Happy Jeans - Tcb 20s contest thread

10 minutes ago, kameisenpai said:

こんにちは !ここに先輩!

私たちは「TCBの青い三つ星」です

L→R

(IGname)yabuyoshi、kameisenpai、1188sft

TCBジーンズコジマジャパンで!

IMG_1821.JPG

I'm looking forward to seeing you again!

3 hours ago, MasonAlexander said:

The vest pictured is a real deal 1930s ish Browns Beach that he found somewhere on a road trip through Alberta last month

The jeans are a 1955 or so Levi’s

3B8B4272-280D-4D22-9D2D-8AADB1993B79.jpeg

Incidentally very similar to what I'm wearing today myself:

WJFerTT.jpg?1

BB vest is by a Chinese brand called Remains, extremely well made, although button are not clip on style like the original

50s jeans by TCB

My 20s jeans are waiting to be washed, the weather is shit, we have no dryer and there's a pile of stuff that needs to be washed, in such cases of course my daughter stuff has priority... Sunday I got sick for the second time in 20 days, another flu... short but sweet this time. I've managed to puke on my own jeans (sorry for the disgusting details!) so they need another wash. Oh well..

4 hours ago, volvo240thebest said:

Incidentally very similar to what I'm wearing today myself:

WJFerTT.jpg?1

BB vest is by a Chinese brand called Remains, extremely well made, although button are not clip on style like the original

50s jeans by TCB

My 20s jeans are waiting to be washed, the weather is shit, we have no dryer and there's a pile of stuff that needs to be washed, in such cases of course my daughter stuff has priority... Sunday I got sick for the second time in 20 days, another flu... short but sweet this time. I've managed to puke on my own jeans (sorry for the disgusting details!) so they need another wash. Oh well..

Puke wash jeans. The very cutting edge of distressing techniques!

My 20s are getting their 2nd wash (3rd if you count initial shrink wash) today too, just chucked in with a bunch of other stuff, since the shrink should be taken care of after the 2nd (60°C) wash. I was tidying up our cellar compartment today, my wife and me both have a bad habit of taking useless shit and just putting it in the cellar - out of sight, out of mind - I'm talking cardboard boxes, busted electronics and general stuff and things you can't just throw in the garbage but have to take to a recycling center. So every 1-2 years I have to take off a day from work and clear all that shit out. Was getting a lot of dust and grime on my 20s so I wasn't even looking for an excuse to wash them ;)

My wife is ecstatic that I finally got rid of a pair of speakers she loathes with all her being :D 5-sided pyramid speakers in black piano finish, I got those before we moved in together and while my wife grumpily accepts that a man needs a decent stereo setup (and stealthily appreciates that we don't have to only listen to tinny bluetooth speakers in our home) those speakers weren't negotiable... very low WAF (wife acceptance factor) :D I promise they looked cooler before gathering dust for 15 years!

(I'm using Imgur for pics again until Sufu sorts out that annoying upload errors.)

nBnvsd4l.jpg

Also got rid of some leftover stuff from back when I was in buying 70s hifi equipment for cheap on eBay. Almost felt bad about it but who needs an humongous tape deck these days, and the Pioneer reverb wasn't even working... totally would have kept them if I had the room to display them somewhere though ;) 

dSPrcbal.jpg

CUGBzV5l.jpg

All in all it took 3 trips with the car loaded up like this :D

64rjl8pl.jpg

And here's a shitty pic of my 20s this morning, featuring crusty Puma's that are on strict "dirty work" duty by now.

pgVVFjXl.jpg

I've just bought a cheapo new stereo for myself, after a massive blackout fucked up my old Marantz amplifier and Pioneer cd player.
Unfortunately today's finances are not the same my dad had when he bought me that setup 20 yrs ago. I bought a Auna set up under suggestion of an audiophile friend who knows I'd rather spend on jeans! Really good for the price. That's the amplifier CD508, works a charm with my old big Bose speakers (which are the only part of the hifi that the blackout didn't fuck up, even the lp player is gone...).

YaEFiuA.jpg

sorry for OT, you all know how keen your friend volvo is for general bang for the buck discussions so I had to share one of my cheapskate finds.

1 hour ago, volvo240thebest said:

I've just bought a cheapo new stereo for myself, after a massive blackout fucked up my old Marantz amplifier and Pioneer cd player.
Unfortunately today's finances are not the same my dad had when he bought me that setup 20 yrs ago. I bought a Auna set up under suggestion of an audiophile friend who knows I'd rather spend on jeans! Really good for the price. That's the amplifier CD508, works a charm with my old big Bose speakers (which are the only part of the hifi that the blackout didn't fuck up, even the lp player is gone...).

sorry for OT, you all know how keen your friend volvo is for general bang for the buck discussions so I had to share one of my cheapskate finds.

Losing something like a Marantz amp that way really sucks!

I'm all for bang for buck myself ;) I'm happy with my dad's Quadral speakers and Dual turntable. I have two great late-70s receivers by Pioneer and Yamaha, both ran fine for years but are in dire need of an overhaul by now. So right now my trusty fall-back amplifier is running things, I bought a Yamaha AX-380 with my first own money from jobbing after school in the mid 90s and it hasn't shown a single sign of aging so far. "They don't build 'em like that anymore :D "

I will have that huge CR-2020 overhauled soon though, because nothing beats that satisfying feeling of full metal switches and knobs...

aiJ5Hoel.jpg

Those may be lighter than mine now! Can't wait to see where they end up by contest end. Really enjoy this looser fit of mine now that all the shrinkage is out of the way. They're perfect with vans, but I haven't been wearing boots lately as it doesn't seem to line up as well (at least with my White's; loose jeans with clunky bulbous boots). Engineer boots ala Volvo would be ideal though

QXhUxI9.jpg

warmed up some around here so got some wear in at work. I dont normally wear jeans at work cause of how active I am on the job. Worry about premature pocket blowouts and such. I've got some catching up to do though, so these will get some work wear.