Happy Jeans - Tcb 20s contest thread

usual as usual

some lifework

a strange monstrous clash of architecture as stylistic barrage framing the sensorial barrage of kid's party...

19th century neo-gothic, sub-modernist office ceiling squares, transitory cosmic bouncy castle...

food-work: some nordic baking experiments: cinnamon & butter buns (aka diabetes on a plate!) 

lines, textures, etc.

004.jpg

005.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

001 copy.jpg

Does **** ***** have this *** ****** ********? Are they going to do a ***** and **** a ***** and ****** on ***?! Hilarious :D

Edited by Maynard Friedman
Updated for clarity!

On 09/01/2018 at 11:18 PM, aho said:

Those may be lighter than mine now! Can't wait to see where they end up by contest end. Really enjoy this looser fit of mine now that all the shrinkage is out of the way. They're perfect with vans, but I haven't been wearing boots lately as it doesn't seem to line up as well (at least with my White's; loose jeans with clunky bulbous boots). Engineer boots ala Volvo would be ideal though

I'm really interested in the extent of shrinking over the course of your washes. The last contest I was in (d33 on denimbro) we all experienced shrinkage over many washes, with the length of my D33 losing about 4" 

ive still got a lot of scope for losing leg length, just interested if they're still shrinking after many washes

2 hours ago, Topgearskin said:

I'm really interested in the extent of shrinking over the course of your washes

I've been measuring meticulously after every wash except the third one, when I was going on vacation and didn't have time. Here are my numbers for a size 30, 79 cm leg. 

Wash: Pre / 1st / 2nd / 4th
Waist: 15.75" (40cm) / 14.75" (37,5cm) / 14.5" (37cm) / 14.5" (37cm)
Inseam: 33" (84cm) / 30.5" (78cm) / 30.25" (77cm) / 29.5" (75cm) --- WHOAH!

I have all the other measurements too, but they're in the +/- 1" range, nothing extraordinary, and most didn't change this time. 

I was just thinking a couple of days ago that I should have gone with either 1" longer or 1" shorter inseam since I found it neither here nor there after the previous wash; too long to wear without a turn-up, too short with one. I'll have to see tomorrow when I put them on but they're probably (even) more to my liking now.

Note that the washer and dryer that I have access to are of the industrial kind, they probably go a little harder than the regular home appliances that most people use. 

Edited by mandel9000

I was just about to ask about all this shrinking business. I have mine double cuff pretty wide but only have washed them once with a light machine dry so was curious how much more shrinkage to expect. I wanted to keep the hem by Inoue if at all possible but I feel like Id enjoy them more if they were shorter. Obviously roping will be better if I decide to hem them before I wash them next but I still trying to hold off on that aspect as well but they are getting there for sure.

Im going to need to darn and repair these in the future I can tell by the wear especially since I already have some threads ripping. 

IMG_0337.jpg

IMG_0338.jpg

here are some more food pics from our xmas/new year's Scotland trip - for our last dinner before heading back home we opted for the Chef's table.

AF67ABE8-E19E-4EFE-BA05-587F745F7144_zps

a quick look at tonight's menu...

IMG_5344_zpsc3aapxev.jpg

it started with a surprise from the kitchen:

IMG_5335_zpsgo1eftpi.jpg
7D9F55AD-782F-471E-841B-6DC439C31460_zps

F73446C5-6929-433B-A803-CC7A6D0B2F12_zps

followed by the soupcon...

B0CA0BB3-2F69-470B-90C8-875CEDB3771C_zps
IMG_5336_zpsoq2ffrlq.jpg

...followed by the lamb and a nice wine pairing...

F2668823-8678-468C-9F9B-0864D232B50B_zps
IMG_5337_zpsjnajoqqs.jpg
B2E2EDEC-7CDD-4619-A55B-09E9C2984B3F_zps

moving on to the trout...

IMG_5338_zps8fq0esex.jpg
517597E1-F783-4DFE-9668-7D6CD2981D2D_zps

as the main I opted for the hake...

933AE2EE-C266-4D32-BC1A-CCCB1D75B7D4_zps
IMG_5342_zpsfwyeqhjl.jpg

...others chose the duck.

IMG_5341_zpski8fd89s.jpg

another kitchen surprise - a pre-dessert...

09F29636-B1A6-468F-A590-D647C523546B_zps
IMG_5343_zpsupnkspky.jpg

my choice of dessert was the parfait...

929C9EC2-0409-4CFE-8255-960309872A30_zps

as for the other's choice of cheese I was only able to get a glimpse of the accompanying crackers, but not the cheese...

31778E15-38F9-4549-8AD9-DFCC14F51B5F_zps

14 hours ago, mandel9000 said:

I've been measuring meticulously after every wash except the third one, when I was going on vacation and didn't have time. Here are my numbers for a size 30, 79 cm leg. 

I have all the other measurements too, but they're in the +/- 1" range, nothing extraordinary, and most didn't change this time. 

I was just thinking a couple of days ago that I should have gone with either 1" longer or 1" shorter inseam since I found it neither here nor there after the previous wash; too long to wear without a turn-up, too short with one. I'll have to see tomorrow when I put them on but they're probably (even) more to my liking now.

Note that the washer and dryer that I have access to are of the industrial kind, they probably go a little harder than the regular home appliances that most people use. 

mmm that last measurement is pretty harsh: 4cm off your desired 79 inseam?

need to do measurements of mine since second wash: have been non-numerical since first wash...

but my problem, or lack of rigour, is that post second wash my cuffs just dont want to line up or size-match: will have to get the iron out for first time in my life...

IMG_6522.jpg

1 hour ago, bartlebyyphonics said:

mmm that last measurement is pretty harsh: 4cm off your desired 79 inseam?

True, but I'm fine with it as I'm partial to the high water look. Works very well in the snow. And lately I have also discovered that my inseam sweet spot is either longer or shorter than 79cm depending on how I wear it.  

3 hours ago, Paul T said:

Nice cuffs and nosh, folks.

Foxy, did you get a chance to check out the Three Chimneys?

Yup - Chef's table in February 2017...

Back from a trip to Mexico and I loved wearing the 20s at night.  They were the perfect weight.  

22 hours ago, mandel9000 said:

Thank you for your measurements! I had a feeling I'd see a bit of a rise. I've got a lot of scope as I'm double cuffed at this stage. It appears that they're as shrinky as my Big Bro which went up a good ten cm

3 hours ago, Topgearskin said:

Nice guitars Erk!! I recently sold my jazzmaster as I couldn't get on with it, but they're a beautiful looking guitar

Thanks. I really like both of them. the JM was my go to for a few years. Just got the SG over the summer and thats been wear I'm at since then. Love the SG p90 combo. 

@MasonAlexander, lovely photos. Very exciting time getting those blurry ultrasound pix. Plus proper tractor action means you and karl are probably the ones ones using these jeans for their main design purpose.

@erk what case do you have for your Jazzmaster? I've carried mine around in a chunky flightcase for a couple of decades, which now seems ridiculous when it' spends it time leaning against a wall in the corner of my bedroom. Thinking of a regular tolex case but Jazzmaster ones seem hugely expensive (I have a tolex strat case in which it tantalisingly almost fits, but is rubbing against the edges).

Edited by Paul T

4 hours ago, Paul T said:

@erk what case do you have for your Jazzmaster? I've carried mine around in a chunky flightcase for a couple of decades, which now seems ridiculous when it' spends it time leaning against a wall in the corner of my bedroom. Thinking of a regular tolex case but Jazzmaster ones seem hugely expensive (I have a tolex strat case in which it tantalisingly almost fits, but is rubbing against the edges).

Paul, the guitar is an american reissue so it came with a G&G case. My cat urinated in that case one night while I was playing the guitar. So I had to find another one and I really liked the G&G case so I just got another one from musicians friend. I think it was $150. Mine is a brown one - as it is a '62 reissue - they make black ones minus the chrome fender logo for those post-65 jazzies. 

yours is a vintage one though right? doesn't it deserve a proper G&G case? 

edit : just did some google searching - apparently finding a G&G case in the UK is difficult. will sweetwater send you one? https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/099-6111-306

Edited by erk

Mine is 63, so I guess it's Tolex. Yes, G&G are super-expensive over here.

I hope in future months this thread will feature the respray of my Jazzmaster and my P1800. While the classifieds will feature just about everything else I own to raise the funds.

Did you really dump the old case? lol.

My moggy shat on my limited edition bootleg Velvets box set. And ripped off the cloth binding of Joy Division's Substance. How I miss the silly old sod.

Edited by Paul T

1 hour ago, Paul T said:

Mine is 63, so I guess it's Tolex. Yes, G&G are super-expensive over here.

I hope in future months this thread will feature the respray of my Jazzmaster and my P1800. While the classifieds will feature just about everything else I own to raise the funds.

Did you really dump the old case? lol.

My moggy shat on my limited edition bootleg Velvets box set. And ripped off the cloth binding of Joy Division's Substance. How I miss the silly old sod.

oh wow. lets see some pics! 

well, I still have the case. its in my attic. The smell of cat pee was replaced by all the enzyme cleaner and cat pee remover smells I sprayed all over it in an attempt to get rid of it - along with a big ol stain. I was afraid to put the guitar back in it ever again for fear of stinking up the actual instrument. If you want I can send it to you for free if you want to pay shipping. :)  ( its been a few years since the incident so I don't what the olfactory situation is anymore. could be smell free)

Edited by erk