Happy Jeans - Tcb 20s contest thread

On 1/25/2018 at 6:45 AM, bartlebyyphonics said:

SApt8H1h.jpg

Looks like you've lost a pin from the cinch back, bartleby. How's everyone else's hardware holding up?

My lower pin "popped" loose during a cinch adjustment a while back, but didn't fall out. It just sort of floats. I'm trying to decide whether it's worth trying to solder it back in place. Suspenders are growing on me, while the cinch back seems such a flawed technology. 

33 minutes ago, MileHighEvertonian said:

Looks like you've lost a pin from the cinch back, bartleby. How's everyone else's hardware holding up?

My lower pin "popped" loose during a cinch adjustment a while back, but didn't fall out. It just sort of floats. I'm trying to decide whether it's worth trying to solder it back in place. Suspenders are growing on me, while the cinch back seems such a flawed technology. 

good eyes there sir!

the cinch has been only one prong effective since day one: similar to yours, it is a floater awaiting soldering, or, more likely, in summer i will remove the hardware, shorten the cinch in general (as the waist came in wider than expected anyway) and put in this hardware from an evisu eu that floats around here... (this model of cinch hardware is rock solid in my experience)

i have a fondness for cinch's for the anti-fit potential they provide (tightening waist, whilst allowing overall larger fit) but so many have failed on me over the years... many i have just stitched together once hardware in bin...

and then the 20s gone in the wash again, some post-wash pix, no great changes, but hey-ho...

(40 degrees this time: leg gone to c.82 cm... indigo loss suits them: the flatter blue-grey works with the cut - more relaxed)

001.jpg

IMG_6685.jpg

IMG_6686.jpg

IMG_6698.jpg

IMG_6709.jpg

My cinch came busted as well. I can get it to stick if I push the prongs through with my thumb behind it.

I washed my pair last week with no spin and hung dry. I definitely lost another inch in the inseam but didn't want to dry and lose my creases haha. I have to take some updated photos soon. 

Got a new tattoo today while enjoying the weekend off. 

26357227_697232204000137_2551746731771428864_n.jpg

On 21/11/2017 at 9:06 AM, Foxy2 said:

since the coolest one from recent memory is part of Bowery Blue Makers' offering I decided to place an order...

3.jpg

_DSC3232a.jpg

_DSC3235a.jpg

@Foxy2 was wondering if your Bowery Blue order came through?

I've (perhaps sadly!) had recurring triple pleat pangs since the LVC triple triple pleat bonanza last year (on this thread). I'd value your assessment on the BB if you kept it going... cheers!

Edited by MJF9

@MJF9 - he told me that he was busy when I placed the order...

he shipped it to me 10 days ago (which makes for a turn-over time of 8 weeks - not that bad, right?) - I guess it will take another week or 2 before it'll show up here in Moscow - will post in the BBM thread.

Edited by Foxy2

went to one of the better food markets here in Moscow the other weekend...

IMG_0287_zpswhacgqsg.jpg
IMG_0286_zpsziww9hhn.jpg
IMG_0291_zpszzce86xb.jpg
IMG_0290_zps3nhnwxdy.jpg

had a late breakfast

IMG_0284_zpsfcif5zpx.jpg[/URL]
IMG_0285_zps4wximhi2.jpg[/URL]

I went for Morrocain and Mrs Foxy went for Vietnamese.

last week I had a litte spirit session with a freind from work comparing Spanish vermouths...

IMG_5352_zpsnwyzcijl.jpg
IMG_5353_zps7rtit2aa.jpg
IMG_5354_zpsvy9edzmo.jpg

for purpose of variety we sneaked in 2 Italians...

IMG_5356_zpsjjvqxhre.jpg
IMG_5357_zpsu6gdfp6m.jpg
IMG_5355_zps1ijnit8g.jpg

...although one is actually British-Italian.

later that evening we paired it off with a selection of gins.

IMG_5358_zpsn37citox.jpg

^ Cheers!

3 hours ago, Paul T said:

Ooh, let us know results on the Vermouth testing. I bought a Cocchi and Noilly Prat this December to try with the Opihir, Plymouth and Sipsmith... but strangely can't quite remember which combination I liked best.

Those Spanish vermouths were mostly red & full bodied - very nice neat on the rocks.

Noilly Prat is a classic and a sure bet in a Dry Martini - but if you like to add citrus to your cocktails I find that it fails. this is where the Cocchi Americano comes in - it goes very well with citrus and works perfect in a lot of the older cocktails where it can replace the Lillet part and ad a new/better twist (Corpse Reviver 2 or Jesper).

During our tasting we sampled the Cocchi Dry Vermouth Savoy for the first time - it's been developed for the American Bar at Savoy Hotel. we are still testing....

Regarding the selection you mentioned I would think that a Plymouth Navy Strength Gin and a Noilly Prat are best for a classic Dry Martini - Opihr and Sipsmith should work better with Cocchi Americano...

Edited by Foxy2

Very nearly washed my pair over the weekend. It's very odd for me to not wash monthly at the very least, and it's been years since I was even tempted by the "don't wash until..." mythology. I feel like I'm having a Kramer (Seinfeld) moment as I muster the courage to keep from washing until I reach 12 weeks from my initial hot soak + machine wash/dry. Just need to get to Sunday. 

giphy.gif

Edited by MileHighEvertonian

These were from 2 days ago but never got around to posting until now. 

The breakfast is from a favourite cafe of my girlfriend and mine called The Dancing Goat in a little place called Margaree, Nova Scotia. The landscape photos are from a few little scenes on the drive to the cafe. 

Added one quick photo from when I was at the skatepark last night in the jeans

I am now up to 32 days of wear (all 32 days in a row so far)

6ACB8132-1D7B-41D5-AC5A-160F499CC10D.jpeg

81494190-FF06-43F5-93BB-FEE3BAD2BE72.jpeg

E21EB84A-0E39-4D43-BD31-B7BDB1A2BBF9.jpeg

45782142-5D91-4032-A08A-D876794CB336.jpeg

97625AFB-A7D4-47F3-A746-637C22A58A07.jpeg

4CC5A300-2E63-4163-90EE-70C6CB5AE1BC.jpeg

22C373D6-84EC-469D-A708-7657C0D7003A.jpeg

6CF4ECCB-2F85-4AF1-8752-0C23B0FB04ED.jpeg

On 29 January 2018 at 11:18 AM, Foxy2 said:

IMG_5354_zpsvy9edzmo.jpg

all looks mighty tasty

have to admit to becoming a fan of vermouth bianco recently (total grandma chic)

and in my plebeian nature, have settled with tanqueray (for dry martinis) and plymouth (for pink gin or for a martini with a touch of spiced orange bitters) as the two mainstay gins in the house (or whitney neill if wanting variety) 

but most importantly, i spy a bulleit rye; perfect old fashioned material...

at the moment I find that "Grandma Chic" appealing - vermouth, amaro, bitter & pineau (des charentes) neat or on the rocks!

I'm with you on the simplicity of a tanqueray martini, although I would also recommend a harris gin dry/dirty martini or a siegfried gin dry martini...

being a whisky man, I've only started looking into bourbon/rye quite recently and must say that rye turned out more appealing - so far. bulleit is mighty fine in an old fashion, but I'm still looking a better allrounder.

Edited by Foxy2

Had a hankering for a proper French dip the other day and where else to get a French dip in San Francisco than the Italian quarter North Beach (sarcasm #1).

As challenging as it was to pass culinary marvels such as “The Stinking Rose” and “Mona Lisa Cafe” and “Trattoria Pinocchio” (sarcasm #2) I knew my destination by the logo.  Sandwich shop ran by whom I believe is the chef at one of the famous Persian restaurants just around the corner (Maykadeh), so they know their meats.  The spicy pickles are fantastic too and i would never have thought to be so excited about pickles.  

On the way back to the office I had a chance to reminisce on the movie Bullett with Steve McQueen.  He meets up with someone at a place called Enrico's, which I was fortunate enough to go to when I first moved here.  Alas, like all good things, it went out of business and has been replaced by awful restaurants after awful restaurants.  Now its just shuttered (called Naked lunch for christ sake) and homeless people smoke crack in the doorways.  What a shame, but most of Sf is a shame these days.  

IMG_3976.JPG

IMG_3959.jpg

IMG_3961.jpg

enricossignage-600x400.jpg.5599145883f14febde6c7d8a6cce34fb.jpg

IMG_3971.jpg

IMG_3960.JPG

Edited by garden gnomes in space