danii

6 minutes ago, X.bee said:

How sure are you that it doesn't use friction from the other ribbon to hold?

I have a pair and they don’t hold at all... unless mine don’t work properly?

1 hour ago, emenel said:

On the p17 the ribbon doesn’t have any sort of friction or stretch. It also isn’t really meant for holding the pants up, you need a belt. If you look at the old marketing pics you can see. 

Some of the newer oversized pants have friction locks for the ribbon to actually work as a belt. 

I figured as much, since the only people to use the ribbon to hold the pants up were retailers. Mothersite always had a belt. 

• 1 month later...

I uploaded the video about AOKU (re-recording of the moscow presentation I did in the VERISIUM x ITEMS.MAGAZINE talk. Involves superfuture so I am shamelessly placing it here too.

Edited by danii

Does anyone know of a source for the 20mm ladder locks used on the jacket slings? For that matter any leads on where to source a similar 3/4" or 20mm elastic webbing and the Olive Grosgrain that'd be mint. Trying to make a decent replica since Acr is evil and doesn't include a jacket sling with the AK models, but they do with the KM???

Unfortunately I have not seen the Duraflex Evil eye Tensionlock sold anywhere. Also you won't find exact same olive ribbon and elastic webbing, so I would suggest making a better version yourself. If you have someone who is Duraflex customer around he can ask for sample qty of the desired tensionlock.

On 3/14/2017 at 5:46 PM, batmanmovies said:

F4BBDBE6-AD90-444C-96B3-7E88E952ABB7-5592-000003E113539B25_tmp.png

YKK was not really willing to sell us less than 30000 back in the day (2016) someone was looking for them. On the other hand you might be lucky as I heard that there were few spotted in Russia (but not sure if the guy did not buy them all), as I was not interested in those I did no further investigation. They were also spotted on some chinese marketplaces after the DAF release. 

On 7/28/2019 at 2:08 PM, mizzar said:

If you have contacts in Russia you can prixy buy it here
https://xn----7sbb4ac0ad0be6cf.xn--p1ai/goods/slings-and-hardware/17092-pryajka-trehshcheliovaya-regulirovochnaya-duraflex.html
it's around 50 cents but the shipping will be much much more.

Yep, this item in stock here, but only 25 mm and Olive version (shame they put only black version in the description).

Edited by unmen

On 7/28/2019 at 7:08 AM, mizzar said:

Thanks to all for the leads, I'm hoping tri-point is feeling nice and wants to pass some my way... definitely seems like getting a nice copy is gonna be tough since I'm not gonna have Güth & Wolf mill some 3/8" nylon ribbon and there is nothing like the elastic I've seen on the market, such is life?

Also stoked on a new grocery tote I made and will post up soon, full Güth & Wolf and x42~

https://www.armygalanterie.cz 

Also another nice supply source when it comes to Güth & Wolf webbing

Edited by DROVES

• 1 month later...

Grocery bag~

If anyone ever does want to help orchestrate group purchasing of anything from tecsys, to XV 5230 buckles and beyond I'd always be down to take part (though of course logistics will be a nightmare)

IMG_7389.JPG

IMG_7092.JPG

IMG_7108.JPG

1 hour ago, DROVES said:

Grocery bag~

If anyone ever does want to help orchestrate group purchasing of anything from tecsys, to XV 5230 buckles and beyond I'd always be down to take part (though of course logistics will be a nightmare)

IMG_7389.JPG

IMG_7092.JPG

IMG_7108.JPG

looks awesome mate! you taking orders? 

On 9/26/2019 at 2:33 PM, henrisan said:

looks awesome mate! you taking orders? 

Thank you for the kind words! Going to make some tweaks to get it to function a bit smoother, but with a month of use it's holding up well and can easily manage 24 beers, a few kilos of rice, and some snacks. Will update with more!

I shamelessly made a repro/alt 3A-2(TS) this weekend, nothing too special and not a lot of thought on my part, but sight unseen I tried to roughly duplicate the bag. This iteration instead has a TS inner belt as opposed to the pocket (didn't know the size or functionality of the pocket so I figured something modular would be easy and work well with keys, pens, knives and whatever else) ~sorry for my complete inability to do clean binding around the bends, I just don't have the skill nor the right sewing machine setup.

G84A6430.JPG

G84A6431.JPG

G84A6432.JPG

G84A6440.JPG

• 1 month later...

Hey everyone, always impressive works done here and lot of inspirations to try to make some stuffs !

I've tried to do a pattern for something looking like CP2 but with removable sleeves. I was trying yesterday to find a way to buy some Schoeller WB-400, but unavailable everywhere. On shelbyoutdoor, they sell a dryskin extreme but at 260g/m2 instead of 390g/M2, so 2/3 of the weight. 

Do you guys have any ideas where I can find this fabric, or at least something similar? I've looked on extremtextil, shelby, rocky but i'vent seen something which can match. Any ideas/recommendations ?

8 hours ago, Reylius said:

Hey everyone, always impressive works done here and lot of inspirations to try to make some stuffs !

I've tried to do a pattern for something looking like CP2 but with removable sleeves. I was trying yesterday to find a way to buy some Schoeller WB-400, but unavailable everywhere. On shelbyoutdoor, they sell a dryskin extreme but at 260g/m2 instead of 390g/M2, so 2/3 of the weight. 

Do you guys have any ideas where I can find this fabric, or at least something similar? I've looked on extremtextil, shelby, rocky but i'vent seen something which can match. Any ideas/recommendations ?

sounds like a fun project! also not too complicated, since the cp2 is basically a large rectangle with 2 holes for arms (with some fidlock hardware)

pretty sure wb-400 or an equivalent is available on extremtextil, on lunch break right now but shoot me a pm and i'll hit you with a link 2n

also headsup,  not sure if you've ever worked with a fabric thats 390 g/m2 but thats pretttty heavy and you'll have some pretty bulky seams.

250-300 would still have decent body while being much easier to work with

Edited by miiikejohn

• 4 months later...

quarantined in new york so i made these pants over the weekend. will post more details soon, finish is pretty sloppy imo, but a fun opportunity to try out some dryskin. i was really into the new p35-ds trousers, but was reluctant to buy anything so this is the result, no idea what the pattern is like but these aim for a similar cut

EBDEF8EA-A6AA-4C34-9611-8F91EAA5693B.jpeg

for a first go on all these garments i’m pretty excited. still need to make adjustments might add some pockets etc... obviously heavily referenced from acrnm, but it’s a start for my quarantine hobbies 

3964EAF0-2878-4902-8E97-E7D712290BB4.jpeg

966FD5AE-8EFA-43BA-B0AA-1045278673FF.jpeg

3E60E63E-2C70-4EC3-8594-D737E6580597.jpeg

• 9 months later...

Looking for a bit of advice if possible. Just received a pair of second hand Acronym Lunar Force 1. At the bottom of the zip, the connection from the toe box to the upper is on its last threads. I was thinking of using an adhesive to maybe help strengthen the joint around the area.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated. Much love.

0724F873-101E-422D-9031-0923596CEFC9.jpeg

20607F08-C1C8-4475-B71B-547916865766.jpeg