Fakcronym making tommow comes today

sort-of self call out post

I bought this J55-MP off Grailed a few months ago... and just heard that it might be fake. At first I thought no one would copy J55-MP but on close inspection and next to my (authentic) LA5-MP I now believe it to be a total fake... 
Wh7NLd2.jpg
Link to album

tl:dr - think i got scammed bros

Edited by awex

30 minutes ago, awex said:

sort-of self call out post

I bought this J55-MP off Grailed a few months ago... and just heard that it might be fake. At first I thought no one would copy J55-MP but on close inspection and next to my (authentic) LA5-MP I now have my doubts. If its fake, its certainly a good fake, as I haven't noticed it among the rest of my acr for however many wears now. 
Wh7NLd2.jpg
Link to album

question remains: did the seller on grailed know? can I get a refund 5 months after purchase? answer to both probably not!!

tl:dr - think i got scammed bros fuuuuuck

Sad bout it man!

but i forget wether post here otherwise post on my IG indeed there are cheap fake nemen stuffs especially these two model in China, which I certainly met on internet whiles ago, they sale for like 50 bucks for shirt and 100 for jacket.

Open the case immediately if you got any uncertainty. 

Edited by Xu Jianfeng

• 1 month later...
On 9/21/2018 at 6:34 PM, blakebru97 said:

Hey guys im reporting a listing of the j58 that went up on grailed recently. 

https://www.grailed.com/listings/6567563-Acronym-J58-WS-WINDSTOPPER-CLIMASHIELD-LINER-JACKETimage.thumb.png.ca50acc6902b44169ae41cd0e55d7743.png

image.thumb.png.c5f5a9b32d4cfcfac2a8be03a73090e8.png

image.thumb.png.fa31720b33a9e50692fabc4ac8de7df1.png

I asked where he got i and he said off ebay from italian listing, i did some digging and found it 

https://www.ebay.fr/itm/ACRONYM-J58-WS-Windstopper-Climashield-Liner-Jacket-/273429534635 

i showed him the link and he Blocked me lol

the bag is also a dead give away and bag size tag 

i also did a comparison of my friends authentic one and the fakes tags material percentages are off, it also says POLYAMIDE instead of polyester. 

here is my friends tag The listing got taken down while posting this lol

but be careful out there this is a very good fake

Pretty sure this is the same fake on this ebay listing, same creases and everything.

Beware:

https://www.grailed.com/listings/7460605-Acronym-J58-WS

Edited by Mixture

• 2 months later...

the jacket is 399GBP, new with tag and the seller has multiple sizes. the listing is SCREAMING fake. anyone who is stupid enough to purchase that jacket thinking it's real frankly deserves to be separated from their money. While I definitely don't condone fakes, it's one thing to try to pass some fake as the real thing (including selling at ACR price), it's another when it's painfully obvious you're not getting the real thing. 

1 hour ago, Kasper said:

the jacket is 399GBP, new with tag and the seller has multiple sizes. the listing is SCREAMING fake. anyone who is stupid enough to purchase that jacket thinking it's real frankly deserves to be separated from their money. While I definitely don't condone fakes, it's one thing to try to pass some fake as the real thing (including selling at ACR price), it's another when it's painfully obvious you're not getting the real thing. 

Hahhaha, well said!

2 hours ago, Toilettebun said:

New fake P24A-DS spotted please beware:

Is it just me, or are the fakes getting better?

This one certainly seems a lot easier to mistake for authentic, esp. when compared to the trash that has surfaced on eBay.

Edited by lopiteaux

Just noticed some trends  and heads up for ya guys:

taobao mobile version shows obviously less new fake models these days, on the other hand, ebay and yahoo jp do have some constant fake shit popping up which might tell the export of faking items adjusted quite a bit. Sometimes the fake is bit tricky like last time around i just met a p23ts-s with a japanese retail label copied, and again, lmao, they copy some schoeller labels too.

then again, least keeping all trades under paypal or your credit card company protection once you got your goods in hand and turns out somethings unauthentic.

On 2/21/2019 at 8:15 AM, Xu Jianfeng said:

Just noticed some trends  and heads up for ya guys:

taobao mobile version shows obviously less new fake models these days, on the other hand, ebay and yahoo jp do have some constant fake shit popping up which might tell the export of faking items adjusted quite a bit. Sometimes the fake is bit tricky like last time around i just met a p23ts-s with a japanese retail label copied, and again, lmao, they copy some schoeller labels too.

then again, least keeping all trades under paypal or your credit card company protection once you got your goods in hand and turns out somethings unauthentic.

Are there anyway of improving chances of PayPal Buyer Protection refunds? Like for example, asking the buyer for an email of all real shots of the product and specifically stating in the email that it is an "authentic Acronym"?

FYI, suspicious J32 on Grailed. Text in the label looks a little bold, and the positioning of the sizes is off.

IGNORE ME - Hasty to react, and didn’t realise that authentic pieces had misaligned size tags. I've seen so many fakes crop up lately that I've been a bit overzealous in calling them out.

Apologies to the Seller.

Edited by lopiteaux
Hasty work - a shame for its creator.

The latest discussions on fakes is seriously discouraging. Regardless of how close to the authentic items they may become, fakes are something I personally would never want to purchase. No disrespect to anyone who buys them as beaters. 

I'm not even sure what would be the smoking gun to prove authenticity of any of these garments. At least the ones worth copying from the perspective of a producer of fakes. A forwarded email of the order receipt maybe? Even that seems pretty trivial to fake or to simply not be representative of the item(s) sold. If you like to shop second-hand you'll need to start establishing solid relationships with some folks here, shoutouts to @xumatrix

10 hours ago, chillwaveplaylist said:

Yo guys,

Just purchased a J22-GT off grailed, was wondering if anyone knew if that model has been repro'd? IE fake? 

Thanks

Seems extremely unlikely, given how old the design is and how it predates most of the hype. If you want to post pictures here or DM me, I can tell you if it looks the same as mine though.

Also, congrats, it's one of the best jackets they've ever made.

Edited by drgitlin

• 3 weeks later...

Seems fishy; I contacted the seller regarding proof of purchase and the response was "we get our acronym from one source"

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Acronym-Mens-J53TS-GT-Gore-Tex-Pro-Tec-Sys-Interops-Coat-HD3-Black-Large-NWT/303098557174?hash=item469214f2f6:g:iegAAOSw8NNcjU8Y:sc:USPSPriority!91016!US!-1

Btw, this model has been duplicated.

24 minutes ago, ArmandGLA said:

Seems fishy; I contacted the seller regarding proof of purchase and the response was "we get our acronym from one source"

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Acronym-Mens-J53TS-GT-Gore-Tex-Pro-Tec-Sys-Interops-Coat-HD3-Black-Large-NWT/303098557174?hash=item469214f2f6:g:iegAAOSw8NNcjU8Y:sc:USPSPriority!91016!US!-1

Looks legit to me. If you see the goretex pro grid lines inside the jacket. image quality was poor but you can still see them.

2 hours ago, ArmandGLA said:

Just because a seller won't provide proof of purchase doesn't mean their item is 100% fake. Same goes if a seller has proof, you can still get a fake item. You gotta do the research.

54 minutes ago, Kamikaze said:

Just because a seller won't provide proof of purchase doesn't mean their item is 100% fake. Same goes if a seller has proof, you can still get a fake item. You gotta do the research.

The seller could use legit photos and send another identical piece instead. Their is a dedicated instagram page calling out fake acronyms and this design/piece is on there (recently). Hence why I asked for proof of purchase. 

On 3/26/2019 at 1:29 PM, Kamikaze said:

I'll be honest I didn't really look over the listing posted but I was just going off what you wrote. Having just glanced over the photos I can say that more should be requested

Yea, seems legit; I sent an offer but they declined 

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 12/17/2018 at 3:43 PM, Mixture said:

Pretty sure this is the same fake on this ebay listing, same creases and everything.

Beware:

https://www.grailed.com/listings/7460605-Acronym-J58-WS

i had a moment of stupidity and bought a fake italian j58 last year... i gotta say i would be way more mad if it wasnt a good fake... but its F A K E

• 1 month later...