danii

to add to the sources shelbyoutdoor.com is a place you can get DrySkin (long fuzz not as cropped as acronyms fabric) 

also lil apron project, few months of wear.

diy TecSys on a 1000 Denier Euro Spec water resistant Cordura

B42FB3C1-F767-4B08-AE0A-67EF6025AB48.jpeg

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/27/2019 at 4:50 PM, mizzar said:

So.... Guys.
Now working on some summer pants but all thin fabrics i found are just not robust enough for my chunky legs :) 
Desperately looking for that Terratex 94% Nylon 6% Elastane blend Arc uses.
Googling doesn't help, due Arc being one and only who marks that fabric this way.
Somebody, pleeease help, if only with another name of this fabric
If its factory with giant MOQ i could negotiate sample for myself, or even buy up to 100m.
 really desperate here, 35+ Celsius last summer, here)

Tried to scrap some relevant information and didn't get much either.... Brief mention of it here on this Outlier Reddit thread. 2nd comment down. It could just be their own branded fabric.

Edit: First thing that comes up when searching TerraTex is Hanesgeo which looks completely unrelated. They possibly needed to change the name due to it being the same?

Edited by Kreation Laboratories
More info

On 5/6/2019 at 8:50 AM, Kreation Laboratories said:

Tried to scrap some relevant information and didn't get much either.... Brief mention of it here on this Outlier Reddit thread. 2nd comment down. It could just be their own branded fabric.

Edit: First thing that comes up when searching TerraTex is Hanesgeo which looks completely unrelated. They possibly needed to change the name due to it being the same?

Thank you, but sadly not much more info.
I tried looking for similar "hiking pants fabric" and all i found were thou looking the same, but had a harsh and dry feel, nothing like Arc's terratex. 
Quest continues. 

On 2/27/2019 at 4:50 PM, mizzar said:

So.... Guys.
Now working on some summer pants but all thin fabrics i found are just not robust enough for my chunky legs :) 
Desperately looking for that Terratex 94% Nylon 6% Elastane blend Arc uses.
Googling doesn't help, due Arc being one and only who marks that fabric this way.
Somebody, pleeease help, if only with another name of this fabric
If its factory with giant MOQ i could negotiate sample for myself, or even buy up to 100m.
really desperate here, 35+ Celsius last summer, here)

Is this "terratex" fabric just a durable stretch woven that performs very well, essentially? 94%  nylon 6% elastane is the exact composition of many schoeller dryskin variants and also some of the dryskin extreme variants. You can get that fabric on rockywoods.

Edited by miiikejohn

On 5/8/2019 at 4:37 PM, mizzar said:

Thank you, but sadly not much more info.
I tried looking for similar "hiking pants fabric" and all i found were thou looking the same, but had a harsh and dry feel, nothing like Arc's terratex. 
Quest continues. 

On 5/8/2019 at 10:45 PM, miiikejohn said:

Is this "terratex" fabric just a durable stretch woven that performs very well, essentially? 94%  nylon 6% elastane is the exact composition of many schoeller dryskin variants and also some of the dryskin extreme variants. You can get that fabric on rockywoods.

Found it, under the name of Palisade. Is this a Rockywoods branded fabric? Miiikejohn is right about Rockywoods

https://www.rockywoods.com/Palisade-Durable-Stretch-Woven-with-DWR

94% Nylon and 6% Elastane. 

Edited by Kreation Laboratories
Correction: Technically miiikejohn found it

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

STITCHES: specials are not really necesarry, you just get along with straight stitch and just sometimes use tight zigzag to pretend it's a bar tack. I am currently using only straight stitch for sample making. 

FEET: apart from basic (teflon) one, I used zipper foot a lot and not just for zippers, it's essential companion for rounded corners. For heavier tasks I used walking foot. Some use the edgebinding feet but I never got used to it and most of the time use prefolded bias tape for my samples. You can get a feet set of ebay or amazon and they will be the same as your machine branded ones.

• 2 weeks later...

Soooo I kinda wanna find a means to secure the loose strap on my jacket sling after pulling it taught. I’m not big on the hangy strap type thing. I have a bit of knowledge of some of those type things from other shit I’ve used that secures the same style straps to keep them from swinging free but don’t have anything close to the words for them. Anybody have any leads? I’m looking at you @Dani 

in here! so:

1. DURAFLEX QUIK-SLIP KEEPER, comes in 20mm (which is what you will need for the jacketsling (if they haven't changed since last time I bought ACR jacket - SS12). imo it's a bit too big solution for the low-profile jacketsling but it's the easiest to operate. Other manufacturers (woojin, ITW) will have alternatives too.

2. ITW WEB DOMINATOR. Only comes for 1'' but the construction is weird anyway. 

3. ITW ANNEX CLIP. Only for 1'' and I do not like how stiff it is. The aliexpress versions work better from my point of view (search keyword: "webbing clip")

4. Good'ol SLOTTED LOOP is meant to be securing loose ends even when we use it to attach pouches to PALS rail. Comes in 20mm too.

5. My prefered would be a DIY solution. Simple elastic band folded, sewn and turn inside out. While at it, I would replace the default (again based on SS12 jacketsling that still had the fidlocks inside) elastic strap with a stronger one.

1979108879_Artboard1.thumb.png.a865e7b49c92b6843196d1ac117cff71.png

I bought a pair of P17s on Yahoo JP and it came without the Nylon Webbing for the waist cinch, I should have paid more attention to the listing (fuuuh).  I don't think just threading a replacement through the waist will fix it, correct me if I'm wrong.  How to fix this shit?

13 hours ago, Flipflop214 said:

I bought a pair of P17s on Yahoo JP and it came without the Nylon Webbing for the waist cinch, I should have paid more attention to the listing (fuuuh).  I don't think just threading a replacement through the waist will fix it, correct me if I'm wrong.  How to fix this shit?

Not an expert, but standard 1inch webbing would work just fine. I believe the ACR one is semi elastic (might just be standard nylon webbing) and has the ends doubled up twice and sewn. All you'd need to do is get roughly the same measurements (seems to be double the length of the waist) run it through the pants and done. 

Hope that helps!

Edited by DavidMN

So the 1in webbing cinches the waist by way of friction? 

I bought a roll of 7/8 polyester ribbon last night and threaded it through the waist. Pulled it to cinch but did not work. I guess ultimately it won’t be needed since I use a belt anyways. Just kinda frustrating cause I want it to work as intended. 

22 hours ago, Flipflop214 said:

Was that the black (Stotz) pair from the other week? Almost bid on that....surprised they went as high as they did!

2 hours ago, Flipflop214 said:

So the 1in webbing cinches the waist by way of friction? 

I bought a roll of 7/8 polyester ribbon last night and threaded it through the waist. Pulled it to cinch but did not work. I guess ultimately it won’t be needed since I use a belt anyways. Just kinda frustrating cause I want it to work as intended. 

I thought it cinched the waist by being pulled tight and knotted just like drawstrings. 

2 hours ago, Appleseed said:

Was that the black (Stotz) pair from the other week? Almost bid on that....surprised they went as high as they did!

Yep, $830 out the door, lmao Smh.. with a missing nylon webbing. 

Disregard my last post. I was feeling where it tugs at, still two separate ribbons but they are anchored in at opposite ends of the pant waist i.e., left visible dangling ribbon has the right ones anchor underneath, with both ends anchored on both sides of front pant closure, using the friction of the opposite ribbon to hold it throughout the waist.

20190616_001517.thumb.jpg.3f7531e4e2eab30f492051d5d8efe0ab.jpg20190616_001542.thumb.jpg.0904a6f36fecb97b481ae7210925508a.jpg

Edited by X.bee

On the p17 the ribbon doesn’t have any sort of friction or stretch. It also isn’t really meant for holding the pants up, you need a belt. If you look at the old marketing pics you can see. 

Some of the newer oversized pants have friction locks for the ribbon to actually work as a belt. 

I think we're all aware of the the buckles on the newer pants. He's just wondering how the mechanism on his P17 works cause it was missing the webbing. How sure are you that it doesn't use friction from the other ribbon to hold?

Edited by X.bee