Happy Jeans - Tcb 20s contest thread

the great british seaside

meets the edge-lands of the thames estuary

tcb20s x leigh-on-sea x bank-holiday vibes

cockles, mussels, mudflats, aged fishermen’s family garments, patinated netmakers with their cats

hairy trousers

IMG_8753.JPG

IMG_8759.JPG

IMG_8777.JPG

IMG_8797.JPG

IMG_8811.JPG

IMG_8843.JPG

IMG_8898.JPG

IMG_8919.JPG

IMG_8921.JPG

IMG_9080.JPG

Edited by bartlebyyphonics

On 2018-05-08 at 9:15 AM, bartlebyyphonics said:

^ woof!

viva-tux life in the spring-time!

more on the jacket pls... (approx. how long worn?)

I got it about one year ago and have worn it off and on. It definitely fades faster than my Sugar Cane and Denime jackets.

some update..wear tcbs 1 of 2/3 days, I think will wear now more as weather is now more suitable for them

spent dozen of days in Tel Aviv on vacation, beautiful place while there it's not that hot (wore mostly shorts)

0qBLFZE.jpg?1

jNovu8D.jpg

RCnqcOA.jpg

ADDNPEM.jpg

for the last several days it's pretty much warm here so decided take a walk to work and make some photos of what I see around everyday (mostly rivers and old buildings)

forthcoming couple of months will be the time when city look pretty good (dirty and dusty as fuck, but nonetheless good)

qTBMTqN.jpg

HSJ1eWV.jpg

GEpfwFO.jpg

7NJjQIZ.jpg

NW762Lw.jpg

kWi4sDT.jpg

obligatory dirty window selfie

QvliIcd.jpg

PrRuZC1.jpg

OHQWvg8.jpg

VfJzCi8.jpg

and you can't pass by McD without buying some mcflurry

srgGXYR.jpg

@dau what city is that?

@Bobbo Found out some more details regarding my Swedish great great grandparents.  Please excuse the spelling if incorrect.  One was born is Vastra Furtan.  Another was from some island designated for the king of Sweden called Kroksta Island??  I cannot find this so I assume its a spelling error but her dad was a game warden there or something.  

Oh, and your last name convention in Sweden is fucking confusing haha

spent my sat morning cleaning and taking out garbage from the basement of my house. I loaded and drove my volvo super full 4 times to the rubbish dump. then I had to wash the jeans because they were dirty and stained my some oil gunk...  I'm about to start major works in the basement, it should become my new office.

still drying now.

before washing, greetings from volvo-hood

11Rv5eVh.jpg

and greetings from the frigde of casa volvo, pleasantly loaded with my favourite beer. a solid peasant lager from Sardinia, Ichnusa. The wife is responsible for the vegan crap on the right. My brand loyalty to Ichnusa is perhaps second only to my brand loyalty to Tcb, haha! 

4rXMIA9h.jpg

post wash pics, plus a coupple extras. not much to be seen denim wise. I have the feeling that the older pair faded quicker. Anyhoo there's no need to be impatient...

4gPKwtqh.jpg

lOaICo3h.jpg

xrj7sJ3h.jpg

tsRRF60h.jpg

7epQO6kh.jpg

YupBSYmh.jpg

HGYfI3Ch.jpg

V4c0z4Mh.jpg

8vo5sPxh.jpg

Edited by volvo240thebest

So what's everyone up to? Here's a couple of shots from the last 2 weeks or so.

My good friends at http://goteborgmanufaktur.se/ recently moved to a new location. They also got this new t-shirt made on the Swedish west coast which I like very much. Also ended up with an indigo tee from Warehouse during the opening party. 

dK8skcQl.jpg

PnWKAN4l.jpg

Been to a couple of live shows. Songs of Boda was one of them.

CH20xool.jpg

I've been swimming, drinking tasty cortados at Viktors kaffe and tried roasting coffee (with at least decent success) in the oven.

79rVeEzl.jpg

KoNqVFNl.jpg

zULvF7Ml.jpg

84fKHHzl.jpg

A friend made us some vegan ramen for dinner yesterday.

Pmc7Bmbl.jpg

And lots of walking in the sunshine.

cgBxs41l.jpg

HGBfBPRl.jpg

^ looks tasty; coffee looks good, picnic looks splendid

over 9000 yasssss

agreeing; sure seems quiet round here: guessing combo of rep-less tech and fact that fades will only be repetitions of what has already occurred is holding us all back...

as an early receiver of new pair, i am 2 months into wear but had 3 months wear on previous... so still at least 2 months for many (those who received in april) before new fade territory is achieved?

but yes, as bobbo sez: what's everyone up to?

hello and + reps/yaaassss/whatevers to Bobbo to keep the ball rolling/keep the pan frying....

I've been abroad for a short tour in Germany. I have not many pics of venues. First gig was actually two gigs paid for one, two sound checks in two different venues, no one driving us around, 20 mins time for a dinner, shit hotel, the full deal haha! First time we've been threated this way in Germany in many years. Let's say it spoiled the fun of taking pics. Second gig was great but it was a matinée after gig one, wake up extremely cranky and tired at 5am etc etc. no camera action.

I do have this two pics to share.

ITA/CH border, we always take a pic. We expected a triumph, we found jester slavery!

YX1DBuFh.jpg

number two, thanks Germany for cheap tasteless cold lager

z2ixF4Vh.jpg

as for the jeans, the fucking bastards do not fade as quick as contest pair #1. they're almost ready for a second wash though. will post denim pics soon.
my 30s jacket is fading great though... jacket pics soon too...

Edited by volvo240thebest

Here’s what I’ve been up to. I flew to Martha’s Vineyard for a little vacation away from the Bay Area to enjoy some time at the beach. Once I returned I visited my favorite Bay Area brewery, Fieldwork Brewing, which is know for their hazy ipa’s. I also went out for some ramen which was a clam ramen- not sure how authentic clam ramen is but it is delicious and full of umami nonetheless. Finally a photo from hiking around the Bernal Heights area of SF. 

FF17DA57-5248-4E38-9902-16A736598C22.jpeg

AFAB97DE-8D07-4AA1-92FD-1DB767BADA7C.jpeg

D4DF3D7A-873F-468B-A507-61B476F9DD4F.jpeg

FE01EE8E-D166-484D-84DB-6437D7DC7C2E.jpeg

2C9A3939-C18F-4E95-A93C-941129837055.jpeg

DEE36820-1383-4F2F-A502-62ED27A7916D.jpeg

0002909E-4DEB-40F2-8398-40F4C5930958.jpeg

88DCEF9F-6E94-4FD4-A79F-2B07EF163C62.jpeg

E0ECD5C0-A355-4B24-8F34-D095E2215409.jpeg