Happy Jeans - Tcb 20s contest thread

6 hours ago, volvo240thebest said:

Soon a new tcb 20s phoenix will reborn from the ashes, don't worry.
Dug to see all that little presents to Inoue and stuff. I just only added a poorly written piece of paper, you guys made me feel like a peasant...

guilty as charge,i also just a put a piece of paper with my handwrtiting on it stating my number :unsure:and  i didnt wash them cause they going to burn it anyway

to keep thread bumped and cheery

and elegant and emphatic

a ‘wear did I go’ post

v&a, london

last days of the showing of cristobal balenciaga’s frocks and influences

notable for innovations in pattern cutting and play with volumetrics

(influenced by both kimonos, but also by the clothing of male priests – an interesting fact that such innovations of dress in were not just futurist visions, nor orientalist appropriations, but emerge from anachronist gender fluidity – to re-instate the authoritarive man’s dress of the 1600s for the socialite of the 1960s…)

such designs feeding kawakubo and the like

pix related

then, for more macho fare

to the ever popular samurai stall

to look at war-like underwear

(a samurai’s loincloths and man-bra, who’d a thought it… perhaps momotaro will develop for their ‘going-to-war’ strand)

then early 20th century kimonos with indigo dye and then a pattern by moriguchi kunihiko, from 1987, developed with free-hand paste resist techniques – the sprinkling of rice-paste, or makinori, creates the effect

and then to continue the cosmopolitan heritage melange: went to a local japanese-cuisine canteen style restaurant accompanied by chinese tv

(which reminds me, happy almost new year to our eastern compadres in case i dont post nearer the time)

then todays trousers, tender 130, whilst waiting for the 20s return, drifting between erlebnis and erfahrung: the transitory and inchoate experience vs the socially meaningful one…

oDhAHuih.jpg

RKWkmRph.jpg

0oqNq1ch.jpg

cdkStNvh.jpg

MR6ec3Ch.jpg

VhRpWC8h.jpg

G9SQAdBh.jpg

dkMYnX3h.jpg

IF7hhlhh.jpg

vfaXxZoh.jpg

yTWu8SQh.jpg

J9nWmlMh.png

Edited by bartlebyyphonics

I also wrote a note since the patch is fried and illegible but forgot to put it in the pocket, only noticed it when I got back from the post office last Tuesday. Should I send an email to Inoue with info so that he can match sender address with SuFu name and jeans?

Sorry if this was already addressed; Do we have an ETA on when to expect the new jeans? Will they go through the same process of being shipped to the PI, and then shipped out to us, or will they be sent from TCB directly? Understanding that they likely need all pairs back first before they can proceed. Need to know if I should buy new jeans in the interim, or if I can bear with my...tighter than expected...Ooe's for a week or two!

1 hour ago, aho said:

Sorry if this was already addressed; Do we have an ETA on when to expect the new jeans? Will they go through the same process of being shipped to the PI, and then shipped out to us, or will they be sent from TCB directly? Understanding that they likely need all pairs back first before they can proceed. Need to know if I should buy new jeans in the interim, or if I can bear with my...tighter than expected...Ooe's for a week or two!

the jeans will be shipped from Japan, but I have no idea how long will it take before Inoue will have received all jeans.

the production will likely take 1/2 days.

3 hours ago, aho said:

the answer is yes.  at least it was for me :)

Using DHL, UPS or FedEx from Russia would have cost me $100 or more (and some wouldn’t want to ship non-commercial, but 5 business days or less) - EMS ended up being around $30 (but up to 11 business days)...

Edited by Foxy2

We.... dont have a ups or fedex in my town hahahah. I live in a small 18,000 person town now which is also a big part of the problem. I ended up just shipping it via Canada Post.

Also, was not saying that as to make a huge deal or be bitter! Just thought it was an interesting little update

And no.. its not ALL frozen wasteland

20 hours ago, MasonAlexander said:

Because Canada. 

$93 was the cheapest option offered to me that included tracking. 6 business days.

The option cheaper than that was ground delivery for $40. 2-3 months

that's exacly what they told me too :(

hello everyone!

Inoue is receiving the parcels, and yesterday he contacted me because he already wanted to start production of the new batch, butr I had to stop him because the data I'm gathering are not complete.

at this stage all of you were in touch either confirming all previous size info and adresses or changing them, I only miss info from @spunkey he doesn't get back to my emails and PMs... I don't know if he sent the jeans back or not. The guy seems to have disappeared from the internet, either that or the email adress I have for him is no longer used.

I hope he will soon surface on planet earth...

40 minutes ago, Foxy2 said:

according to EMS Russia tracking my package has now left Russian territory.

don't be surprised if it will remain in this status for couple weeks before appearing in Japan - it always happens with them this way, my several parcels last year took averagely 3 weeks to get delivered (even though EMS claims to do it in no more than 10 business days)

So, I'm sure we're all curious about this, but being understandably coy about it given how crazy this whole situation is: do we have a clear sense of what Inoue intends to do with the arcs for the new pairs? If he goes "cat ears," would we be looking at lemon/orange contrast stitching or something more "stealth" like what showed up on some pairs of 60s recently? 

On 12/5/2017 at 5:05 PM, erockisalive said:

Wow, I never realized the cat ear thing because the thread color makes it really blend in. Here's the best picture I could find on my phone, until someone else can get a better higher res shot.

IMG_9172.JPG