mikecch

Hey guys, I’ve opened up pre-orders on my new Bantam short-sleeve work shirt in 5 oz. Japanese selvedge cotton-linen chambray in both indigo and ecru version:

https://the-rite-stuff.com/

The ecru version is arriving a bit later because the mill will have to specially make more of this fabric for me, perhaps those down under won’t mind though!

IMt0EoT.jpg

GTanvJ5.jpg

IVjEXnz.jpg

Although the Bantam is 1930s in styling, short-sleeve work shirts were not generally sold before the post-WWII, unless marketed as sport shirts with sport collars, so if guys wanted a short sleeve they would cut down a long sleeve:

wSszl8L.jpg

uWioTUI.jpg

HqVlrKM.jpg

A slightly lower back yoke this time, based on a 1920s catalog I have:

IqOCqL8.jpg

The acorn pockets are often thought of as a later Lee invention but I’ve found examples from 1920s catalogs of this pocket shape. That said, Lee did popularize them with the Chetopa shirt:

MIonjU3.jpg

1937:

yAcjvlB.jpg

EDgRefG.jpg

Star-pattern urea buttons, made in Japan, are based on 1920s originals:

l9ekaAz.jpg

4NKK220.jpg

Original button on a 1940s Tuf Nut shirt I have:

9M9BFIm.jpg

Edited by Iron Horse

12 hours ago, conqueror said:

props for listing the size you're wearing and your height/weight. it's maddening how many stores still don't do this.

Yeah agreed; a bunch of Japanese stores do it so I’m used to it, to the point of it being a no-brainer.

• 1 year later...

It looks like shameless self-promotion is back again, so in that spirit, Heracles pre-orders are open for next month!

https://the-rite-stuff.com/products/the-rite-stuff-heracles-work-shirt-indigo-pre-order-for-april-2020

New details include a longer collar, wider pockets, narrower back placket, and less taper to the waist. 

Pictures here with the Pacemaker pants in Sun Tan and the Wild Frontier Goods Blackburn belt.

5D3F8AED-29B2-4765-BD7B-819C69C1DC43.jpeg

9163E775-D119-4324-BA77-74F1EAB93864.jpeg