Happy Jeans - Tcb 20s contest thread

Got my 20s 3 days ago.  Soaked them the day before yesterday, and wore them for the first day yesterday.  I sized up on these to get the farmer's look and to be comfortable with my current situation (broken foot/orthoboot).  I thought I had ordered a 32, but got a 33 in the mail instead.  That's fine, although they are definitely big.  I soaked them for almost 3 hours, putting in more hot water and agitating when the water cooled off a bit.  Then line dried them.  Yesterday, was my first day in them.  Super comfy, super stretchy.  My wallet is stretching the pocket out and it's not that heavy of a wallet!  I can't wait until they settle a bit and start to look more molded to me.  Hopefully over time.  Today I worked and wore them the entire day.  We had a home staging project, so I was on the floor cleaning up after the movers.  They were great for today.  

Edited by srudy

Four rolls is a lot but the extra bulk looks good IMO, as I mentioned I wish I had more length to play with ;) But they may continue shrinking so I'd wait if a hem is really necessary.

Chilling out of 2017 yesterday night with a good book and doggy balls by side...

2017-12-30_23_59_43.thumb.jpg.5e8e9fe2673597fbab863c84739fba4e.jpg

nice posts all!

super hard to follow doggy ball style!

uncle karl; those shots and tcb uniform / team shots are incredible

i am sorry to have ducked out of the full tcb tux; choosing lvc type i was a question of cone denim memorial and shorter body proportions desires

great news on deliveries and fits (as ever; much love for farmers fittings)

i have been greatly enjoying folded cuff of late...

anyhoo pic dump to end the year;

a few days past

feeling atmospheric

walking shots

suns, shoes and double cuffs

a 940 encountered in the wild

seafaring tat, paraphernalia and grizzles

IMG_5965.JPG

IMG_5966.JPG

IMG_5972.JPG

IMG_5988.JPG

IMG_6015.JPG

IMG_6024.JPG

IMG_6038.JPG

IMG_6051.JPG

IMG_6064.JPG

IMG_6066.JPG

IMG_6067.JPG

IMG_6069.JPG

IMG_6072.JPG

5 hours ago, volvo240thebest said:

@MasonAlexander super perfect fit!

Try a folded cuff and see if you can get rid of some of the bulkiness, otherwise hem!

Thank you! Im glad I went with your advice of maybe sizing down 1 from my usual TCB size because I think that if would not have done that, they would have ended up being a little too big for my liking. 

Im at a little bit of a cross roads with them currently though. I have them in for a wash and dry again right now to see if I can potentially get a little more shrink out of them. If they dont lose any more length, I am going to have to hem another 2 or 3 inches off of them I suppose. Although I do always try to run a heavy cuff (wide, 2 roll), what I have going on now is far too much

Good news on my end! I mean... only good news for me and to no benefit of anybody else I suppose.. BUT! I put the jeans through another wash/dry cycle this morning and they shrunk up the last little bit for me, making them pretty much perfect to my liking now.

On another note.. this contest thread is making me really wish that I had access to a better camera. A few years back I had a ton of photo gear and was doing lots of photography jobs, now I am down to nothing but the ol' Iphone 7. So dont expect any amazing photo submissions from me I suppose

Snapseed.jpg

Snapseed.jpg

9 hours ago, unders said:

大きな競争と糸、私は傍観者から見て楽しんでいます。 

@Uncle Karl  あなたのInstagramアカウントにあなたがブログを持っていることが分かりました。私たちが見ることができるように、ブログへのリンクを投稿してください。どうもありがとう! 

I am not me. This is @kameisenpai's blog of Instagram!

11 hours ago, unders said:

大きな競争と糸、私は傍観者から見て楽しんでいます。 

@Uncle Karl  あなたのInstagramアカウントにあなたがブログを持っていることが分かりました。私たちが見ることができるように、ブログへのリンクを投稿してください。どうもありがとう! 

I am sorry but I am not doing a blog. That means that the blog of Kamei Senpai has been updated.

https://kameshu.amebaownd.com/

was driving from Sacramento back to the Bay Area when we saw all these birds doing the whole synchronized flying thing.  Honestly, it was amazing to see, even when viewed from a car.  Traffic was slowing to watch the spectacle.  This pic doesnt do it justice as this is when they all broke up and right before they regrouped.  Literally hundreds of thousands of birds.  

Happy new year everyone

Celebrated at friends' a short walk from our place, took the car there last night and left it

Good excuse for a walk to clear the head from last night's alcohol and gunpowder fumes

And an imitation of bartle style photo dump of landscape and shadows

And trash from fireworks

NUNl7FQ.jpg

UrkJdxG.jpg

JgG4Fgn.jpg

B1lmBMX.jpg

uZZJ1j8.jpg

^^ most enjoyable 

love very much to see surroundings and framings that are not picture perfection

but rather the ephemera and perspectives we often miss or ignore...

some shots for the new year:

a rare wearing of stan smiths and the trash among the beauty of local floral transience

in response to @MJF9 enjoyment of blue flecks: the garment now dry, and more blue streaks this time inside canvas pocket bags

and as a finale:

uncovered an old badge rummaging in furniture, thought to show this along my nationally endowed right to wear the tuxedo

oh canada... [even obliging with a deep indigo travel document to accompany...]

IMG_6204.jpg

IMG_6210.jpg

IMG_6213.jpg

IMG_6229.jpg

IMG_6235.jpg

IMG_6237.jpg

IMG_6240.jpg

I planted lavender in our front yard in hopes it will keep the wildlife away. Honestly I just wanted to keep things from shitting in my yard. Only I have that Privilege. Anyways, one section we planted some random shrub and it has attracted monarch butterflies for the past 2 years and the caterpillars love it 

991CF68F-7BFE-44B3-836B-3F58FB1172F6.jpeg