volvo240thebest

Happy Jeans - Tcb 20s contest thread

Still working on my outdoor denim photography skills, but here's how things look these days. 5c1049ec900aa_IMG_3345copy.thumb.jpg.47899ba3a69efe26800e2bf4312c33b4.jpg5c1049e2db7ea_IMG_3347copy.thumb.jpg.56967ced150d43091e5530550ecdb14b.jpg5c1049e728b0e_IMG_3346copy.thumb.jpg.32f722bb7b03049cfe167e0f3fcdcdf6.jpg

I'm not usually one for desecrating art, but I've been seriously considering amputating the suspenders buttons. Anybody have thoughts or recommendations on how best to do that or how bad of an idea that would be?

I saw a pair of these in the flesh today, adorning the lower half of a Sufu LEGEND! 

Edit: I’ve just realised that my use of capitalisation makes it look as though Donald Trump has hijacked my account but he hasn’t, HONEST.

Edited by Maynard Friedman

Why it’s you of course dear Bartles, I’ve been watching you very closely...

Mwahahahaha! etc

Merry christmas you lot! 

Here's a lil Volvo I found back home:

IeRBPkr.jpg

Some TCB close-ups.

SWgGe2g.jpg

jwF9xeu.jpg

And lastly a picture of the travelling troupe that I went to Tokyo with. Pic is taken right before we went to Kappabashi, the "kitchen town" in Tokyo. A very fun day packed with knives and coffee.

yuJQOrH.jpg

Just catching up on so many pages of updates. Thank you all for your contributions. I'm going to get back on the thread with some pics asap

My jeans are on their 5th wash rotation and are butter soft. Patch is still there but I can't make out any print.  Little fading to speak of.

ive had a shitty summer (bereavement, job loss, sight loss and then getting hammered by customs after buying a bumper package of TCB goodness!).

nb - I bought two tcb shirts (insane shrinking on the triple stitched shoulder seams and the buttonholes are 'loose' so I often have a button undone when I look down...)

the tcb60s I bought are wider legged than the 20s (which struck me as odd) - great jeans but I need to get used to the very low rise. I also bought a tshirt which doesn't fit (it's probably ideal for a 40 chest...). The bright light was the TCB boys jacket I bought for my son. It's a delight. Exceptional quality.

here's to 2019. 

and a yule-tide learning

repetitious weaving and knots with anni albers

for the fabrically and craftily oriented

patterned posting rather than vague pretences to patinated prowess today

01.png

001.png

IMG_4310.jpg

IMG_4315.jpg

IMG_4322.jpg

IMG_4332.jpg

IMG_4341.jpg

IMG_4351.jpg

IMG_4354.jpg

IMG_4368.jpg

IMG_4376.jpg

IMG_4395.jpg

IMG_4406.jpg

IMG_4383.jpg

IMG_4399.jpg

Edited by bartlebyyphonics

woah it's been a minute, good looking updates from all. My cellphone camera broke and i got really busy so i haven't been around in a while, hopefully i'll get something up soon

You all are killing it.  I'm happy to say I'm back in the 20's.  I had to deal with a known health situation in November and had an adrenal glad removed.  Healed up, lost a bit of bloat and the jeans finally fit again.  Still have a ways to go in terms of losing more weight, as I put on 25 pounds in mid 2017, but fuck it.  Progress.  Hopefully will be more active here moving forward

Welcome back gnomes and TGS from higher up the page.