Happy Jeans - Tcb 20s contest thread

7 hours ago, nycsurfer530 said:

@Foxy2 how did you manage to keep your patch in such great shape?

I took it off (the initial pair) and kept it separate with the intention of sewing it back on (to the second pair, which I ordered w/o patch) one day...

Edited by Foxy2

^ lol!
and then ...

@Paul T asked where the pair now goes: answer at this end: into the vault (a suitcase in the bottom of a cupboard...) ... lots of wear left, but now a nice step in the line of 'first jean' / 1890 / 1915 / 201 / 1920s...

UDP0qCTh.jpg

plus a comparison of 50s and 20s fades for jollies... (whatever visual similarity is lost when felt in hand: 50s very solid, 20s very supple...)

OSHEmwdh.jpg

UfqZyMKh.jpg

20 hours ago, Maynard Friedman said:

Which (post-contest) jeans is everyone moving on to next?

I'm breaking in a pair of TFH 3005s but aside from that everything else has been sold. Oh and a pair of Blue Blanket IJJs that actually fit better with my "reduced profile".

hello everyone

I think it's time to close everything, Inoue is back at work and his team has time now to evaluate the jeans.
therefore we have only the final submission by

1. Kamei Senpai
2. Volvo
3. Yabyoshi
4. Uncle Karl
5. Mariano Vittori
6. Jigsaw
7. Nayuta
8. Milehigh Evertonian
9. NycSurfer
10. PaulT
11. Bobbo
12. Srudy
13. FreeCharlesManson
14. Cucoo
15. bartlebyyphonics
16. Inimitable N!
17. AgingProject
18. Foxy

I had another look at the final pages of this thread to make sure no one posted here but didn't post on the appropriate thread (what a mess!). Looks like only 18 people posted their final submissions.

On 10/13/2019 at 4:01 PM, Maynard Friedman said:

Which (post-contest) jeans is everyone moving on to next?

I've had this idea for a while of going back to some of those prized high-contrast fade denims and giving them the regular wash-n-wear vintage fade approach and see what transpires. With this in mind, my Momo 0901s are going to get some earnest attention finally. In the same spirit, I might throw some Eternal 884s into the rotation.

On 10/14/2019 at 5:01 AM, Maynard Friedman said:

Great group photo Bartles. Which (post-contest) jeans is everyone moving on to next?

For me is still kinda in the limbo, after committing for a few months with the same jeans, ive got disoriented to which pair to get unto next:mellow:

hello everyone!

Inoue asked me to proceed differently for the vote of the winners. He would like to pick the winners through a instagram vote. I have nothing against it but I thought, since it's different from what we agreed before, to ask you guys before giving him a confirmation. Hope this is fine for everyone.