Happy Jeans - Tcb 20s contest thread

Admittedly, it took me quite a while before I finally agreed to get my pair with suspender buttons. As this contest gets closer to kicking off, I'm curious how folks are approaching a suspenders/braces purchase. I haven't the first idea of what to look for in terms of materials, style, brand, place of manufacture, etc. Any thoughts while we wait?

Got mine with the buttons but i wont wear any suspender with it, just dont want to leave one of the most important details out.

Out of nowhere but just realise that the jeans had a 10 SPI from the sample pic thats quite dense and i love it even more. 

the 20s will be my 2nd pair of 20's style jeans. I have already a pair of warehouse 1004 and I think I will only wear the suspenders for about 10 to 15% time of wear.
I'd suggest to get a cheap-ish pair of suspenders and then once you realize you're really into that style you can invest in a more expensive pair.

I bought a bulk lot of three pairs of Lee 101 suspenders on ebay for about 30 euros. They're great for me. Another choice is buy a pair of surplus military suspenders. RAF come into a pale grey color with natural leather fittings, if you look into czech army suspenders they come into a more attractive (to me) shade of army green with dark brons leather fittings. Anyway you could easily wear a belt over the suspenders, I even wear a thick Hubb leather over the buttons. It slightly uncomfortable only when not tucking in anything. If you tuck in an undershirt or shirt then it's barely noticeable.

20 hours ago, MileHighEvertonian said:

Admittedly, it took me quite a while before I finally agreed to get my pair with suspender buttons. As this contest gets closer to kicking off, I'm curious how folks are approaching a suspenders/braces purchase. I haven't the first idea of what to look for in terms of materials, style, brand, place of manufacture, etc. Any thoughts while we wait?

This fella does a good pair of suspenders... https://www.forholdingupthetrousers.com/.  Though they are a bit of an investment he'll make them sized to order so, if you're taller, your jeans don't end up too close to your armpits. COYB!

1 hour ago, jigsaw said:

stupid question here but

just wondering, are the jeans going to be send directly from inoue or they need to send them to regiment first?

regiment first

On 30.09.2017 at 3:24 AM, Iron Horse said:

I heard TCB has switched over to women's sizing, so if you're a w32 now you're a size 0.

only in Western Women's sizing...

• sufu1 changed the title to Happy Jeans - Tcb 20s contest thread