Happy Jeans - Tcb 20s contest thread

Not really sure where I stand on this, it sucks all around. And I don't think I'd be interested in a pair that's not the way they are now.
It's really unfortunate as I was just starting to break my pair in, but at this point if my only options are exchange the jeans or refund I might have to go with the latter. 
Just a bit disappointed that those are my only two options, but I get it. More disappointed by the other pressing party involved honestly...

46 minutes ago, Broark said:

Not really sure where I stand on this, it sucks all around. And I don't think I'd be interested in a pair that's not the way they are now.
It's really unfortunate as I was just starting to break my pair in, but at this point if my only options are exchange the jeans or refund I might have to go with the latter. 
Just a bit disappointed that those are my only two options, but I get it. More disappointed by the other pressing party involved honestly...

This is exactly my feelings on it.

Unfortunately, I’ll be opting for the refund. 

In no way do I place the blame on TCB and will still support them at other times, I just personally do not want the 20s, and only got them because of the original contest model

based on my experience having worked for a few bigger brands Inoue is pretty lucky for getting a warning - the lawyers involved usually will want to see all of the respective pairs in person in Japan and will want to have them destroyed (completely) at Inoue's cost. not to mention the cost of the lawyers involved...

send the jeans back to Inoue if you don't him charged, penalized and potentially go bankrupt!

I will continue with my pair (whatever it might be) whatever happens. I think we have to share some of the blame as I believe we chose that pocket design (which some, now vindicated, had reservations about). I don't want a refund as I don't want Inoue to lose out.

Personally I wouldn't mind swapped pockets, but I understand it should probably be all or nothing.

Edit; and Foxy is completely right. One you've been caught out, which Inoue has, you have to march to their tune.

Edited by Paul T

^^I agree, Paul. This whole debacle was in part born out of Inoue's generosity of spirit and willingness to make something special that our small community requested; as such, the community does well to return that generosity of spirit and make good on Inoue's request. I'll be returning mine and get back to enjoying my SC47s while I await a new pair of 20s.

Foxy is spot on here. Think of the benefits too for all of you who sized incorrectly, hemmed too long/short, fried your patch, got caught up in the washing too often/anti-Nudies advice groundswell - it’s a chance to make a fresh start and right those wrongs!

6 hours ago, volvo240thebest said:

yes, it's lame and hypocritical of the other brand involved in this little rodeo... I hope this is what you meant.

Yes, that’s what I meant. 

Fuck it, it’s an inconvenience but I’m sending mine in. TCB doesn’t deserve to be raked across the coals over a stupid arc design. I’m more irritated than anything really. And while I’m hating a certain person in the denim industry and won’t ever buy their products again, I do kind of get where they are coming from. What I don’t get is the unwillingness to find a better resolution. That’s shitty. 

Just catching up on the thread and this is indeed sad. I think this is clearly the time we should show just how much we appreciate Inoue's work and support him to the fullest. 

I'm all for a continued TCB 20's contest and will definitely get another pair. Hope most of you guys get another pair too, this thread is the best we've seen in a while.

Ive made my final decision unfortunately.

Ive realised that I paid $320 Canadian dollars for the contest jeans, which was totally fine when they were as we had originally planned. After all of this, and all of us discussing the changes, I can not see me putting my $320 towards a pair of “regular” 20s. Not only is the 20s not a cut I would have ever chosen except for the fact that I could get a very limited pair via the contest, but the regular 20s are available for basically $100 Canadian less (as far as I can tell) from the TCB store or another retailer.

I dont have any hard feelings towards anybody involved (except the big company who shall not be named) , and I hope there are no hard feelings towards me.

If somebody involved who has information about a refund sees this, could you please contact me

Thank you!!

10 hours ago, volvo240thebest said:

so this is what I've agreed with Inoue.

Who's opting for an exchange will receive a pair which will have:

• special own design arcs (cat ear design)
  • special pocket fabric

I've even asked if he could slap another special patch, but he has them anymore, and printing a new batch for a limited number of jeans is not possible.

Oh, hell yes!  This sounds really good!  And we can keep our original patch?

^As disappointing as this is, I'm glad to see that Inoue-san is still offering us something special! Thanks for your handling of this as well @volvo240thebest

It won't be easy parting with my pair which has shrunk down and conformed into a perfect fit, but now that I have a better understanding of the fabric I won't be afraid to let loose lol

I wish we could get a giant picture of everyone's progress when they're all returned to TCB HQ, but of course that can't/won't happen. No hard feelings to anyone who decides to refund either

18 minutes ago, srudy said:

Oh, hell yes!  This sounds really good!  And we can keep our original patch?

Hey suzie are you changing your mind?

Inoue will sew the old patch into the new jeans.

4 minutes ago, volvo240thebest said:

Hey suzie are you changing your mind?

Inoue will sew the old patch into the new jeans.

Yep!  Definitely!  I really appreciate you negotiating all of this!  With the cat pockets and the pocket bags, I'm IN!

excellent news Suzie!

I'm filling up a new excel file that I'll send to Inoue (and Jason/Ed for the couple returns). Please everybody confirm me via email your size and desired inseam length. only a few of you already stated sized and inseam.
TCB 20s contest continuity army in the making...

this thread will keep being the coolest one of sufu, ha!

11 hours ago, volvo240thebest said:

I've even asked if he could slap another special patch, but he has them anymore, and printing a new batch for a limited number of jeans is not possible.

what about the possibility of an all black protest patch?

sort of like the solidarity armbands the cricketeers from Zimbabwe wore... possibly not as fashionable but we'd still be unified in our dissent.

just a thought :huh:  I sincerely feel like I'm losing a friend