Happy Jeans - Tcb 20s contest thread

Ok! Im in! with suspenderbuttons :) I´ve not decided size yet but I want them to end up a bit over 34" in waist after wash and stretch. I plan to wash and tumble dry them. So maybe a 34?

And Volvo, I promise you pics of vintage volvos! My girlfriends father is a volvo entusiast with a couple of older models like PV444 and PV544.

Edited by tigerstrom
bad english as usual

That's music to my ears! Look forward to see those old ladies..

The 34 will stretch to 34,5 I think, but the 33 won't stretch to 34, so I'd go with a 34 which inseam?

^ hey @Cucoo the 20s denim it's fairly new to me so I can't guarantee anything. I have it on the 30s jacket and that jacket stretched almost 1 cm P2P.

I tried to ask Inoue about the potential stretch of the fabric but his reply is not very helpful... and as a general rule of thumb he'd never suggest to anyone to size down, ever...

If I base my guesstimate on the other TCB fabrics I would say the jeans will shrink 0.5 under tag and then stretch 1 inch to 0.5 over tag, BIG style. With the 50s there is no chance to stretch them 1 inch, eg my size 36 will stretch max to 36,5 BIG style.

hence why I wouldn't suggest to size down. I don't have any pair of SDA jeans yet, but from what I see the SDA sizing is pretty similar to TCB, what size you are on SDA's?

I'm a 30 in my SDAs. I guess I just want to make sure that they don't stretch so much that the chinch can't handle it - since I plan to wear them mostly as my at-home jeans, where wearing a belt would add a bit of discomfort.

I'll go with size 30 and just wash if/whenever they stretch too much ;) Thanks!

On 6/19/2017 at 3:30 AM, volvo240thebest said:

Fit pic of the 20s provided by nifty do.

That rise looks just as high as I'd personally like it to be.

Screenshot_20170619-122709_1.jpg

This fit is getting me excited! Great to see what I assume is a 29 on a build similar to my own.

@Hendsch yeah the guys of Nifty do are quite good at showing well how TCB jeans fit. To be honest, as much as I love the tcb blog photos if the whole thing was handled by someone like them I'd say that TCB would be more popular, people outside Japan are ashamed by their typical fit pics wearing one size too big jeans worn low on the hips.

That sure is true. It was super hard to find accurate fits on my 60's (in small sizes) before I purchased them and honestly before I saw the Nifty post I was a bit on the fence with my full commitment to regularly wearing the 20's.

^ same here, that niftydo pic is basically everything I am going for with these jeans. I was concerned the rise was not going to be high enough, but the full pic with suspenders has sealed the deal, mark me down for a W33, with an 82cm inseam! 

Ciao everyone

updated the list. So we have 18 confirmed so far and two on the fence, plus others like Broark and a couple more who expressed an interest and haven't confirmed as of yet.

It hurts my denim heart (I almost feel like Ruedi saying this) to not have Paul T on board... @aho @frost should I consider you in? Do you need more time?

Ok

eating my big words about bigness

listening to sage advice on cinch-alone wear

have satisfied sartorial issues of high rise and mega waist with a pair of lvc 44s instead (they really don't shrink: a 36 really is a 38 in their current model)

so changing my tcb20s request to a smaller model: 

w.36  l.83cm post wash pls.

thank you!

Talked with Inoue the other day and I'll make a visit to Kojima at the start of the contest. I'll pick up my jeans while I'm there and hopefully we'll have time to hangout some more than we did last time around. Not that easy to decipher his replies, haha. 

hello everybody

we're getting closer to the deadline!

NEWS: payment will be done via paypal.

please everybody send me a PM with

your full name and surname, address, paypal email.

I'll put my massive excel file making skills at disposal of this contest hahah!

we should have a new contestant confirming to join any time soon, already confirmed via PM he should reveal himself here soon hopefully...drumroll.............................

Edited by volvo240thebest

^ ok changed

should anyone want a one wash pair please make it clear, otherwise it's going to be raw non wash for everyone!

Edited by volvo240thebest

• sufu1 changed the title to Happy Jeans - Tcb 20s contest thread