Happy Jeans - Tcb 20s contest thread

^I would break out my contest Ooe's but we're in the negatives this week (fahrenheit) and they're holey :P

When are we to send the TCB's back? And will Inoue-san be repurposing existing pairs, or creating a whole new batch? Just curious when we're thinking of re-starting

I'll wash my pair and document my pair over the weekend before I send it back next week...will be busy with my Bowery Blue Makers Triple Pleat and another pair of Dawson Denim until the replacement arrives.

here's my soundtrack for this week - more peasant music from Volvo's people.

IMG_5362_zps1epbyipn.jpg

from early music to avantgarde, Foxy covers it all....
I'll see Jordi Savall next week, used to be a big fan. He's doing a program fully dedicated to Marin Marais and the music he recorded for Tous le Matins du monde, I have high expectations, I'll let you know...

great to see momentum on this

will be returning the jeans tomorrow when get to a post-office

had this all queued up and ready to go before news yesterday

an appropriately melancholic update / stage finale for this pair

taking a walk around chatham

a town that never received any of the benefits of the pre-2007 boom

and is bearing post-crash austerity economics

the original heartland of ukip (those who stoked the brexit bonanza) 

historical repetitions; nationalism and introversion breed in ruins

wintery lighting

architectural melange

wandering situational hipster

some impressions

hoping for better days

QGG7aIIh.jpg

tWHWijCh.jpg

6uWoGNah.jpg

FNcy4bKh.jpg

lkJD3msh.jpg

fIgAZkUh.jpg

UaSPUGgh.jpg

vKPliFYh.jpg

ZyiStbPh.jpg

Rd0GXPQh.jpg

TeXe6Ixh.jpg

ZLThZkoh.jpg

NbChrpgh.jpg

aMDVixHh.jpg

bia3xsxh.jpg

zMMLhkEh.jpg

GAq4Lpah.jpg

EveZK0th.jpg

36fEfzOh.jpg

gZl3yvph.jpg

pAKobKdh.jpg

Edited by bartlebyyphonics

and then life's sweet ironies

[to keep with the thread's developing booze epicurean-isms]

around the corner from the last shot is an international food shop

has a fine selection of vodka from poland

pic related

edit: what is missing from bottle drunk most happily with a colleague and friend from what was once east-germany...

IMG_6866.jpg

Edited by bartlebyyphonics

2 hours ago, volvo240thebest said:

from early music to avantgarde, Foxy covers it all....
I'll see Jordi Savall next week, used to be a big fan. He's doing a program fully dedicated to Marin Marais and the music he recorded for Tous le Matins du monde, I have high expectations, I'll let you know...

life's too short to stick to just one genre of music or to only listen to pleasant/peasant muzak...

@bartlebyyphonics - great realism right there!

over here - everything still under wraps...

IMG_5361_zpsieiikogm.jpg

been a bit AFK, so repping but not talking

back at the keyboard (missed post office; posting first thing next week then, sorry...)

@Paul T thanks for kind comment and yes: kentish towns have a sublime despair and fortitude all quite their own (i say this having grown up a while in whitstable with the glacial north sea winds of its winters); re: chapels - the church just the other side of the street of that shot has actually been turned into a gym that advertises 'self defense actualisation' - quite the divine promise) 

keeping with kentishness and its builds; if you ever find yourself that way; i recommend a visit to the town of deal and its 'middle street'; once a den of smugglers, now a site of perfectly preserved architectural gems - also its' pier made not for pleasure walking but local fishermen (also ramsgate; has some crazy builds, including a brooding flint church designed by augustus pugin - the guy who did big ben if i remember correctly...)

@Foxy2 glad you enjoy a bit of realism: to go further... a favourite quote, taken from linda nochlin's excellent book on the topic, citing emile zola; “the day is coming when a single original carrot will be pregnant with revolution” / also remembering brecht's call: realism is “not linked to the good old days but to the bad new ones. It does not involve undoing techniques but developing them” - to struggle to represent the reality of our times as they change (reality and modes of representation, that is, as they are intertwined...)

also calling out for all peeps involved to take last pics and measurements and to share...

[plus: won't be jorting mine, purely for sentimental reasons and because i am hella superstitious...]

10 hours ago, MasonAlexander said:

I really want to get mine sent back as soon as I can and have this mess cleaned up, but I still havent heard from Ed or Jason regarding a refund. On the brightside.. i get to put in a few more days of wearing them

I also haven't heard from Jason yet either, waiting for a refund confirmation to send them back.

My 20s are packed and ready for shipping, but I think we can document what our ersatz jeans are up to while we wait for replacement, no? So here's a bartleTM dump of me and my daughter's playground excursion this AM, not a soul in sight and the bleak February morning would have made for post-apocalyptic vibes if my daughter hadn't lit up the place with toddler laughter.

Wearing LVC 1955

oGnpk3Jl.jpg

1990s German playground aesthetic

biBOsGKl.jpg

tYfwontl.jpg

wrc1bOdl.jpg

We might have disturbed the scene of a homicide

IlfGgYhl.jpg

1d7JT51l.jpg

O0HKZTjl.jpg

Ccz6cJSl.jpg

VjFxqvVl.jpg

Qq3tykYl.jpg

MMPsUvAl.jpg

E6xIDAql.jpg

The sun finally won the battle as we made our way home.

9kvNCHcl.jpg

Edited by Cucoo

Anybody in the states ship them out yet? I'm heading to the P.O. on Tuesday, and I'm not an experienced international shipper. I'm curious if there's an obvious better (i.e., "more economical" (i.e., "cheaper")) option than a usps priority international flat rate envelope. Maybe just a first-class international package? Thanks.

Edited by MileHighEvertonian
clarification

1 hour ago, MileHighEvertonian said:

Anybody in the states ship them out yet? I'm heading to the P.O. on Tuesday, and I'm not an experienced international shipper. I'm curious if there's an obvious better (i.e., "more economical" (i.e., "cheaper")) option than a usps priority international flat rate envelope. Maybe just a first-class international package? Thanks.

I went ahead and did a padded flat rate priority mail envelope just to be safe.  Wasn't cheap, 32.05, but I wanted to make sure they got them quickly.  For some reason I trust Priority mail, not sure why.  I'm guessing, but if you did a regular envelope, it would probably be 12-15 bucks. 

From EU Ems it's the way to go, at around 30 eur. I'll re check DHL through on online courier 'broker' service, but unless something happened it will still be much more expensive than that.

now Russia on the other hand - have to ship everything by courier out of the country...

did take final pics over the weekend. before washing:

L1020328_zpsyiiorgbt.jpg
L102E0330_zpsyn0vgazz.jpg
L1020331_zpsepksdb5g.jpg
L1020334_zpshvm2nk2w.jpg
L1020342_zps2ntofucg.jpg
L1020343_zps0obwnjtx.jpg
L1020345_zpsebl3jrj7.jpg
L1020346_zps2mqdtvqr.jpg
L1020347_zpsswurvzrp.jpg
L1020350_zpstmj7oxwv.jpg

they were coming along just fine, considering my work style (office, chair, etc).

after the wash:

I did cut off the cinch/buckle ( helping Inoue to save materials) and the patch. I will keep the patch here in Moscow and have it sewn back on after the initial soak of the new pair...

L1020375_zpsu2uil3ng.jpg
L1020376_zpsx54gthzk.jpg
L1020377_zpsevxewzoy.jpg
L1020378_zpsxjvjn1oo.jpg
L1020380_zpsl5rsdxuq.jpg
L1020382_zpsjzkdfw7n.jpg

while wash produced nice train tracks and revealed nice initial fades it was definitely too early for my wear habits - would have held out with the first wash for another 2-3 months.
will bag them later this week and send them home.