Happy Jeans - Tcb 20s contest thread

Thanks volvo, I’ll wait for you to receive your shirt and post the measurements before I take the plunge.

Like you and Foxman, I’d prefer a bigger/longer collar but apart from that it looks splendid.

On 11/9/2018 at 3:14 AM, aho said:
Patch is holding on for dear life...Given it's multiple trips through the washer/dryer across two pairs now, I can't say I'm surprised but it's really lending toward a true vintage look that I like. 

Marbling on the other hand is a bit too "3D", but reflective of actual lifestyle choices so I won't complain or call out as unauthentic. That said, we should all start sanding our jeans now that Uncle Karl is back in the fray :D

Another winner pair, love seeing all this great pairs.

i will not sand mine too, frankly speaking im not here to compete for the grand prize rather than just to compare our daily routine that reflect on the jeans and so far i am satisfied!! what a joy :) to see all this greats

no major updates from my last pics (2 days ago!) but I've just inherited a "new" old lot of swanky manual focus lenses (Prakticar Pentacon) and I've been playing around...

dzYfQ0Yh.jpg

j4dY2vch.jpg

spend the weekend on the countryside...

took the overnight train to get us 800km away from Moscow - breakfast on the train after a good night's sleep.

5623EC66-7997-4C6C-8B46-5F51DC8A1B6B_zps
4069517F-6305-4EAB-B7C7-1146681EC296_zps
AC31BA98-C0ED-4009-86F8-5435B852C3A5_zps

arriving...

3FB3728C-C92E-40DF-AEB4-221DC3295056_zps
4330A5E6-F3CE-47D9-8F54-085B2675A6C3_zps
25D84F4C-F9E5-4617-A5A3-9492A10B1D71_zps

had to drive for another hour by car to get to the gorgeous hinterlands of Russia!

3A7F8745-6C15-4FB1-A0EE-BC6807806ED6_zps
76F0F744-CC55-4439-A3BC-756F2291BB5D_zps

Edited by Foxy2

On 9/21/2018 at 4:15 PM, bartlebyyphonics said:

^ top dollar!

esp. the old church: esplendido

Thanks! Top dollars indeed, as it was a weekend with too much food, vodka & hospitality.

On 9/21/2018 at 5:34 PM, nycsurfer530 said:

@Foxy2 nice to see you’re drinking Onyx coffee! I’m flying down to LA this weekend and will visit two of my favorite coffee roasters, Klatch Roasting and Groundwork Coffee

Good eye! Favorite roaster at the moment - actually, there is a roaster who gets beans from them flown in just to roast them locally here in Moscow. Mostly for competitions, though - but this is how I was made aware of them. Seems like Moscow is developing some kind of coffee culture as of lately...

Will have to look up those roasters as well and see.

Mini Update i discovered some of the stitches wore away on my crotch. so i decided to stitch it up 

TgVC5D4.jpg

ZkXssor.jpg

gfV2edi.jpg

iegm5kR.jpg

After stitching it up i realized the placement of  a circle around my bottom may have been a poor choice but thankfully it's not visible :D

749NADm.jpg

Dc4OqAz.jpg

17 hours ago, Inimitable N! said:

@Foxy2 sincerely loving being able to live vicariously through your updates... Cheers!

many thanks - I'm glad all the eating and drinking isn't completely in vain...

1 hour ago, Uncle Karl said:

@Foxy2 A wonderful journey

many thanks - we hope to see some more of your pair in action!

Edited by Foxy2

Trolls in the woods and fika, it can't be any more swedish than this ; )

Have no denim pics of the weekend because all I've done the we is this

BmDkI2Mh.jpg

After a summer of exceptional daily beer drinking performances I had to start a diet. I'm 94 kilos, and damn close to out weight the 20s.

I even started running and discovered that quite incredibly I seem to really enjoy it.. I do it it for the denim. I may start running wearing jeans, for the fades haha!

On 9/24/2018 at 9:44 PM, volvo240thebest said:

After a summer of exceptional daily beer drinking performances I had to start a diet. I'm 94 kilos, and damn close to out weight the 20s.

I even started running and discovered that quite incredibly I seem to really enjoy it.. I do it it for the denim. I may start running wearing jeans, for the fades haha!

lazy summer is a bitch for sure. gained 1.5" in my belly during summer and tcbs don't fit. also started some diet/sports but still almost 1" to go.

On 9/26/2018 at 11:33 AM, Maynard Friedman said:

Isn't summer the time for building up those leg muscles by kicking sand into the faces of the wimps on the beach? :P

yup... but you gotta live near the beach and if you do (lie me) it's still a bit too warm to be wearin' jawns while kicking sand around

Sorry for not dropping in recently. RUn out of disk space on my Macbook, and I've forgotten my SuFU password for the desktop. yes I'm an incredibly efficient person.

We had a lovely summer break in Rome... where I wore my 44 cutoffs (and dreadful cheap sandals, yet another year of not finding decent ones). A few interesting places here and there which I'll try and load later. But just in case Volvo was worried my jeans are looking terrifically worn I thought I'd show them that they're not. It's probably a good time to wash them again but I'm a bit reluctant as I like them darker and crispier.

Still working here and there trying to get some interesting projects going; apart from re-learning German via Duolingo, I've also rebooted my pizza technique. On a mission to get them, too, a bit crispier and more Romana, experimenting with various Tipo 0 and 00.

crotchety.jpg

pizza.jpg

Edited by Paul T