mikecch

How much does the Heracles chambray shrink up if given the full treatment (dryer, etc.)? By the measurements, I've always figured I'd be a medium, but a large has popped up for sale and I'm trying to convince myself it might work

and: Anyone get their slub yarn undershirts in yet?

^ Thanks, good info. Around how tall are you? More often than not, I end up having to size up because of sleeve length, so this may end up being more feature than bug for me

^ I see, in that case I think you'll be alright. I'm 5'10 and 180lbs - semi-wide shoulders and a short torso and wide-ish hips (which means the bottom button, which is quite low on the Heracles, is never buttoned because the shirt is tapered towards the hem quite a bit).

Just received both of my Atlas shirts, these are really top notch.
The salt and pepper chambray feels heavy duty. I'm happy with the fit, although I might give them a warm wash to see if I can get a tiny bit of shrinkage.
Will get some fit pics when I get around to it. Thanks @Iron Horse, looking forward to more releases in the future.
A3Frxpm.jpg
XsdjCg9.jpg
BJbzEja.jpg
w6O8g6P.jpg
H4Eggkd.jpg
JZN2B4a.jpg
p1MRUqP.jpg
wT4Z71D.jpg
JkZWjQ6.jpg
IjrSO5H.jpg
gzihKFM.jpg
jjQpFTo.jpg
LP3IucA.jpg
8MTdl0O.jpg
6fEzZ3D.jpg
YD3RPCS.jpg
rMRjely.jpg

@mpukas that’s correct, it’s a period correct detail of some workshirts of the 30s/40s if I recall correctly. I was a little hesitant because I don’t own any shirts like that but it doesn’t looks weird at all. Bryan has some great articles about the history of the workshirt on his blog.

• 3 weeks later...

@tigerstrom here’s the measurements for my XXL after two washes and one trip through the dryer. 

Chest: 24 in. 

Shoulders: 20 in  

Length: 30 in. 

Sleeves: 26 in. 

Definitely shrank some in the chest and midsection, I’m not sure how it measured prewash. For instance my sleeves are a bit longer than the size chat. But they shrank up pretty much perfectly!

That sleeve measurement is really hopeful…I skipped out on this one specifically 'cause I was worried the sleeves would come up short

Anyone else have input on how consistent these are w.r.t. the size charts?

My Atlas shirt in sage just arrived and a incredible nice shirt! I sized up two sizes from my Heracles because it's a bit small and I like the fit. If a can get a tiny bit more shrinkage from a wash it will be exactly as I want it. 

Edited by tigerstrom
Typo

• 2 weeks later...

2019-07-24_10-38-01

Atlas shirt! Love the fabric and the fit. I could possibly just have sized up one size from my Heracles shirt but I was afraid that the waist would be to slim.

Edited by tigerstrom
Typo

• 5 months later...

Any thoughts on sizing the new Heracles shirt?  I ordered L but am wondering if I should have gone XL.  The L measurements look about right but it looks like these may come in a bit with washing.  For reference, I'm an XL in Iron Heart shirts.

• 1 month later...
12 minutes ago, YossarianRaw said:

@Broark, I don't know, the outer layer of my Heracles elbow blew out and now I don't really wear it. There's another layer underneath but you can still really see it's blown out, so I don't know if it's really very practical for people who aren't ACTUALLY 1920's miners...

Repair it and wear it again ? It is workwear after all and the more wear and repairs it has the better it looks imo 

• 5 months later...
10 hours ago, Ar_thor said:

Those are very nice - it would be interesting to know how long the pre-order will run for and if it's pre-order only?

@Iron Horse?

Hey @Ar_thor! The pre-order will run as long as I have stock, but we’re only making 100 total of these in 2 colors, so 50 per color over 5 sizes means we’ll be making 10 total per size/color. In other words, not that many per size! 

• 3 months later...

I’ve got 4 of these fantastic slub yarn undershirts in a size medium that I wanna pass on. All in perfect condition, they haven’t been worn for a while and haven’t had too many washes. They go for 50$ a pop, I am thinking about 30$ a shirt or 100 for the lot. One of them has a manufacturing defect in the collar (as pictured) but otherwise perfect. Might consider a trade for other shirts, long and shortsleeved.

located in Denmark

CA286089-5F34-437E-B2DD-FF59E96F2B30.jpeg

62651243-EA2D-4177-B361-72493ED5CD57.jpeg

FA1F2FEB-1E20-487A-846D-D02CBF4FBB3C.jpeg

Screenshot 2020-11-28 at 15.19.55.png

Edited by Facini