The Sneakers we wear with our jeans

Flash

Diemme Iseo in Kudu antelope leather. If you like me dig Vans but grown to apriciate better quality leather than Vans Vault I can really recommend these.

051D4D85-38B1-44F8-BB28-FF1CF3ED8BCC.jpegOh and they have arch support!

Edited by Spiraltoy

Great Thread Flash. 

I was pretty much a Red Wing man for a number of years but now that I spend my weekdays in steel toecaps I have started to get back into sneakers again.  I do find sneakers a bit harder to pair with denim, especially new heavy denim as it doesn't sit so well. 

Anyway these Jordans were the other day

IMG_0638.jpg

Excelsior sneakers, made in Korea and bought from All Blues co. Excellent pumps, I have no experience with any other high quality brand, but these can't compare with standard Chucks or Vans. I think I've paid around 75 eur for these.

_DSC3395_lr.jpg

On 24/12/2017 at 11:41 PM, itsbenhere said:

damn thanks those look good. do you think they are on the same level as 70's cons?

I don't think they're on that level, personally. Soles are more comfy, rest of the construction is pretty much the same as the standard Vans Authentics. The ones I just posted are the Anaheim ones.

Best shots I had on my phone:

Jeans: Evisu No. 1 2017 Private Stock // Sneakers: Flower Mountain Yamano

XtRaVl8.jpg

fS1Jzqn.jpg

Jeans: Kapital Century Denim Kakishibu Stone // Greats Kent Natural Selection

jwZYUlM.jpg

aMY2vqk.jpg

Jeans: Oni 666zr // Sneakers: Visvim FBT Reno JP

hgl3aI1.jpg

Jeans: Samurai 710xx (tapered by Railcar) // Sneakers: Visvim FBT Reno JP

HXevuKW.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks but if I'm honest I'm a bit disappointed by the quality , I expected more . I haven't worn them for all that long or for anything strenuous but the canvas has developed a small hole at the point where it connects to the sole , it is at a crease point so I know it was not caused by snagging it on something 

On 25/1/2018 at 3:47 PM, Flash said:

Thanks but if I'm honest I'm a bit disappointed by the quality , I expected more . I haven't worn them for all that long or for anything strenuous but the canvas has developed a small hole at the point where it connects to the sole , it is at a crease point so I know it was not caused by snagging it on something 

i think its normal for a vulcanized sneakers to do that  because of how the construction is made, a band that fuse both upper and sole of the sneakers