Happy Jeans - Tcb 20s contest thread

I was just about to post something sad here, but then my phone rang. The contact info DHL had didn’t make any sense here, but luckily I’m the only person in Norway with my name and so the industrious delivery guy found me. Yay! 

And this is what usually happens whenever I put something on a surface to take a photo of it:13C423C9-9CB6-4D1E-B91F-36BF52085DF4.thumb.jpeg.231c11bcab87e22f2d8c535a41c829b9.jpeg

Indeed! My biggest wish is for my cat to become a TCB model. B)

A couple of initial thoughts: Excellent pre-soak fit!

I've been a bit worried about the rise being too low, but on my size 30 it measures a little over 12.5" or 32 cm now. I can't imagine that ending up (too) short after soaking/washing? We'll see! I'll take som pre-wash pics in daylight tomorrow and then go ahead and put them in the machine. 

@garden gnomes in space

unfortunately you asked a wee bit too late they're soaking now and didn't bother to measure. They'll finish roughly at the same front rise of the 50s, 30 cm.

36 minutes ago, Cucoo said:

Btw, am I just not seeing it, or is there no chainstitch runoff at the waistband? Not that it matters that much, I just went over the "feature list" again.

Damn I completely forgot about it, and Inoue too as it seems...

26 minutes ago, volvo240thebest said:

Hey! ^ not tremendously huge neither though. Just nuke them and wash often, suspenderize as much as possible and you'll be graaaandddd!

yupyup!

imma happyhappy

nuking to commence later in week with some wash n dryer action...

1 hour ago, Cucoo said:

Btw, am I just not seeing it, or is there no chainstitch runoff at the waistband? Not that it matters that much, I just went over the "feature list" again.

yes. sadness. one of my fave features of the 50s

32 minutes ago, volvo240thebest said:

Damn I completely forgot about it, and Inoue too as it seems...

A cool feature that would be nice to have but ultimately people will never see the chainstitch runoff there so I'm not bummed. 

1 hour ago, garden gnomes in space said:

Capt Haddock represent represent!

Volvo, I believe we got the same size (36).  Can you tell me pre wash front rise measurement?  Im mostly just curious at this point...

I've got you covered. I just got home and getting ready measure up my 36s pre-soak. I'll post full specs in a bit.

drying now, they shrank like crazy bastards... can't figure out why as the jacket with the same denim didn't seem to shrink that much. the inseam is going to measure as per my request....

Did you follow the same wash routine with your jacket? I blasted my jacket with a hot machine wash and hot tumble dry and definitely got a fair amount of shrinkage with a solid two inches in the sleeve. 

Edited by nycsurfer530

yeah same same, one piping hot soak + one 40° wash + spin in the washing machine. It's not big deal, they'll jest end up being a bit more slim than what I expected from the presoak, but deffo not too slim. tcb roping magic is happing already too...

3 minutes ago, aho said:

Jeans in hand! Will check in with official "contest start" post after work! Thanks to TCB, Volvo, and the Manila crew for the lightning fast shipping!

triumph! I really hope these won't be either too big, too small or too fucking something and that you can ride them till the end my friend! look forward to see you working out your dadfadez magic on these.

Not the most adept with the tailor's tape, but here's what I got pre-soak, size 36:

W: 48.5 cm/~19in

FR: 33 cm / 13in

BR: 45 / 17 3/4

TH (1 inch below crotch): 35 cm / 13 3/4in

Knee (12 inches below crotch): 27cm / 10 3/4in

Hem: 24 cm / 9 1/2in

Inseam (requested 84 cm post-shrink): 90 cm / 35 1/2in.

*Quick question: What's the best approach for picking the arcs? A seam ripper or small pointed scissors? Not sure I want to do it, actually, but I'd rather do it pre-soak if at all.

3 hours ago, mandel9000 said:

I was just about to post something sad here, but then my phone rang. The contact info DHL had didn’t make any sense here, but luckily I’m the only person in Norway with my name and so the industrious delivery guy found me. Yay! 

And this is what usually happens whenever I put something on a surface to take a photo of it:13C423C9-9CB6-4D1E-B91F-36BF52085DF4.thumb.jpeg.231c11bcab87e22f2d8c535a41c829b9.jpeg

haha your cat is awesome. Photobomber extraordinaire

• sufu1 changed the title to Happy Jeans - Tcb 20s contest thread