Fakcronym making tommow comes today

9 hours ago, scamster said:

with all of these counterfeits worming their way to the open market acronym need to start protecting their customers who only wish to purchase the genuine article and employ a service such as certilogo or something similar. it will also help protect those in the used market too, sellers and particularly buyers.

Sad but true, write to E about year ago for the fakes. I think he’s still got capacity to deal with these shit yet.

I got latest screenshot from the faking supply chain system, you could tell from that.c0w3Um5RZjRUSjFxeWtSVmw2WFBWLzNqbC8yS0p1

• 3 weeks later...
On 18.11.2017 at 1:46 AM, scamster said:

with all of these counterfeits worming their way to the open market acronym need to start protecting their customers who only wish to purchase the genuine article and employ a service such as certilogo or something similar. it will also help protect those in the used market too, sellers and particularly buyers.

+1, But i have to add That certilogo can be dodgy sometimes. I know for a fact that if alot of people are authenticating the same piece the same day, certilogo will put it to "fake" just based on the amount of searches. This happens to alot of items in Stone Island Facebook-groups. But i do agree. A legit check system would be sick. Maybe serial Numbers? Making each piece an individual serial or something? 

• 2 months later...
On 2/17/2018 at 10:50 PM, scamster said:

j58-ws fake? someone better informed or has one would be able to tell but doesn't look right too me.

On 2/18/2018 at 3:51 AM, Z-11 said:

I haven't seen 1718 jacket. But 1617 has patent inscription inside under the hanger loop.

14_2.jpg

Here's my 1718 J58-WS for reference. No patent inscription under size label but notice the alignment of size letters in relation to "+", same as the one posted by @Z-11 but different from the one on ebay.

2331223.jpg

On 2018/2/21 at 6:02 AM, TestaRossaTed said:

Here's my 1718 J58-WS for reference. No patent inscription under size label but notice the alignment of size letters in relation to "+", same as the one posted by @Z-11 but different from the one on ebay.

2331223.jpg

This thing pop up on eBay today and some new detail pics, from this one I’m super sure this is a fake, at least the ziplock bag and label on it, LOOK AT THE POOR PRINTING MODEL NAME 

c0w3Um5RZjRUSjNvR2duUFIyV3IzVVN5ZWZFaHhK

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

@the-intern I interacted with this guy through PM’s on IG the other night and he said he’d already talked to you regarding similarities in product design, and had offered datasets from February showing development that far back? Assuming he had discussed this with you - Not sure why there’s beef here? As mentioned above, Outlier ran with this concept well before either of you. Not trying to stir things up, and I don’t have a vested interest beyond seeing good things come to market, which you both seem to be doing, but dude seemed very sincere, forthcoming, polite and professional in his PM’s with me... 

@brainerd666 - CJ and I have spoken in recent days -since this post- and I agree, dood seems pretty cool! I have no beef, he genuinely seems committed to doing better in the future, and I hope for him all the success. This early release, albeit mildly frustrating, could be the beginnings of a really great brand. I've extended out to him whatever support I am able to offer in the form of suppliers or vendors should he want to spare a headache in the future. :) I've received a pile of messages, including from kickstarter, about this possible copyright overlap - I've no intent of making action against it, just a little disappointed in the initial shock. As said above I've since spoken with the creator and alls well, he's chill and full of enthusiasm. (also technically my designs belong to massdrop, so im just sorta along for the ride here anyhow :) )

Edited by the-intern

putting beginners down using your audience to prop yourself up is a wack trait in general .. i don't encourage this to anyone. 

moreso when one claims to be a community ambassador (and design is outlier?? ;)

i like seein peoples development of designs IMO, and all the diy ninjas in here started by taking on an existing design.  Facts. 

Edited by solo1

@solo1 - i didn't know the dood when i made the post, and now there's a whole discussion around it and it would be odd to delete. At the time of the post I just just awoke to a large volume of messages from supporters in the community who were alerting me of this kickstarter... even kickstarter contacted me over DCMA complaints. Alls been smoothed over now, and i hope this thread only serves a redirect to CJ's sales page for further support at this point, as ample clarity has been made now that he's a cool cat methinks. :)

Edited by the-intern

@the-internUnderstood, but the real damage mayve been done after ur insta post having hundreds  shun that profile.  Too hasty

Chill of you to smooth over stuff with Kickstarter though, and it doesn't look like it will be successful . It doesn't seem like the padding or internal webbing  feature r very well advertised which is what i was real psyched on.

Every1 starting just wants to buy fabric and buckles lolll so I like to support the people just coming in .. unless your that guy sx3am or 1kcorp.

Edited by solo1

Come on now, to suggest the difference between collective carry's(?) bags and the interns no waste bags is in any way similar to the difference between the no waste bags and outliers waterfall concept is laughable. And don't get me started about their generic trash video or the actual 'design'. Lets be real, this does not count as putting down "beginners", at least not in the sense it is employed here.

Do I think the intern could have taken more lightly, especially since he posted the blueprint/construction instruction for his bags (which I really appreciate), maybe; probably. Would there be a fitting thread for this sort of issue, yes > techwear.fail.

Edited by hjpx
sigh

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey guys im reporting a listing of the j58 that went up on grailed recently. 

https://www.grailed.com/listings/6567563-Acronym-J58-WS-WINDSTOPPER-CLIMASHIELD-LINER-JACKETimage.thumb.png.ca50acc6902b44169ae41cd0e55d7743.png

image.thumb.png.c5f5a9b32d4cfcfac2a8be03a73090e8.png

image.thumb.png.fa31720b33a9e50692fabc4ac8de7df1.png

I asked where he got i and he said off ebay from italian listing, i did some digging and found it 

https://www.ebay.fr/itm/ACRONYM-J58-WS-Windstopper-Climashield-Liner-Jacket-/273429534635 

i showed him the link and he Blocked me lol

the bag is also a dead give away and bag size tag 

i also did a comparison of my friends authentic one and the fakes tags material percentages are off, it also says POLYAMIDE instead of polyester. 

here is my friends tag image.jpgThe listing got taken down while posting this lol

but be careful out there this is a very good fake

Edited by blakebru97