Happy Jeans - Tcb 20s contest thread

4/4

and then...

reporting in for last seaside action and leisured photo-dump of the comp.

isle of wight [some weeks back also]

ventnor

weathered things & elementalism one last time: sun, water, beaten surfaces etc.

light abrasion attempted to make jawns far paler than they are...

59uInbdh.jpg

galm1aKh.jpg

gbwrnhBh.jpg

Atm1Hgvh.jpg

VNJyCodh.jpg

UvoxlA2h.jpg

O9KeUDBh.jpg

MiiiAjvh.jpg

opWzA91h.jpg

0bi84F2h.jpg

CtpyAOkh.jpg

bxmoBfch.jpg

5iWGoyeh.jpg

VlTMxbZh.jpg

oSYdsbuh.jpg

jRQdX7Eh.jpg

Edited by bartlebyyphonics

I kinda remember it's oct 30th but I may be wrong.

those russell mocs are excellent, must have a pair in my next life.

I regret having hemmed the 20s too short. they look tremendous with the mega cuff Bartleby San....

thanks dear sir!

the Mocs are pretty hardcore for wearing; super thick leather, really resistant form of suede and good soles; like the clark wallabee on steroids... have been looking at yuketen for long time, rm seem way more brutal yet more constructed...

in terms of dates, I remember this post [below] from earlier in the year... I could go to end of month but feel that the time of thread closure is coming...

On 2/7/2019 at 11:28 AM, volvo240thebest said:

Ed surfaces in planet earth! Contest will end in October, let's say October 1st?

We still have to choose whether there will be a jury (tcb staff? Tcb and signet staff?) like on tcb 50s contest or just make a poll thread. Opinions? Thoughts?

my thoughts were that jury of tcb & signet staff would be good to honour both sufu and IG contestants

(& following tcb IG getting pretty good indication of the pairs he is following... with good reason)

Edited by bartlebyyphonics

Sound! I will try and reach both signet and tcb in the next couple days and set up a panel of judges. I would much prefer to ask to everyone a  final post with up to ten pics here on sufu.

Will try to do that as well.

hope everyone is fine with this idea.

Sadly only crap pics from the Indigofera party when Titiyo and Isreal Nash was playing. Sure there will pop up some better ones, at least on Denimhunters. Thomas was taking a lot of pictures.

rfkUWTIl.jpg

f5L0Jlcl.jpg

Bonus vintage Volvo pics

NHTwhqjl.jpg

sUcRTSgl.jpg

Edited by Bobbo

x post from final submission thread.

10 minutes ago, volvo240thebest said:

Final submission by yours truly! I am sorry I haven't been able to wear these jeans as much as I want, mostly because of a massive weight loss that made the fit look different from what I was after..

Anyhoo, I love them and will keep wearing them too, of course.

Front view

_DSC5334-1.thumb.jpg.be0d20d905bf2a0aeb4b52672eca1c8e.jpg_DSC5357.thumb.jpg.c3ecbc4b5091ebfa21c075eb51576c17.jpg_DSC5360.thumb.jpg.c607b62bd74a7151be9946fff9eb9dc5.jpg_DSC5338.thumb.jpg.27a26718825f1e4bf8f1ad95b89df0b8.jpg

Peasant sashiko repairs plus the amazing texture of denim, love the vertical falling on this.

_DSC5341-1.thumb.jpg.0ca6134a97a6f44b27b070fd24f2cbca.jpg

Legendary Tcb roping, de rigeur

_DSC5343.thumb.jpg.54072110ad22dfe8a55a7011362f5d35.jpg

More 5 yrs old repairs

_DSC5353.thumb.jpg.1e4f06c6acd2071c60880a4070839879.jpg

Choof Choof

_DSC5342.thumb.jpg.698938af8332ccfbeac9d903ded17738.jpg

Love the plain selvedge

_DSC5359.thumb.jpg.4da530d58b8de0c276ef952ea314af07.jpg

Damn, it's over.

Been enjoying my 20s very much although I still would've loved a bit more length - I've never really gotten used to the single cuff. It's always strange to wear heavier denim after these. Been wearing them most of the time besides a few 1-2 month stints in various LVCs. 304 wear days by now and 19 washes I think?

I'll take some pictures for the pic thread soon, and I'll try to post some in here as "what the jeans have been up to" :)

1 hour ago, Cucoo said:

304 wear days by now and 19 washes I think?

how German of you!
Agree on length. my pair is too short too, I think a big double cuff looks much better on these.

#019 breaking radio silence...

promises, promises... getting "it" in gear so'z I can provide photographic evidence.

Although, like @volvo240thebest I lost a significant amount of weight (70 lbs) taking me from a comfortable 40" waist to a 33" waist and making for a much baggier fit than expected. I literally have the cinch as tight as it can possibly go and still need suspenders to keep 'em up, so I don't wear them as much as expected but they have certainly transformed.

I'll admit it's got me eyeballing the TCB 50s... a LOT!

Just waiting for some goddam sun. But Lady T's expertise in repair has reached new heights. Usually we split the outside seam for a better knee repair, but as these are a bit wide managed to avoid that - and still got the patch flat. No time to darn the other numerous small holes I reckon.

TCBrepairs.jpg