Happy Jeans - Tcb 20s contest thread

December? is that a "best guess" or do you know something the rest of us don't?

...if that is the case, it certainly gives more than enough time to design/layout/print a t-shirt. heck, it may arrive sooner than the 20's*

*not a complaint, like the rabbit says, "patience is a virtue."!

Hey fellas, Jason here from Regiment. We're just waiting for the shipment from TCB to arrive and as soon as the jeans arrive, we will begin to ship the jeans out. Unfortunately, I do not have an exact ETA yet but as soon as we do, I'll update you guys. Thank you for your patience.

dear @Bobbo the contest hasn't started yet and you succeeded to make a volvo pic, things are promising considering that you haven't made me a single one in the last contest hahah. Wonderful 1976-1978 volvo 244 in what Volvo called mörkblå, beautiful color.

on a volvo related [off] topic... I'm broken hearted now while I say that I had to sell one of my volvos, my daily driver the 1993 245 Polar. I now drive an approx 30k to 35k kms per year and it is really too much for an old lady. The radiator and MAF (mass air filter) both broke together in the same day (what a day it was) while I was driving some musicians to the airport in Nice a month ago. Thank goodness I had one spare MAF in the car and I bought a stopwater in Nice, it was a funny journey back nonetheless..

last week I've finally bought the new car, guess what? It's a Volvo again, XC70, and funny enough Volvo calls this color "denim blue metallic". Hope it won't fade too fast... It took me a month to find one with a tidy service book and well maintained...

MSZirLx.jpg

It doesn't have 1/10 of the romance a 240 has, but I like it so far, super comfy...

I still have one 244 gl, I still think they're the best, so won't change my nickname!

Edited by volvo240thebest

^funny, we test drove one literally exactly like it (same color even) when my wife needed a new set of wheels.. she's on her third, although probably not nearly as "volvo-centric" as you. she eventually got a metallic silver XC90, super sweet ride.

congrats on your new denim :blink:

-apologies to all for being way, way OT-

Just curious: does this fabric weigh in around 12.5oz before or after a soak? With all the hullabaloo over Cone closing (justified hullabaloo, to be fair) and activity on the LVC thread I noticed that the LVC 1922s start around 9oz. 

While we're at it, what else do we know about the fabric? Was it designed as a repro of original Levi's in Inoue's collection? Pics of his pair on happyjeans.jb seems to suggest it marbles and crinkles that familiar tcb way. Anybody have experience with it already? 

[Sorry for all the questions, I'm just getting bored and antsy waiting for these things to start appearing at our doorsteps. I haven't had a new pair of jeans for over a year, and the suspense is killing me.] 

Edited by MileHighEvertonian

It's a 12.5 oz (pre wash) 8x8 denim,  USA Memphis cotton. So after wash it'll be a bit more heavy. I have the same denim in the 30s jacket and to me it feels lighter than what it is. It's a gorgeous fabric. I know that the original it's lighter, but didn't ask why.

it's a very soft denim.

Thanks, Volvo. I'm looking forward to this.

I wonder if the softness will lessen my inclination to wash them. I've got a fairly indifferent, semi-regular approach to washing, which has made for a pretty understated pair of 60s (neither heavy crinkling or puckering, nor especially contrast-heavy combs and whiskers). Should be fun to see if we get such wildly diverse wear/fades as the guys over in the ooe x s&s context.

yeah I concur on this, I'm wearing on a semi daily basis a similar pair (warehouse 1004xx, lightweight soft denim) and I wouldn't feel to wash them often too, the only reason could bring me to a regular wash regimen is if the jeans will stretch to the point of being too loose, but it shouldn't be the case with me as I've sized them true to size, didn't go a size up.

meanwhile the tcb parcel landed in Manila! hopefully in a couple days our jeans will be on their way to our adresses.

@nycsurfer530 I seem to remember you moved? If so please hook up with @jsn and make sure they have the updated address before they send out the jeans!

7 hours ago, volvo240thebest said:

yeah I concur on this, I'm wearing on a semi daily basis a similar pair (warehouse 1004xx, lightweight soft denim) and I wouldn't feel to wash them often too, the only reason could bring me to a regular wash regimen is if the jeans will stretch to the point of being too loose, but it shouldn't be the case with me as I've sized them true to size, didn't go a size up.

meanwhile the tcb parcel landed in Manila! hopefully in a couple days our jeans will be on their way to our adresses.

@nycsurfer530 I seem to remember you moved? If so please hook up with @jsn and make sure they have the updated address before they send out the jeans!

Yes I sent @jsn and @edmond an email yesterday with my new address. I have someone picking up mail for me at my old place right now so it isn't the end of the world but I would get them much quicker. 

42 minutes ago, bartlebyyphonics said:

press r to rev yr engines

RRRRRRR

IMG_3955.JPG

Excellent stuff Bartleby San. Czech army surplus? They do not seem to be the typical pale g[r]ay British ones. I think I need a fourth pair in army green too... Really enjoy the comfort of wearing jeans with suspenders as of late, especially when they're hidden by a vest.

5 hours ago, Foxy2 said:

could be my pair...

Things are rolling!

Ciao Kaj it's not your pair I think those are the extra pairs for the Manila boys, our pairs should have a contest number on the left. I saw pics of my pair and it had a #1 printed on the left.

14 hours ago, volvo240thebest said:

Excellent stuff Bartleby San. Czech army surplus? They do not seem to be the typical pale g[r]ay British ones. I think I need a fourth pair in army green too... Really enjoy the comfort of wearing jeans with suspenders as of late, especially when they're hidden by a vest.

cheers bro

light was a bit yellow

imma b[r]it gay all the way

Edited by bartlebyyphonics

• sufu1 changed the title to Happy Jeans - Tcb 20s contest thread