danii

• 4 weeks later...

412240-04eee1da018e486ab4b792204b69cd29.

0601-0 LINE

[FORM vs FUNCTION FOLDER]

front side with custom printed (tiger shard camouflage) TYVEK vs. backside from heavyweight X-PAC VX21

-04 version to fit DIN A4 with 40mm elastic band loop and handle with custom 3D printed hardware (this sounds like loremgibson but it's real)

-05 version to fit DIN A5 with 25mm elastic band loop and custom 3D printed 40MM>25MM hardware to mount it to -04

FIG.2: [-05 mounted to -04]

412240-9c952e5deb3348d58422b9c080b738d9.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone know how easy it would be to stitch the 'bottom' part of these closures? Doable by a tailor?

I want to advise you that if you plan to stitch this under a machine be aware of the length of the stitch, and the pre-exisiting punches.  You can possibly punch and make existing holes bigger  which can result with a loose completion. Overall, it can easily be completed. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone Stateside stock ETA Proof cotton? I need to repair a 2inch hole and I don't feel like buying a full yard for 40 bucks from the UK.

At that size of hole you might want to contact a provider for a sample, then use the sample. You could also, if you're patching, put a nylon or laminate layer hidden underneath an unproofed cotton layer, and use a seam-sealant under your stitches. Or, you could use regular cotton and nikwax it.

Just as alternatives.

The whole bag? Excellent work!

Yes the entire thing.

So is the top flap is held with those Fidlock nipple things, or are they for something else?

That is correct, it is used to hold down the top flap as it has two compartment.

Yes the entire thing.

That is correct, it is used to hold down the top flap as it has two compartment.

Nice work on the bag. Sewing several layers of heavy material like that can be challenging, Did you use an industrial straight stitch or a walking foot on it?

Edited by SkylerJavier

What material is the outside of the bag?

Great work! 

Nice work on the bag. Sewing several layers of heavy material like that can be challenging, Did you use an industrial straight stitch or a walking foot on it?

Thank you ! I used a Walking foot and material is XPAC

• 3 weeks later...