Happy Jeans - Tcb 20s contest thread

On 04/02/2018 at 5:09 PM, aho said:

I put on my former Ooe Contest jeans and they were...Way too tight! I think the 20's cut has spoiled me and I grew my waist to help accommodate it! Will be sending off my pair early this week, but can't wait to get the replacement :/

I had the same issue. Pulled out my rising sun blacksmiths at the weekend and thought "blimey these are slimmer than I remember..."

11 hours ago, MasonAlexander said:

In the meantime, here is a few photos (shot on 35mm film) wearing a TCB chambray and the contest jeans from a month or so back. I guess these will probably be the last photo update of the contest for me

great pictures... we'll miss ya' brother!

Patiently waiting. The jeans are about to be handled in the safe and capable hands of Poste Italiane..i can feel the jeans are excited about the potential amount of farce involved in their journey back home....

3z51OI4.jpg

Guys, I'll be honest, I didn't ask it.
I've been asking to Inoue a million questions, every day since this issue started (actually well before it was disclosed, too).
I've been keeping track of all the requirements, replied to many emails/whatsapp's/IG dm's, noted amended addresses, change of sizes, etc etc, saved everything on a excel file which I'll send to Inoue at the right moment, to make sure he'll make the next batch according to your requests.
Would you normally scrap something you exchange? I don't think. The jeans will have to be destroyed in front of someone controlling the procedure, it would be risky to send jeans so fucked up that someone could argue about it.

That said, feel free to ask it for yourself, privately to Inoue (tcbinoueATgmailDOTcom). I won't.

Sorry for this.

we Germans also know Unmensch, Uebermensch, Untermensch and Gutmensch - probably because Mensch(lichkeit) is a far too simple concept...

Edited by Foxy2

1 hour ago, volvo240thebest said:

I had to google mensch to understand what it means! it could be either brav'uomo or gentiluomo.

I was especially thinking of the Yiddish sense which means ""someone to admire and emulate, someone of noble character. The key to being 'a real mensch' is nothing less than character, rectitude, dignity, a sense of what is right, responsible, decorous."[2] The term is used as a high compliment, implying the rarity and value of that individual's qualities.

In gamba maybe? In gamba means actually mainly well able, far from the  καλοκἀγαθία of the Yiddish sense of mensch. Ingambatissimo doesn't exist, it's a postmodern Bartleby neologism!

Sweet Bartlebyxx!

no 20s related but the long legged shadow makes this pic strictly on topic, methinks.

Greetings from la Promenade des Anglais, Nice, France. All I can think everytime I come to France is Zidane's headbutt to Materazzi, and Italy winning world cup. It make me always chuckle! Ha!

23zp4QQ.jpg

EEB0vwN.jpg

0XyLP1o.jpg

look at that leg twist!

xTstHTd.jpg

the beauty of the fabric is really apparent in this photo. these 2 are very accurate in terms of real life color. I had worn mine nearly every day since I had gotten them. So this represents about a month of wear. too soon young to be destroyed. 

gMEysyO.jpg

twas a sad day at the post office today :*( 

Edited by erk

Soon a new tcb 20s phoenix will reborn from the ashes, don't worry.
Dug to see all that little presents to Inoue and stuff. I just only added a poorly written piece of paper, you guys made me feel like a peasant...