mikecch

• 3 weeks later...

really diggin this shirt but not sure on sizing. I’m 5’11” around 200lbs athleticish build. i usually run into issues in the arms and have to size up because of that. How are the arms on these? 

I have big arms and it suits me fine, it's the only chambray I have which actually has the correct sleeve length. I can rlcuff the the sleeves twice comfortably, a triple roll it's possible but becomes tight. Hope it helps.

I'll try and post a few pics once I've washed the shirt over the weekend. It's a great shirt, very happy with it.

34 minutes ago, volvo240thebest said:

I have big arms and it suits me fine, it's the only chambray I have which actually has the correct sleeve length. I can rlcuff the the sleeves twice comfortably, a triple roll it's possible but becomes tight. Hope it helps.

I'll try and post a few pics once I've washed the shirt over the weekend. It's a great shirt, very happy with it.

Hmm might be worth me trying. Love my buzz rickson chambray but I can only wear it with the sleeves rolled up otherwise there's abut three inches of forearm showing. 

2 hours ago, nycsurfer530 said:

Hmm might be worth me trying. Love my buzz rickson chambray but I can only wear it with the sleeves rolled up otherwise there's abut three inches of forearm showing. 

Apparently sleeves of the buzz are done that way on purpose, the reproduce the original cutting of usn chambrays. Same here I can only wear it with rolled sleeves. Not a big deal as I wear shirts with rolled sleeves 90% of the time though..

The Harvester ecru long-sleeve henley first sample has arrived B) The only thing we'll change with the final version is the tag, for something special. Otherwise, John Lofgren knocked it out of the park again and I'll have the finished versions of these, sizes S-XXL, in December. I've got a new blog post up about it and pre-orders are open too:

https://the-rite-stuff.com/blogs/news/the-rite-stuff-harvester-ecru-long-sleeve-henley-sample

S4iaELj.png

64FzC19.jpg

HWCnA9E.jpg

Fc29RHQ.jpg

GiZL0Nl.png

jHsuVDJ.jpg

Edited by Iron Horse

2 hours ago, propellerbeanie said:

Nice Henley. Shouldn't expect any noticeable shrinkage with a cold wash and line dry, right? 

They're one-wash so I'm not expecting any (same as the Heracles), but I'll give the henley a cold wash and line dry tomorrow and report how it does. B)

Would have jumped on the short sleeve (yep, Australia). Sizing doesn't really suit me. The XL would fit my shoulders and chest, but the straight shape of the body would be too billowy for tucking in. I guess this one is meant to be worn untucked, which isn't really my style.

I laughed at the sweat-smelling throwing out part of the original blog post.

FYI there are several things you can do to remove sweat smells from garments. I've found that the sweat smell staying in the garment usually happens when you use an antiperspirant deodorant which leaves residue in the fabric that traps bacteria causing it to smell. When you wash a garment that has bad sweat stains you really should let it soak in detergent for 24 hours. Liquid detergent is better, and if your local water is hard, you might need some washing soda (sodium carbonate) and/or borax to soften the water up, which will allow the detergent to work.

And yeah you can use things like mouthwash, dishwashing liquid, white vinegar, hydrogen peroxide and/or baking soda to treat sweat stains (depending on how/whether or not the garment is dyed)

Edited by Sensuki

Sensuki, yes it's meant to be worn untucked as a standalone shirt, or can be tucked as an undershirt. 

Yes, the sweat shirt...that thing was the Beast. I wish I could get it back to try these methods and save it, but alas I relegated it to the trash heap of history. :blush:

My next planned product is to make short-sleeved henleys, perhaps in both ecru and indigo-dyed, if the fabric orders are reasonable. B) I was thinking a pocket T, but I've personally been leaning more towards henleys these days.

Yeah I just measured a Loop & Weft and Jelado that I have with side seams. Both are 102cm at the chest. Oddly the hem is bigger on both with the Loop & Weft is 105 at the hem (baggy), the Jelado is 103 (decent fit).

If your large had a slightly wider shoulder, that would be the best fit on me.

Edited by Sensuki

An update on the wabash and hickory stripe scarves: I've lowered the price from $85 to $65.

The reason being, the factory screwed up and misunderstood our directions, and accidentally cut off the selvedge line on the wabash scarves. This is the first time something this egregious has happened to John Lofgren. I've decided to go ahead with these, because otherwise they would be a waste, and because to remake them would mean waiting until Jan. 2018 as we bought up the last of this fabric, so the mill would have to make more and then it would have to go into the queue with sewing.

If you're looking for a stocking stuffer for Christmas ^_^ :

https://the-rite-stuff.com/products/pre-order-for-nov-2017-the-rite-stuff-wabash-scarf

• 1 month later...

Got this two great stuff together and i got very pleased with the fit as i always had a problem with finding the right shirt as the width of my shoulder make it very difficult to find the right one, big ups for bryan for helping with the sizing.

Details on both of them are crazy (fit pic follow soon)

38564702655_074b77bd10_z.jpg

38564704925_aa44e6b9c5_z.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have a medium Hercules shirt thats a little to small for me. If anyone would like to trade for an L or XL let me know. Its also for sale. $100 shipped.

• 6 months later...
On 6/29/2017 at 3:20 AM, Foxy2 said:

finally managed to pick it up from the local post office...nice fabric, nice hardware, workmanship seems fine and measurements should work for me. will try it on later tonight and put it through the obligatory wash.

IMG_4543.JPG

IMG_4544.JPG

Are any of these left for sale?

thanks

• 4 weeks later...