Happy Jeans - Tcb 20s contest thread

Just to continue my salty attitude, here's a pic of the God damned mailman attempting delivery but because my wife decided to take her only trip of the year to the garage at that exact same time, I get to experience the joy of the dysfunctional postal system here in the USA by waiting in line behind the elderly and clueless. 

126916C0-3C7E-48A0-93E1-18E587FF28CA.png

I love @Maynard Friedman and his jokes but sometimes worry that there is a clinical element we’re missing. 

Also, I have a mailman who has got to be one of the best postal workers to wear the uniform. His name is Paul. He waves and says hi whenever I see him while walking the woofer; and is sure to tell me if I have anything good coming. He sends me a Christmas card every year. He’s certainly never wearing any non regulation gear. Except for his umbrella hat that his daughter got him for his birthday.

not to make anyone jealous - i certainly know the pain caused by postal frustration but good ones are out there. 

well, along with the addition of the suspender buttons, I suspect I got someone else's jeans as these measure up to 33" after wash.  I had a size 36 originally, so it should be 35.5" roughly.  I cant wear these.  

I'll wait to see if anyone else received a pair of 36's without suspender buttons and try to work something out with them.  otherwise, Im done.  

3 hours ago, garden gnomes in space said:

well, along with the addition of the suspender buttons, I suspect I got someone else's jeans as these measure up to 33" after wash.  I had a size 36 originally, so it should be 35.5" roughly.  I cant wear these.  

I'll wait to see if anyone else received a pair of 36's without suspender buttons and try to work something out with them.  otherwise, Im done.  

I've just double checked my excel file and your full desiderata where in there. Just sent an email along with a couple photos of dead horse heads to Inoue.

Got them!!!! 

Have to say, a little bummed the pocket bags aren’t something special, but I’m excited to get back into this. They look great and have my old patch on them even though I sized down one. 

Still can’t  upload pics here, so probably just going to stick with instagram. 

looking forward to the comparison pix @nycsurfer530! i will do another chattering comparison of my old 50s vs. these 20s vs. lvc version of 30s soon

@srudy you can paste links from your IG posts into these threads super-easy no? love to see the pix here too!

& off topic, but keeping to your IG stream: that present of leroy looks like roy x cone at its very best: memorial & leroy: truly god-tier status collection growing!

hoping more pants get into more hands soon!

thanks again to inoue and volvo for all hard work in keeping this rolling and getting it back into the air...

7 hours ago, bartlebyyphonics said:

looking forward to the comparison pix @nycsurfer530! i will do another chattering comparison of my old 50s vs. these 20s vs. lvc version of 30s soon

@srudy you can paste links from your IG posts into these threads super-easy no? love to see the pix here too!

& off topic, but keeping to your IG stream: that present of leroy looks like roy x cone at its very best: memorial & leroy: truly god-tier status collection growing!

hoping more pants get into more hands soon!

thanks again to inoue and volvo for all hard work in keeping this rolling and getting it back into the air...

Ha! Well, yes, I guess so. Roy is very nice to me. Those neppy Roys are actually a bit different than the one that’s floating around via sufu. They’re heavier weight, 2 pocket. 

As for the pics on here, my computer screen is busted so, I really only have my phone, so posting the link from my ig account won’t be happening until that’s fixed. But, I’ll see if I can use my old computer. 

Really excited about the new, 2nd round of this contest!!!! I sized down one and I’m liking them a lot better. And the cat ears are really cool and unique.

Really liking the length and leg opening of my pair. Have some fits with different shoes— 70s chucks, 997 new balances, Alden boots. As far as I can tell my jacket is actually more inconsistent/slubbier than the 20s jeans. Perhaps my jacket being washed over a dozen times has something to do with it. Or the way the loom is set up makes each pair unique. Also interesting is that the jeans have a slightly more beige tone to the weft while the jacket’s weft is much brighter and whiter. Also here’s a bad fit pic with my ranchman shirt, some sashimi and the view from the Marin Headland’s from a hike a couple days ago  CDE7A723-175D-45CF-A501-DAC2B5B981B6.thumb.jpeg.8a9111f3d7ef8ef13ece8885eb34c42a.jpeg

36B0B641-1B90-4377-8442-A79A22B8A45A.jpeg

60B11429-6DF2-4582-AFFB-E76C6E1BF95B.jpeg

BB74850B-3414-44C2-9781-5CAADCAAA6C3.jpeg

B04D1322-D6FD-451A-AF4B-A6D07BFE172D.jpeg

70D8FB2F-1C59-4C3E-946C-C1F059F5441B.jpeg

0C5C9A1F-3967-41A2-87ED-5E48C1BD63A2.jpeg

news:

1. my pair still stuck in customs
  2. our Japanese hero Uncle Karl will join the second, triumphant installment of the 20s feline contest saga
  3. Spunkey surfaced on planet earth, his pair hopefully will soon travel back to the holy mother land