Happy Jeans - Tcb 20s contest thread

On 12/15/2017 at 4:37 PM, mandel9000 said:

I’m heading back home tomorrow, here’s what happened the last few days. 

Trip to the castle in Carcassonne. Hope they’ve made movies there, it looks so much like a set that it almost seems fake.

178DAA2C-135D-4F85-9263-16A5840EA255.thumb.jpeg.4eaa242237f78eff8066fa20ee23e1be.jpeg

C224E459-FCA3-4A9A-8ED4-65B04909E9AA.thumb.jpeg.5b38ee5962022174937ba1468e909fd4.jpeg

Carcassone was largely rebuilt by Viollet-le-Duc in the XIXth Century. He's thought to have rebuilt it according to his ideas of what it should look like, rather than what it *was* like. Still an awesome place (also a fun board game BTW).

sharp fit @erk

sending out request for all those who have yet to share fit pix to give it a go!!!

and great link @MileHighEvertonian a fascinating read

still round the relatives, spending time looking thru a nice indigo history by jenny balfour-paul, price pix include a japanese fireman's helmet from turn of 20th century, a caricature of william morris in his indigo uniform, a fragment of marbled indigo fabric from 1860s liberia or gambia, a dyer's samples of tones in woad and indigo from 1744

IMG_5948.JPG

IMG_5951.JPG

IMG_5952.JPG

IMG_5955.JPG

Edited by bartlebyyphonics

6 hours ago, volvo240thebest said:

Super fit @erk

I'd mark it down as a sizing triumph!

:D:D:D

Haha yeah. it worked out perfectly especially considering that I waffled back and forth 3-4 times and dropped out of the contest and joined again all in PMs with Volvo at like 3am. I really like the fit though. I got a nice fitted topblock as I was looking for. Good height on the rise and the length worked out fine. Fabric is amazing looking - beautiful deep inky indigo with some excellent texture. My one complaint has been mentioned before - back pockets are just a touch too small. My wallet fits fine and seems to stay but my phone sticks out about a quarter inch above the top of the pocket. It’s hardly even an issue. 

Wooohooooooooo! Got them!!!! 

For some reason, I can’t upload photos here, but I put some on IG.

Edited by srudy

First day in the 20's, great cut and the denim is quite nice. Feels heavier than 12 oz. IMO, maybe closer to 14 oz. or so.
The cut is slimmer than I thought it would be, but it makes for a nice straight cut. I suppose I could've sized up for a true 20's fit, but I'm happy with how they turned out.
Also the inseam length came out perfectly.
xO6ToMz.jpg

8 hours ago, bartlebyyphonics said:

nice! is that full tcb comp. tux? looking pretty fly...

Indeed it is. Got my jacket earlier in the spring from my mates at http://goteborgmanufaktur.se/ 

Got some promising fades on the jacket although not visible on the picture. I think the 20/30s denim works perfectly for a jacket that requires more beating than a pair of jeans to wear in.

Really good fit @Broark... they'll likely expand quite a bit, quite quickly which might make them more like what you were expecting... the denim has a lot of stretch based on what I've experienced...

@Bobbo that's a very fetching blue Stressless your folk's have there... I do enjoy Stressless armchairs for all manner of recumbency... the horizontal, sort-of floating position on mine has served me well this holiday period...

@Uncle Karl how I wish I could attend the "tcb adult society myself" :D
Inoue's 20s jeans look fabulous!

Just got back my White's semidress after a resole job which took forever (but was worth it at least).

_DSC3365_LR.thumb.jpg.60e739e6a9faee57cced6b69a2cfe65a.jpg

Dr Sole raw cord full soles and black rubber heels installed, as well as some fresh RW laces (finally got rid of the flimsy White's laces, God know why they don't up their lame lace game!). I'll put more pics in the appropriate thread.

I feel like the don of the hood with my SD's and TCB 20's haha!

P_20171229_093545_vHDR_Auto-01.thumb.jpeg.d289060b4397bf164491ac2e4c7df953.jpeg.c720df641c774d0706997ebe9c875876.jpeg

13 hours ago, volvo240thebest said:

@Uncleカール  私は「自分のTCB大人の社会」に出席ことができることを望むか  :D
のジーンズは素晴らしい見て、井上さん20代!

永遠に(しかし、少なくともそれの価値があった)レゾール仕事の後、私のホワイトのセミドレスをちょうど戻しました。

_DSC3365_LR.thumb.jpg.60e739e6a9faee57cced6b69a2cfe65a.jpg

博士ソール生コードの完全な足の裏と黒のゴム製かかとインストールだけでなく、いくつかの新鮮なRWレースは(最終的には薄っぺらな白のレースを処分した、彼らは彼らのラメレースゲームまでない理由を神は知っています!)。私は適切なスレッドにもっと写真を載せます。

私は私のSDとTCB 20のハハのフードのドンのように感じる!

P_20171229_093545_vHDR_Auto-01.thumb.jpeg.d289060b4397bf164491ac2e4c7df953.jpeg.c720df641c774d0706997ebe9c875876.jpeg

Thank you! Your style is simple and amazing! ! !