danii

AOKU–WARE 202004 BELT UNIT (13 YEARS LATER)

2.jpg

1.jpg

CHAPTER ONE: 3 SECTION COMPOSITION

1_SECTION [OPERATIONAL]: based on double 40mm polyamid webbing, the operational section features COBRAFRAME stretch buckle [alluminium] /w 25mm release tab, heavy duty D-ring for power tightening, velcro array (161600 series compatible) and 6 tec-sys/molle/pals compatible slots (3 covered with velcro)

2_SECTION [ELASTIC]: originally designed in 2000 for rollerblading project (but never created) as a solution for belt that will make waistline feel a bit more like sweatpants. 202004 varies in length of the heavy duty elastic section.

ico.png

3_SECTION [TAIL]: the very same double 40mm polyamid webbing for easy looping with a subtle branding inside the tightening loop.

*the item is sewed with super-strong ALTERFIL S35 thread, heavy seams covered

CHAPTER TWO: TAIL GUIDE
The tail guide helps aligning the tail where desired and also prevents creation of the bulge (caused by folding the belt). Fold the tail inwards and put it through the loop.

CHAPTER THREE: SIZING
Measure where you are going to wear your belt, over pants and pick size where your measurements go right in between [if unsure - SIZE DOWN or contact AOKU_adviso®]
XS: 56–91cm/22’’–36’’ [weight 123g]
S: 63–96cm/25’’–38’’ [weight 129g]
M: 71–105cm/28’’–41’’ [weight 132g]
L: 79–114cm/31’’–45’’ [weight 134g]
XL: 86–121cm/34’’–48’’  [weight 138g]

CHAPTER FOUR: WEARING
The buckle is meant to be worn on a side. This is the place where it hurts the least when you fall and the buckle is pressed in the flesh.

3.jpg

4.jpg

blueprint.png

AVAILABLE NOW TODAY @731.beats (swatch internet time) AOKU SURPLUS OUTPUT STORE EXCLUSIVE.

(restock in october, don't sleep)
Edited by danii

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My belt from danii arrived today and it's awesome. It took me a few minutes to figure out the best way to situate it and how the parts fit together, but now that I've got it on it looks great, feels great, and is easy to adjust. The hanging tail gives it a bit of something extra, especially when it's largely covered by a shirt.

I love it and will likely wear it most days.

AOKU–WARE 071802 RESTLESS GYMBAG [sIMPLE CARRY OBJECTS pt.1]

6.png

Exploration collection of simple and classic bag shapes on techwear steroids:

– BLACK MATTE X-PAC® FABRIC

– 8x2 TECSYS TABS [OUTSIDE] + 5 TECSYS TABS [iNSIDE]
– CARABINER LEASH [CARABINER INCLUDED]
– 10C REVERSE COIL ZIPPER POCKET [CUSTOM ZIPPER PULL /w 550 PARACORD]
– INSIDE POCKET [iPHONE6S COMPATIBLE]
– 161610 RESTLESS PATCH
– FAST SHOULDER STRAPS ADJUSTERS
– STEALTH BRANDING
– SIZE: 34x49cm / 13.4''x19.3''

0.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

AVAILABLE TOMORROW AT HTTP://AOKU.TICTAIL.COM

• 2 weeks later...

Shout out to Daniel for these great items he's been producing lately. I just got the gym bag in today and am looking forward to putting it to use (XPAC FTW!). Feedback on a previous purchase-

I got a belt a few weeks back and have been using it pretty extensively. This one is my third cobra belt and it solves my only real complaint with the others which is threading thru loops. Other two are a bagjack NXL 40 and a 1kism belt (25mm iirc).

On the 40 I'd have to remove the male end since the buckle is just too big. The 1kism almost solved this issue by having a smaller buckle, but the extra width of the QLQR was just enough to put it over into becoming a nuisance to use. Maybe if the QLQR was further from the part that needed to be fed? Anyway found myself reaching for the bagjack, though ultimately just leaving both threaded in whatever pants were most heavily in my rotation for that week.

The buckle Daniel used here circumvents the problem altogether by not mating at all - it's just one piece. Meaning all that you're feeding thru is the strap end. I don't personally find myself using the tail guide, but your mileage may vary here (and it's conveniently removable). Molle was definitely a nice touch and while I'm not a big fan of bold branding/logos I can appreciate him keeping it out of sight or on the inside for the most part.

Keep doing what you do man! You're definitely killing it in my book. I'll be sure to have an eye out for whatever you've got cooking next.

Edited by kampongkid

So what sewing machines are recommended, for all round, clothing and bags etc.

This is the machine that i started with 2 years ago the Singer 4443. I still use this today so i would recommend the same for you, but you can get the newer version if you like. This is a good "basic" all around to start off with.

• Review

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3jq60sgKsU]

• You will also need these needles to sew various materials.

https://www.amazon.com/Singer-Universal-Regular-Machine-Needles/dp/B00114Q33W/ref=sr_1_cc_1?s=aps&ie=UTF8&qid=1471331545&sr=1-1-catcorr&keywords=singer+universal+needle

• I would also recommend getting one of these sewing foot set as it will help you sew certain materials and do certain jobs easier.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00NEPKX8M/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

As you progress you might end up looking at machines that are specialized to do certain jobs or sew certain things. Now that is a whole new world, and I am still learning myself.

For me even with 2 machine i still feel the need to get 3 other machines to achieve that perfect construction.

Hope this helps

Edited by dsxero

what he said.

I started visiting a fashion courses and they rocommend using brother brand sewing machines, they say they proved to be reliable and capable of most things. as chris said you will find the need for more machines the more advanced you get, in the beginning you can solve most of the issues with different feet attached (walking foot, teflon, zipper or overlock cutter foot).

I think what you both are doing is all too inspiring, I have to admit that I am all for the underdog and if I can support you by purchasing I certainly will, the DIY cottage industry is great and has no constraints or shackles being applied by a corporation, such a great way to augment your wardbrobe of limited clothing and a departure from the 'mainstream'.

Kudos to you both danii & dsxero

• 3 weeks later...

I received one of danii's musette bags earlier this week and have been using it most days. I love it, really practical size and features, stealth aesthetic. The quick adjust strap and long zipper pull are amazing. It's a great every day carry size when I don't need my laptop, easily holds my sketch book and pencils, phone, book, kindle, etc. 

The only critique I have is that the inside pull-up pocket can get stuck on other stuff in the bag on the way back down, so sometimes requires some rearranging when re-seating the pocket in the down position.

Can't wait to see what's next! Love these little bags.

@Azhe

I think it's Polyester Grosgrain Ribbon. Berisfords brand produce an high quality one if you are about online purchasing.

Just had a look at their main site but can't seem to find any links to buy beside a list of stockists (many of which are really far from where I live; the middle of fucking nowhere, Australia)

Did I look at the wrong website?

@Azhe

I can't be so much helpful since I live in Europe.. Anyway you can find them on eBay; just type "Grosgrain Ribbon" and even try to add "Berisfords". I just look for those for sale from Europe but there are many from US, maybe you can find something from AU.

If you won't be lucky, you can always try in a local sewing or fabric shop, it's a very commercial webbing.

• 2 weeks later...