Happy Jeans - Tcb 20s contest thread

Thanks mate!

It's the Hummingbird jacket from Trophy Clothing in horse leather that I got in Tokyo a few months back. Really nice one and worth a look. I'll see if I can get some decent pictures up some day.

Edit: Boots are a pair of Lone Wolf engineers.

Edited by Bobbo

6 minutes ago, beautiful_FrEaK said:

No this is correct and also something TCB (and other brands) replicated for the 1920 models. I think Denime even had this on their 1937 model

Yea, my export model Warehouse Lot 700 have it as well, it actually looks like a Chambray type material on them. I guess I referring more to this pair specifically, as in "do my eyes deceive me" type of thing, it's hard to tell from photo's sometimes.

On 5/18/2018 at 11:42 AM, bartlebyyphonics said:

and then another thing

found this on 'another forum' thought to share...

a levi's pair from 1922-26/7 

a detail: lighter weight loops...

N2dIw6j.jpg

imma enjoying the self-quoting

back from page 73 of the thread...

yesyesyes lighter loops period specific confirmed

and oh yes @aho - fades update most most welcome!

humanties loss, STEM's gain...

good luck with it sir! 

[my daughter just graduated from a physics degree, apparently core jobs in the area are nuclear industries and writing code for financial services to shave nano-seconds off trading... at least to make sure to remind them of Iggy!!!!!!!!!]

plus: quite the rocking fades there!

Edited by bartlebyyphonics

On 3/5/2019 at 2:22 PM, bartlebyyphonics said:

apparently core jobs in the area are nuclear industries and writing code for financial services to shave nano-seconds off trading

Actually, this isn't so much the case anymore! With the rise of "quantum computing" as a hip buzzword, industrial job opportunities in quantum engineering, quantum information science, and related fields are popping up all over the place: big companies like Google, IBM, and Microsoft have all started up major research departments, and a fair number of smaller startups are jumping in alongside as well.

Whereas even just five or ten years ago the default paths, academia aside, seem to have been programming / data science or engineering, it's becoming increasingly common for folks to finish their degrees and leave academia only to continue doing fairly similar physics to what they've just spent half a decade researching for their theses. This depends a lot on subfield, of course—I get the feeling that data science and quantitative finance are still common paths for the high energy / particle physics crowd, for instance—but overall it's a very exciting time to be a physicist making career choices.

Paul—good luck with the change of scenery! I can trace back most of the last handful of years of my life to an outstanding high school physics teacher who showed me for the first time just how fun it can all be, and I imagine you'll find yourself at the other end of all that soon enough.

4 hours ago, julian-wolf said:

I get the feeling that data science and quantitative finance are still common paths for the high energy crowd 

This doesn’t sound like the Hi NRG crowd I once knew....

Youre right though julian, I think Paul will find that being a physics teacher is the second most fun thing you can do with your jeans off!