dudewuttheheck

Japan Trip

Imo, End of March to April (Sakura season) & November (Autumn colors) is the ideal time to visit.

Not too hot/cold, granted I prefer winter over summer.

Roll on end of March, 2nd trip to Japan. This threads keeping me constantly reminded it's coming!

2 hours ago, redragon said:

Imo, End of March to April (Sakura season) & November (Autumn colors) is the ideal time to visit.

Not too hot/cold, granted I prefer winter over summer.

I would love to go in November for the next trip!

@Geeman nice! I can't wait to go again. It can't come soon enough. What cities are you heading to?

3 hours ago, Geeman said:

Roll on end of March, 2nd trip to Japan. This threads keeping me constantly reminded it's coming!

Is that 2 trips in 2 years for you?

4 hours ago, dudewuttheheck said:

I would love to go in November for the next trip!

@Geeman nice! I can't wait to go again. It can't come soon enough. What cities are you heading to?

2 hours ago, Niro said:

Is that 2 trips in 2 years for you?

Yes mate. With Thailand Turkey Hong kong Cuba Berlin and Amsterdam inbetween!  Live for those holidays! 

Was about to ask you guys for recommendations outside of Tokyo? We are in Tokyo for about 7 days with a day in Yokohama. Looking to spend 2 nights elsewhere. Suggestions? We'll be pretty shopped out by then.

Edited by Geeman

I don't hate you at all Geeman ^_^

1 hour ago, Geeman said:

Yes mate. With Thailand Turkey Hong kong Cuba Berlin and Amsterdam inbetween!  Live for those holidays! 

Was about to ask you guys for recommendations outside of Tokyo? We are in Tokyo for about 7 days with a day in Yokohama. Looking to spend 2 nights elsewhere. Suggestions? We'll be pretty shopped out by then.

If you like monkeys you can go to Nagano, they have a monkeys park nearby where wild monkeys go into the natural hot springs. On the way back towards the Village we stopped by a shrine and even got attacked by a monkey of another group!

Nagano itself was nice and quiet compared to Kyoto and Tokyo. But there are probably way more cool cities to see. 

Ps: I'm so jealous of your trips, wish I was able to do that

Edited by greathoudini

Any and all of northern Japan for the nature!

5 hours ago, Geeman said:

I would say something like Nagano or northern Japan for something more relaxing and beautiful instead of a major city.

Even without going to Flat Head, I would love to go back to Nagano. It's stunningly beautiful there.

Yesterday I visited some second hand stores. There are a lot of them in Tokyo and they even sell some quality Japanese denim. 

Saw a pair of momotaro's, orslow jeans and a lot of flat head in Bingo. I think bingo is the biggest second hand store. Some of the jeans still had the tag attached and the other ones didn't had any fades yet. 

Geeman, if you haven't been to Fuji it's well worth it; it was actually my favorite part of visiting Tokyo, aside from the Robot Restaurant. :P  

I bought some denimz! 

Got a pair of kapital jeans in their cisco cut. Great jeans and a nice change in Wright after wearing 21+ oz for 4 years. 

Bought a sort of kimono shirt as well.

Great read and very informative .

im surprised others that have visited Japan on a denim / boots pilgrimage haven't added to the content with their trip .

ill be going next year , would you mind if I added my pictures and experiences ? At this stage I'm not sure what I'll get but what Iv seen of your trip I'm now added some want items and I'll be researching my ass off before I go .

On 7/1/2018 at 4:46 PM, splash pitman said:

Great read and very informative .

im surprised others that have visited Japan on a denim / boots pilgrimage haven't added to the content with their trip .

ill be going next year , would you mind if I added my pictures and experiences ? At this stage I'm not sure what I'll get but what Iv seen of your trip I'm now added some want items and I'll be researching my ass off before I go .

Please do! I would love to hear about and see everyone's experiences. I need ideas for my next trip :)