Happy Jeans - Tcb 20s contest thread

^ I think I should ask Inoue to stop sell contest jeans now, there is no point in a contest where there is more than 2 months hiatus between the first round of contestants and the second.

19 hours ago, volvo240thebest said:

^私は井上にコンテストジーンズの販売を中止するよう求めなければならないと思う。第1ラウンドの競技者と第2ラウンドの間に2ヶ月以上の休憩があるコンテストには何のポイントもない。

If participation deadline is decided, please report it!

Mine are supposed to be here today! I’ve got some catching up to do!!!!

Edited by srudy

On 12/20/2017 at 6:59 PM, nycsurfer530 said:

5EE1B991-D2E8-4EE4-9158-01D7AE7A796C.jpeg

Did you pick that last little bit out of the arcuates? I was nervous to do it at first but its separate from the "authentic" arcs.

I've been busy working 60 hour work weeks and feel lame for not posting as much pictures as Id like to be. I'm hoping to take some pictures this weekend when ive finally got some time off. This pair has definitely been the fastest fading ive had ever maybe. Ive been wearing them everyday to work underneath overalls and at the end of everyday im surprised i can see that indigo loss. 

I started following all the japanese competitors on instagram that pop up in my explore and would happy to follow anyone else im missing, my handle is johnbluejean if anyone wants to follow. 

xmas fever building, food fighting

a welcome visit to favorite fishmonger

beaucoup fresh full range

salmon buying frenzy for most

got meeself artic char to freeze then eat with pickles later on

witnessed the most expensive lettuce on earth (higher markup than csf?)

and red mullet for eating raw and fried rite now

& some pickling and a favorite recipe (works on turnips and carrots; add mucho seeds, fennel, fenugreek, star anise etc.)

plus jawns (comp to lvc 36 jkt denim)

IMG_5822.JPG

IMG_5823.JPG

IMG_5825.JPG

IMG_5820.JPG

IMG_5826.JPG

IMG_5849.JPG

IMG_5843.JPG

IMG_5854.JPG

IMG_5860.JPG

IMG_5829.JPG

2 hours ago, not too tight said:

Did you pick that last little bit out of the arcuates? I was nervous to do it at first but its separate from the "authentic" arcs.

Yeah I just took scissors to the bottom part of the arc then pulled the loose threads out. Inoue definitely made it easy and safe to alter the arcs without damaging the other part 

Looks like mine are held up in LA. I called DHL and they said they’d deliver them a day or 2 after Christmas. 

7402F037-7810-407C-951E-AB0BC5247A63.png

Howdy everybody.
I'm super sick at home facing the worse case of man flu ever...Haven't experienced a flu in a couple years I think and quite frankly I don't remember anything like this, I'm KO...

meanwhile I wish all of you a great, full mullet-mode-on, Xmas:

Can't rep Wham but get better Volvo!

Made a last stroll over a few of the Christmas markets in town today. It used to be that 23.12. would be an evening for going out big time, meeting up with tons of old school friends who are back in town over Christmas - now that we're all older and/or parents we just had a few grilled sausages and mugs of mulled wine to safely be home by 19:00 :D  

I don't know how my wife does it but with the way she holds the phone when you ask her to take your picture to show to those internet denim weirdos she always screws up the proportions :rolleyes:

2017-12-23_16_29_47.thumb.jpg.6b4db76bc0e5ad08741a566312d57fa2.jpg

Here's a few impressions of Christmassy Regensburg. As usual the weather, after a few cold days in early December, got back to pretty mild in time for Christmas, so no snow.

2017-12-23_16_22_47.thumb.jpg.b3ae3235bf200fa99cc3b6852b025280.jpg

2017-12-23_16_24_12.thumb.jpg.d21b4eb31d5ed3d88aa8c41a9279a19c.jpg

2017-12-23_16_31_11.thumb.jpg.20c20dc85200961dc8eeaef62d338474.jpg

2017-12-23_17_01_17.thumb.jpg.b8dff2365436ca2509da8dc94a746149.jpg

Since it got dark it's all just shitty phone potato quality... 

This is the "official" city Christmas tree (town hall to the right, seat of the Eternal Diet of the Holy Roman Empire on the left)

2017-12-23_17_21_28.thumb.jpg.20cb6df1c384c963296bc7d078445a90.jpg

Glimpses of the cathedral

2017-12-23_17_29_00.thumb.jpg.e94d5c531cfdacb862e880d0c1ccd811.jpg

This market isn't the most beautiful, but the largest of all the Christmas markets around town. It's horribly crowded and terrible to navigate with a kid in a stroller, but there's lots of great (mostly sausage-based) food.

2017-12-23_18_04_07.thumb.jpg.70315046cd8fa25a9695d152c9100d6e.jpg

2017-12-23_16_46_09.thumb.jpg.81aebe3b4908f0bb12c95fcfaa42ad84.jpg

7 hours ago, mandel9000 said:

Home for Chrismas, braving the elements.

A bit nicer today, as seen from my mother's apartment. This is about as light as it gets these two months without sun. Well, that's not completely true, because even though the sun doesn't rise above the horizon between November and January 21st, we still see a bit of sunlight...for an hour, maybe, during the middle of the day. 

I checked the 7 day forecast before I left Oslo and it said it was going to rain the whole time so I didn't bother with ski equipment. Now I deeply regret it, perfect conditions. Can I sue?

Oh my, I cannot imagine having 1 hour of sun for 3 months.  How do you manage?

feel better @volvo240thebest

Ever sine I have had kids its a fucking Christmas tradition for me to be sick as a dog and this year has not failed to deliver.  Thankfuly I seem to be on the mend but two nights ago I was coughing for literally 2 hours straight.  By the time I was done my body felt like I had refused someone who made me an offer I wasnt supposed to refuse.  

17 minutes ago, garden gnomes in space said:

Oh my, I cannot imagine having 1 hour of sun for 3 months.  How do you manage?

Good question! Not that it makes much difference, but it’s actually “just” two months. I was born here and grew up with it and can’t say I thought a lot about it then. I was just used to it, I guess. Plus there’s an equal amount of time with 24h sun in summer to make up for it. 

To be fair I moved south to Oslo once I finished high school more than a decade and a half ago, and only visited for 1-2 weeks at a time since. That’s ok, even a little exotic, but more time here in winter would depress me a little, I think. 

Anybody have a contact for Jason? I emailed in reply to my invoice thinking that would work but I haven’t heard anything. Looking for a tracking number cause I’m gonna be out of town for a few days 

edit : alright I’m a doofus. That email address I have is just a paypal service address. Anybody got a real one? 

Edited by erk

42 minutes ago, erk said:

Anybody have a contact for Jason? I emailed in reply to my invoice thinking that would work but I haven’t heard anything. Looking for a tracking number cause I’m gonna be out of town for a few days 

edit : alright I’m a doofus. That email address I have is just a paypal service address. Anybody got a real one? 

Check your pms

It's a Christmas miracle!

Please excuse the weird camera angle and wedgie, caught the last bit of sunlight and I'm about to hit the road to Houston so I wanted to throw these in the wash so they'll be dry when I get back in a couple of days. Glad to be a part of this contest. :D
2pJkx9F.jpg

Edited by Broark