The Sneakers we wear with our jeans

Flash

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, mlwdp said:

Viberg is making sneakers now.

IMG_2636.PNG

I said this in a blog post and on Instagram and I will say it again. These are disgustingly ugly and are the poster child for how far Viberg has strayed from their roots and in my personal view, how far they have fallen. I will assume they are making money, but I genuinely believe that this weird, more fashion-oriented approach they are taking will not work out in the long run.

Edited by dudewuttheheck

I feel the same. Viberg is known for their service boots and engineers, other makes (eg chelseas and now these) are not very successful attempts to broaden their market to other areas that are even more saturated with existing, tough competition than the service boot market. I don't think that these will sell.

On 2/9/2018 at 8:13 PM, Maynard Friedman said:

I like them, are you tempted to get a pair @mlwdp?

Haven't had any luck finding them.  The price is nice too for $130.  Cannonball has them I think but it looks like they're in-store only.  

10 hours ago, dudewuttheheck said:

I said this in a blog post and on Instagram and I will say it again. These are disgustingly ugly and are the poster child for how far Viberg has strayed from their roots and in my personal view, how far they have fallen. I will assume they are making money, but I genuinely believe that this weird, more fashion-oriented approach they are taking will not work out in the long run.

c'mon...they're not THAT bad. I know they're not the kind of kicks someone who rocks big buckled engineer boots would wear but, I think they'll do quite well depending on the price. 

Edit: Nope.

Edited by shoreman

I'm a fan of Viberg for the most part and I think it's an interesting idea for them to branch into sneakers but I just can't get behind those sneakers. Even knowing the materials, it still looks like knockoff of an imaginary collab between new balance and sketchers with design input from Steph curry. 

I complain about my mother in law ( think we all do ?? )  But when she sends me pics like this from Japan asking if a US9 is ok I feel a bit bad about all those times I complained about the dead duck hanging from my kitchen or the strangers  ( to me  ) she sends to stay in my house 

IMG-20180316-WA00032_zpsndxnkxs7.jpg

IMG-20180316-WA0001_zpswbbjr3ht.jpg

On 3/17/2018 at 2:21 AM, Geeman said:

Is that a niche site?

Hahaha, you wish.

Vans Old Skool. They probably don't look it but have been in heavy rotation since Jan 2015.

V1.jpg

V2.jpg

Edited by i_denim

On 2/7/2018 at 8:59 AM, mlwdp said:

At-Dirty just came out with some sneakers.  150 yen isn't too bad.

IMG_2462.PNG

If anybody here is interested, Cannoball is now selling these online on Rakuten.

https://global.rakuten.com/en/store/cannonball/item/10001796/

https://global.rakuten.com/en/store/cannonball/item/10001795/

https://global.rakuten.com/en/store/cannonball/item/10001794/

1 hour ago, jegr said:

Dawson_Denim_October_2017-2020_2048x.jpg

I've been trying to ID these sneakers and i'm coming up empty. Anyone familiar?

Looks like it might be the Moonstar Gym Classics? Moonstar also produces shoes for other brands so this colorway could be called something else.

• 2 weeks later...

I just got some Converse Chuck Taylor Oxfords. Not sure how I feel about them. I sized TTS (10), even though all reviews say to size down. My wide ass feet are to blame. Kind of getting a clown shoe feeling. Is that normal for Chucks?

I could size down at the risk of being too narrow. 

F902F4D4-7406-4C58-9CC6-A383AA25550A.jpeg

Edited by istewi