Happy Jeans - Tcb 20s contest thread

Visited friends in Stockholm over the weekend and had a very good time.

Here's one for the Volvo lovers out there:

Do184kfl.jpg

For lunch on Saturday I tried bao for the first time at Barobao on Södermalm. This was definitely not the last time, yum!

PR7ZpbVl.jpg

After lunch we went for a walk over to Johan & Nyström. Always liked their cardamon buns and the coffee is decent. Later on during the weekend I heard that Espresso House, the biggest chain of coffee shops in the Nordic region, had bought Johan & Nyström. Not very optimistic about how it will turn out.

XDMqlwgl.jpg

The Södermalm hike continued after that to Second Sunrise, formerly known as Unionville. Always great to have a chat with Douglas and Kerstin. Douglas had gotten a pair of unused (just one initial wash) vintage Levi's 505s from the 1960's. The man he bought them from had gotten two pairs back in the 70's, worn one to bits but never got around to wearing this second pair. Anyway, I left the store with a nice looking patch that will end up on one of my denim jackets and a beautiful bangle from Larry Smith.

o0blDEBl.jpg

1xTd5SMl.jpg

We had dinner over at Ai ramen. Sadly they didn't have a dish with pork broth. It wasn't half bad, the pork was very good, but boy do I miss Japanese ramen...

g15zi48l.jpg

4 hours ago, bartlebyyphonics said:

Tg7WIVdh.jpg

I see you're enjoying tremendously your 5 days of British summer!

My pair is drying at the mo. they stretched to the point of being too loose and especially too high in the front rise, time for the first machine wash...

took some pics of the jeans over the long weekend...

55116FFF-D111-47B4-AE7B-6CCD2444FDB1_zps
C9E87C03-9C34-48E8-9C53-3F7E5BBAE0BD_zps
4102DF39-B2D0-4505-B806-3D61119011FF_zps
0063088D-6CFD-45F6-BA54-96AEF502DAAF_zps

coming along nice - just like the previous version.

AC9F4EDC-FA1E-463A-9D8E-3040EF93D332_zps

still need to put the leather patch back on, though!

B25566F4-1D29-41A0-B39C-4BE8954ED84F_zps
66F25393-D7F8-484B-86B2-87314CFDAE44_zps
D635803E-B9F6-484D-9D32-163B81C963E0_zps

and here's the 1930 jacket, since it's slowly becoming part of a uniform...

445E2BB7-640C-4428-8E95-8828712A578A_zps
6F574559-88B4-439E-B88B-35BD35DA5DD8_zps
1FF12217-4CD7-49A3-B246-9D9E5A5E275D_zps
763BF7C0-8EAF-4FAE-A21F-2A7A0B9200E3_zps

gotta love the patch!

E8D619F7-1F15-4514-9C9F-0492131AC112_zps

speaking of sewing patches back on, I was thinking of puttin' this one on to the jacket at one point:

B4B230BF-72B7-440C-8827-B20F35559181_zps

Edited by Foxy2

love that patch!

I've washed for the first time the jeans. the inseam shrank quite a lot, funny enough I've lined these jeans along some other pairs, it's significantly shorter but still doesn't look so when worn, even if I hate sagging and I always wear them as high as they're meant to sit.

And great to see the tux action, so we have Foxy, NYCSurfer, Bobbo and myself sporting the 20/30 tux? My jacket is fading super nice despite I'm not wearing it as hard as I did with the 50s a few years ago (I have too much jackets now to just wear one!). Anyway fades are happening eventually, and I plan to wear it as much as possible til early june. I will then give it the first proper machine wash. The usual crazy combs are already in there, although not much visible in this pic:

SwuT6tOh.jpg 

Edited by volvo240thebest

Announcement  regarding product, part number TCB20’s CONTEST JEANS/TCBjeans50’s Bespoke stiching TCB Co.,Ltd.has been sold by our company from the end of 2017 through the japanese domestic and the inter nationalmarket, we knowing full design as the design of the product sold for many years, manufacturing goods very similar or almost same to FULLCOUNT CO,.LTD. and would like to apologize for the fact that we infringing on the trademark registration No.5919610 ownedby FULLCOUNT co,.ltd Wewould like to apologize for this inconvenience caused to customers of TCB co,.ltd and FULLCOUNT CO,.LTD.

We are pleased to inform you that we havecanceled the sale of the target product mentioned above..for customers who purchased, we will refund the price after collection the goods. in future, we will pay attention so that there will not be such a thing again,we sill strive to further strengthen the management  system

5/3/2018

Hajime Inoue

Representive Director, TCB Corporation

13 hours ago, TCBINOUE said:

Announcement  regarding product, part number TCB20’s CONTEST JEANS/TCBjeans50’s Bespoke stiching TCB Co.,Ltd.has been sold by our company from the end of 2017 through the japanese domestic and the inter nationalmarket, we knowing full design as the design of the product sold for many years, manufacturing goods very similar or almost same to FULLCOUNT CO,.LTD. and would like to apologize for the fact that we infringing on the trademark registration No.5919610 ownedby FULLCOUNT co,.ltd Wewould like to apologize for this inconvenience caused to customers of TCB co,.ltd and FULLCOUNT CO,.LTD.

We are pleased to inform you that we havecanceled the sale of the target product mentioned above..for customers who purchased, we will refund the price after collection the goods. in future, we will pay attention so that there will not be such a thing again,we sill strive to further strengthen the management  system

5/3/2018

Hajime Inoue

Representive Director, TCB Corporation

all is good inoue

22 hours ago, UkeNo said:

Just copy the Instagram link (in the app) and paste it here, wait a few seconds and it'll imbed automatically. 

thanks for the help. 

@UkeNo - in the thread above: volvo, with magisterial aplomb, laughs at my ostentatiously foolish spring-time sandal-wearing as an elegant counter-detournement of my off-topic image-tourettes update... 

On 30 April 2018 at 1:43 PM, volvo240thebest said:

I see you're enjoying tremendously your 5 days of British summer!

the mad '5 days of summer' spring heatwave is then followed by a shitsville of rain [including the day of my open-toed hubris]

>excuse for more monochrome abstractions...<

it may be spring now but /british_summer/ remains an ironic eternal even if not an immediate present...

>sits typing in sandals and loose frictionless unfading tcb20s<

I have a LVC type 1 not the official TCB but I still wanna be part of the crew!

I think I have only done initial wash and one other but am tempted to do more after seeing nycsurfer's. I've been wearing them to work and they get grimey fast but I still wanna get nice whiskers so its hard to make a decision. Does anyone know the liquid starch process they have been doing in Japan?

I think I remember to starch after the wash and before the dry? I have been hesitant of the dryer to keep as much starch in them as possible lol

1 hour ago, not too tight said:

I have a LVC type 1 not the official TCB but I still wanna be part of the crew!

ur most welcome!

1 hour ago, not too tight said:

Does anyone know the liquid starch process they have been doing in Japan?

I know the method used by  Naoharu on instagram who was kind enought to explain me the whole procedure via instagram. He used it only to enhance puckering and side seams, not for whiskers. 

1st you must get the liquid starch, spray starch doesn't work

2nd between wash and dryer apply with a small brush the liquid starch on stress points like chainstiched hem and side seams

3rd machine dry and repeat after each wash.

I think the procedure is the same but you just apply a thin coat of starch on the whole jeans.

you can ask to Kameisenpai or Nayuta, they both did it on their jeans. but first thing is to find liquid starch! (I didn't find it in local shops, I did find it online but sold for industrial purposes - min 5 litres - the shipping was like x10 the cost of the product itself).