Happy Jeans - Tcb 20s contest thread

i honestly was expecting a farmers fit.  But this is a nice cut.  top block is relaxed, thigh moderately wide but not sloppy and a roughly 9" opening.  Really like it.  The denim is really soft from the get go a la Ooe OA denim but feels like FC 13.7 oz denim, so i suspect in a few months these will be like sweatpants.  

Was a bit surprised to notice my jeans shrunk 2 cm below my asked measurement from only one 40 degree wash. Did you guys get alot of shrinkage out from your second washes?

Thankfully I had a double cuff in mind so it's all safe and sound. The fit turned out really well.

in the machine now.

after hot soak shrunk [photobombing my own bleeding soak]

from raw waist of about 40(!) to tag size (38) - hoping for a little more, then working with cinch to get 37, anyway: blahblah

happy with the farmer fit for this one...

great fits volvo, nyc, cucoo and mandel

yesyesyes awaiting all others!

IMG_4136.JPG 

edit; out o machine 40 cycle

quik comparison to well worn 36 50s

and shite light wet fit

encouraging for the mega fit...

IMG_4145.JPG

IMG_4146.JPG

IMG_4142.JPG

Edited by bartlebyyphonics

1 hour ago, Bobbo said:

Was a bit surprised to notice my jeans shrunk 2 cm below my asked measurement from only one 40 degree wash. Did you guys get alot of shrinkage out from your second washes?

Thankfully I had a double cuff in mind so it's all safe and sound. The fit turned out really well.

Bobbo, I requested an 84 cm inseam post-wash. My pair went from 90cm to 84 after a hot soak/hang dry, then finished at 83.5cm after a subsequent hot machine wash and hot dry.

5 hours ago, garden gnomes in space said:

i honestly was expecting a farmers fit.  But this is a nice cut.  top block is relaxed, thigh moderately wide but not sloppy and a roughly 9" opening.  Really like it.  The denim is really soft from the get go a la Ooe OA denim but feels like FC 13.7 oz denim, so i suspect in a few months these will be like sweatpants.  

Yep, the tour pair was very sweatpantish ^_^ Great for warmer weather.

10 hours ago, volvo240thebest said:

I think they'll pass through Volvograd as well :D

looks possible - now it appears to be in favour of the Paris-Moscow train line (and, maybe, a detour to Volgograd)...

Capture.JPG

Edited by Foxy2

I wouldn't bet on Russia be the next stop-over...

...but it actually did! let's see how long it takes to get through customs and being delivered to the office?

Capture 2.JPG

(Sorry, no Volvograd, Volgograd or Stalingrad this time.)

Edited by Foxy2

one of my old volvo mates, who's a big 240 collector (13 different volvo 240!) calls his garage Volvograd. I didn't realize the name was wrong since you told me now and I googled it haha!

and then some post dryer pix in comparison to worn in sz 36 50s

shrunk down some more: with tiny amount of wear popped back to 38, with cinch fully squeezed = 36

then: some front rise comparison (certainly bigger than promised 29.5 cm), some roping embryonics compared to 50s, some fluff, a suspended fitpic, some possible footwear partnering...

a very light forgiving fabric

IMG_4151.JPG

IMG_4153.JPG

IMG_4154.JPG

IMG_4155.JPG

IMG_4156.JPG

IMG_4166.JPG

IMG_4167.JPG

IMG_4159.JPG

IMG_4160.JPG

maybe too early to say, BUT, just had a chat with Inoue... he said he had a request from a bunch of Japanese guys to make a new batch of contest jeans as they'd like to join us.
They'd likely post updates on IG, as there's a bit of a language barrier with many of them.
Anybody has anything against it? While Inoue is at it he could sneak in a few more pairs for overseas, that will be sold via Regiment Store of course. One week to make the jeans. I'm sure the Regiment Store guys will be sharp on shipping..Maybe they can make an agreement with Inoue to have the jeans shipped to the final destination directly from Japan.

Nothing's firm yet, but just saying in case anybody would be interested to have an extra pair made now, after you'll all seen how they look and fit on a westerner body frame.
If anyone's interested, let me know QUICK.

2 minutes ago, bartlebyyphonics said:

and then some post dryer pix in comparison to worn in sz 36 50s

shrunk down some more: with tiny amount of wear popped back to 38, with cinch fully squeezed = 36

then: some front rise comparison (certainly bigger than promised 29.5 cm), some roping embryonics compared to 50s, some fluff, a suspended fitpic, some possible footwear partnering...

a very light forgiving fabric

they look GREAT on you!

^^ this would help to fix some sizing issue for people who want to improve their game, provided funding isn't an issue for them (they can always try to sell/swap the old pair)...

Edited by Foxy2

Just now, jigsaw said:

Field report after second day of wearing = they stretch a LOT, never handle this aggressive stretch on a pair before. might soak them once more in even hotter water this time to make sure

yes: quite afraid of putting too much tension on the waist of these: definitely not as stiff as 50s [may need to shorten the cinch to compensate for the oncoming stretch: but to confirm: in my perversity I am seeking the saggy butt with these]

8 minutes ago, volvo240thebest said:

they look GREAT on you!

thnk u so much volvo-san! high praise! [we'll see when they stretch to the size of a hot air ballon; but what else are suspenders for, and larping in charlie chaplin style is always a possibility; need to go boil wash some jackets to make them too small now...]

and yes - I think that is great news about some japanese co-competing fellowship: the more the merrier re: competition! exciting to see the range of fits and styles of wear!

Been looking through Instagram and it's funny to see how Japan sizes them for farmer style compared to the Sufu crowd :D 

Today's fit. I was afraid these might be pants calling for bulkier shoes/boots, but turns out they work with everything I have. The MF Trooper boots are pretty sleek and I think they look great with the 20s.

They do stretch like crazy, and with the rise being a bit higher sizing down is viable, but I think going TTS is still the best option. They're not that wide and they don't look out of place in any setting I can think of. For slim jeans there's other cuts.

DSC_2669.thumb.JPG.af297b3dbd0d2134114cb92db438e4d4.JPG 

About more people joining in, the more the merrier, no? 

agent #19 checking in...

first off apologies for not posting sooner, inevitably when i get on show site i disappear from real life

i had hoped i could get away with wearing 'em today and snap some fit pics yet i was told it would be "show blacks" all week. doh! :huh:

in the meantime i can at least get online and see all of yours!

like @nycsurfer530 i've already got some nice rust on my buttons and like @bartlebyyphonics some great roping on the hem

detailed measurements (& a bit of background on my process with radical shrinking)

Raw:

W (flat) = 42" / W (inside) = 42" / Inseam = 40" / F. Rise = 13.25" (seam) 14" (fold) / R. Rise = 18" (seam) 17.5" (fold) / Thigh = 14.5" @ 2" / Knee = 11.5" @ 11" / Leg Opening = 10"

1hr Hot Soak + 30min Hot Dry:

W (flat) = 40" / W (inside) = 40.5" / Inseam = 38" / F. Rise = 12.5" (seam) 13.25" (fold) / R. Rise = 17.5" (seam) 17" (fold) / Thigh = 13.5" @ 2" / Knee = 11" @ 11" / Leg Opening = 9.5"

30min Warm Soak + 40min Hot Dry:

W (flat) = 39" / W (inside) = 39.5" / Inseam = 47" / F. Rise = 12.75" (seam) 13.5" (fold) / R. Rise = 17.5" (seam) 16.5" (fold) / Thigh = 13.5" @ 2" / Knee = 11.5" @ 11" / Leg Opening = 9.5"

originally i'd thought i would do a single cuff but the denim is so soft and the taper is enough that it needs a double, although i've managed to swing the fancy double with the hem peeking out of the top to show off the roping... although i may try to use some moisture + tension to stretch the cuffs so they're flatter... like most of you i'm surprised by the amount of stretch in the denim (even with approx. 5 -7 minutes of wear) somehow i managed to snag 2 pairs of second hand suspenders locally, they're from C.O.W.S. (the folks who did most of the vintage repros for "hell on wheels") and are a mid-weight duck with leather tabs... they seem to compliment the 20's pretty well (even if they're historically supposed to be from the 1860s)

@volvo240thebest i promise some fit pics over the weekend when i can wear whatever i please