mikecch

^ Hey @Foxy2, true, the shirt is fairly V-shaped and best suited to slim or athletically built men.

I'm not as athletically built as I used to be, and yes, on this shirt the waist is a little tighter than my usual shirts. Not uncomfortable to wear, but it does mean I either wear it unbuttoned, or I'll have to tuck it in. Sitting down does put some tension on the second last button, as you correctly guessed from the button hole shape in one of my previous photos.

Here's a quick front shot - I'm not holding my gut in, and you can see the waist has a little tension - keep in mind I have a T-shirt underneath the shirt, and I'm also wearing a very thick belt with a huge buckle, around the area of the bottom-most button:

5R1SdbL.jpg

Edit:

Regarding the collar height, I actually quite like it. IMO it's a modernized version of the spear-point collar.

I owned a few shirts from the 40s and 50s over the years, and one of the things I didn't like about them were the huge collars (too wide, too high or too long) that tended to look messy and creased after a couple of wears. I definitely don't like big collars with softer fabrics like chambray - the shape cannot be maintained.

This neater, more streamlined collar is more to my liking, but each to their own.

Edited by mikecch

^ Yeah, pretty much. You can do the old-school tuck with modern (lower rising) pants.

But with V-shape of the shirt, it does mean that guys who are overly ectomorphic (narrow shoulders, small chest) or endomorphic (large waist, big gut) won't fit into this shirt very well. No shirt fits everyone perfectly, I guess.

24 minutes ago, Cucoo said:

That aggressive taper really seems to be suited best for tucking in and probably makes for a really clean tucked look since there's no excessive fabric around the waist.

Yes, that's how I wear it. B) This was the sample shirt, so the cut is largely the same, but the sleeves were longer and the collar bigger.

screenshot4.jpg

screenshot3.jpg

screenshot2.jpg

Edited by Iron Horse

Great fit & look!

I certainly like the fabric, the buttons, the details and the overall workmanship quality. The current cut makes for a very flattering athletic silhouette and the collar shape makes it more contemporary/up-to-date at a very attractive price point.

(With an updated collar I would be tempeted to size better, or lose a pound or two, and actually wear it...)

• 3 weeks later...

Just a heads up to Canadians, it's taking at least 3-4 weeks for anything I send from here to reach people in Canada, apparently Canadian customs is taking a very long time to go through parcels from Asia:

http://calgary.ctvnews.ca/canada-post-reveals-it-is-the-reason-for-lengthy-parcel-delays-1.3447438

Better to order through our stockist in Canada, The Shop Vancouver, for the foreseeable future.

Edited by Iron Horse

5 hours ago, SLAB said:

Is the sizing of the chest width for a size small adjusted? I could have sworn it was 49-50 cm at first (which was too tight)

Hey Slab, yes, I had originally measured at the bottom of the scalloped yoke but the P2P measurements the factory went off were at the top of the yoke, so I adjusted the numbers to reflect that.  

Here's an image of what I mean with the chest measurement of my Small:

IMG_2461.JPG

On 28 juli 2017 at 3:17 AM, Iron Horse said:

Just a heads up to Canadians, it's taking at least 3-4 weeks for anything I send from here to reach people in Canada, apparently Canadian customs is taking a very long time to go through parcels from Asia:

http://calgary.ctvnews.ca/canada-post-reveals-it-is-the-reason-for-lengthy-parcel-delays-1.3447438

Better to order through our stockist in Canada, The Shop Vancouver, for the foreseeable future.

The same seems to be true for The Netherlands. My shirt is in customs hell since some three weeks at least. My tracking number doesn't work anymore...

20 hours ago, rocco said:

The same seems to be true for The Netherlands. My shirt is in customs hell since some three weeks at least. My tracking number doesn't work anymore...

Ugh, customs offices are killing me...I hope it clears soon. :/

Edit: I just received your shirt back today, returned to sender. Apparently somewhere in transit they threw the package around and ruined the label with the "To" address, leaving it illegible. I'll have it back out tomorrow!

Edited by Iron Horse

9 hours ago, Iron Horse said:

Ugh, customs offices are killing me...I hope it clears soon. :/

Edit: I just received your shirt back today, returned to sender. Apparently somewhere in transit they threw the package around and ruined the label with the "To" address, leaving it illegible. I'll have it back out tomorrow!

At least it didn't get lost. PM sent. Looking forward to this shirt!

Just a word of warning: I've decided to start a blog for the brand, you can find it here:

https://the-rite-stuff.com/blogs/news

I'll go into what I can about the process of making The Rite Stuff products, influences, and general thoughts and background into some of the choices made. It will be the world's most interesting, exciting blog, believe me!*

*Probably not, but I need to say that. Oh, and keep checking out Mike's blog. My photos definitely won't be as good as his! :ph34r:

Into these shirts , our homie Danny came by the garage the other day and shot these flicks. 

DSC03615.jpeg

DSC03592.jpeg

Edited by TJSchneider

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
47 minutes ago, Iron Horse said:

Thanks guys :) 

Yep, 50x165, not too long or too short IMO. The sample is actually 56 cm wide but we'll adjust that for the final product. I'm also looking at using a different logo for the tag. B)

That's a shame actually. I much prefer wider and longer scarves, though I'm sure it won't make much difference visually. YMMV.

22 hours ago, Sensuki said:

That's a shame actually. I much prefer wider and longer scarves, though I'm sure it won't make much difference visually. YMMV.

Yes, actually 55 cm was the original width I had in mind, but because of the dimensions of these two fabrics as they're milled, going above a 50cm width would result in half of the fabric roll being unusable for the scarves. So, it's a practical decision. :)

Edited by Iron Horse

• 3 weeks later...

Update: XL and XXL Heracles shirts are now done and will be arriving at John's office in Sendai this weekend!

In addition, the long-sleeve henley sample is coming soon after.

I've also got a new blog post up, though I warn you the pool goes into the philosophical deep end:

Edited by Iron Horse