Happy Jeans - Tcb 20s contest thread

23 hours ago, volvo240thebest said:

In november I also took delivery of a new flute, it's somewhat of an holy grail because it's made by the best living flute maker doing these kind of instruments. the flute was ordered back in 2009, the maker never replied to me when I sent my order enquiry back then, two years ago his son emailed me to say that his father forgot to reply me but placed me on the infamous ten years waiting list.. so here's a pic of some very expensive firewoood for your perusal..

pndf6TV.jpg

Oh that's lovely, so happy for you!

I got my Fender Jazzmaster back after being on a waiting list for a year, but that one definitely wins. Who is the maker? Is it rosewood, if so can you tranport it internationally or will you have to smuggle it down your TCBs?

Edited by Paul T

Hya Paul! It's not rosewood, it's some beautifully grained cocuswood. It's a timber from the same family of blackwood, extremely hard to find as only a few years ago it was almost extinct. It's the same timber that the London makers of the early 19th century used for the original instruments this flute is based upon.

The maker is called Patrick Olwell, from USA.

Edited by volvo240thebest

3 hours ago, Bobbo said:

Pizza time!  

snNteLnl.jpg

This looks like a proper Naples style pizza, with the little black spots and the big cornicione.. maybe is closing down because they don't make pineapple pizza for the Scandinavian peasants?

On 1/20/2019 at 1:02 AM, Bobbo said:

Fantastic stuff mate. Love the flute story!

What's that tasty food you've taken a picture of?

On 1/20/2019 at 2:24 AM, volvo240thebest said:

They look like some sort of dumplings, I have no idea..

definitely German dumplings - Semmelknoedel, most likely.

oh man I will have to Dremel hard it seems!
your pair looks superb Paul, at the moment I hate to admit is a couple spans above mine and the other couple worn pairs around. I will try my best to trash my pair up to the Trynka standards. My last chance will be wearing them non stop during the Italian summer.