Happy Jeans - Tcb 20s contest thread

@volvo240thebest we seem to be going in opposite directions. My sz 29 contest jeans are definitely tight in my waist. I recently bought a pair of Stevenson’s La Jolla size 32. Totally different fit and I’m digging it- I also love the details of the Stevenson’s. 

On 3/25/2019 at 6:17 AM, beautiful_FrEaK said:

Interested in some CSF WW2 jeans? ;)

What size do you have?

^ one day at a time...

at this point i don't need a small army to pull them off, but during the breaking-in process, a teeny-weeny crack in the leather appeared in the vamp, I believe from accumulated pressure of instep of foot winning over instep of boot - not at a bending point so can't think what else it would be

[boot too small, you say... perhaps, went with the 'size down half for 2268 redwing' advice proffered both online and instore, and they pretty damn comfy now but def. won't fly off when I throw my dramatic highsteps]

was going to leave the boot without too much love, the odd bit of dubbin if needed, but now mink oil has been sought, bought, applied, prayers offered to the boot-leather-gods...

[was aiming not to be precious about them - got them to see what engineer boots are like [and enjoying the style greatly, esp. the aggro heel and the bulbous toe of that model] and also to see what it is like to have a boot that really doesn't need babying and bears more abuse than my usual english cuntry style - and here I am offering cuddles and night-time soakings...]

Edited by bartlebyyphonics

Weekend vibes! Here's a bombardment of booze and a bunch of scores.

For about a week now GBG beerweek has been running here, basically loads of beer related events. Sadly I wrecked my budget last weekend, but we'll get to that in a minute. First I'd like to salute my favorite Swedish brewery that specializes in sour beers - Fermenterarna. The only event I went to this week was when they were in town. Definitely worth checking out if you can get ahold of it. I know https://glasbanken.se/ stocks some, though not sure if they ship anywhere else than the nordic countries.

wADnzoQl.jpg

fUMjpFLl.jpg

While talking about booze me and a friend kicked off a New England IPA two weeks ago. Looking yummie so far. 

99oqEFml.jpg

And I tried some proper cider for probably the first time not too long ago. Expected it to be much better than the cheap shit that's usually about, but this was very tasty.

hHIGnbMl.jpg

Last weekend my good friends at https://goteborgmanufaktur.se/ was hosting a pop-up for a guy selling parts of his vintage collection and some nice stuff from Mister Freedom, Real McCoys, old Warehouse and White's. Apparently we had the same shoe size so I snagged a barely used pair of White's for a steal.

VtrExU0l.jpg

Also picked up a pretty tattered Lee 81LJ from the 60's and an almost NOS Filson jacket from the 30's. It was not a healthy experience, haha.

Vr5jRNIl.jpg

nGgpg6ol.jpg 

This has probably been covered before, but how's the sizing on the '50s jeans? I take a 33 in Sugar Cane and Roy, for reference, and have pretty meaty thighs. Not sure whether I'd be better off with a 32 or a 33.

Thanks Martin, but I've actually already seen the measurements as posted posted over on Denimbro—based on yours and the listings on TCB's site, it could go either way, so at this point I'm more looking for anecdotes and for thoughts on stretch, shrink, *etc.*

If I'm honest, your bump to the sale thread was the main catalyst for me asking : )

My pair in size 34 raw i recently got measured close to what Maynard has listed @julian-wolf

Shrunk a fair amount, but feels like they stretched a decent amount. I didn't record measurements for this pair like i normally do after a hot hand wash. I imagine there is some shrink left but I'm not going to worry about it with this pair. 

Edit: I have a 33 in the Sugar Cane Hawaii, and a 34 in the 1947. Tcb 50s are much slimmer in the top block than the 1947s, and fit similarly to my Hawaiis, maybe a touch slimmer but not by much. 

Edited by SmokeStackLightning