Happy Jeans - Tcb 20s contest thread

a post postponed by snow excitement 

a little more life-work

whilst rolling heavier doublecuff

more disciplined, less avantgarde, more romantic 

[listen: giselle, witness: a few arabesques...]

motion studies, fluff across dimensions - aesthetic and material, legs legs legs

and of course enjoying the long winter shadow

IMG_5446.JPG

IMG_5458.JPG

IMG_5459.JPG

IMG_5471.JPG

IMG_5494.JPG

IMG_5497.JPG

IMG_5509.JPG

On 12/8/2017 at 2:22 PM, garden gnomes in space said:

its great but I wouldnt buy it solely for your Fuji.  The 1.5x crop factor makes it function roughly the same as a 50mm in full frame terms.    Its about $1000 new.  I use it for film work with my Leica M6.  The Fuji 23mm f2 is an awesome lens and its on my XPro2 99% of the time.  I think its a bit wider than 35, about 33mm if you wanna pick nits.  

just placed an order through B&H for the 23 f2, can't wait to post some photos with it!

^That's a bummer, erk. But this is no sprint, after all. If it were, then we'd all get "dusted" by @Uncle Karl, who is well on his way to achieving a pair that looks more like something unearthed from a long-abandoned silver mine than anything that could actually be worn at the end of the contest.

In the meantime, enjoy your furniture while it's still unscathed!

Edited by MileHighEvertonian

7 hours ago, MileHighEvertonian said:

^それはバマー、エールだ。しかし、これは結局スプリントではありません。もしそうだったら、私たちは皆、@ Uncle Karlによって、「ほこりがついた」ようになるだろう。彼は、長い間放棄された銀鉱山から発掘されたもののようにコンテストの終わり。

それまでの間、あなたの家具を楽しんでください。

Yes! I am aiming for jeans that have become terrible like I found in coal mines!

55 minutes ago, MileHighEvertonian said:

^be careful foxy or @bartlebyyphonics will have no choice but to declare you a confessing animal participating in your own surveillance.

us, posting pictures of ourselves is effectively self-surveillance, right?

Happy news for the Happy jeans thread: 15 days before the end of the work contract (in pure bunga bunga land fashion) an Italian peasant has been confirmed as director of a posh chamber music festival for another three years with a substantial improvement of wage.

Quality entertainment for elderly German tourists in Northern Italy has been secured!

Time to do what Italian peasants do when work goes well, buy a flashy Rolex haha! [kidding].

On 15 December 2017 at 3:02 PM, MileHighEvertonian said:

^be careful foxy or @bartlebyyphonics will have no choice but to declare you a confessing animal participating in your own surveillance.

I am sorry if any of my posts, or my style of posting, have caused offence or self-policing. All here have my respect. No hate from me.

Spoiler

in regards to animalistic-ness

certainly the very nature of clothing points beyond any notion of animality

(to think of a biblical parallel, it is with the attainment of knowledge that clothes - as attendants of shame - appear but also clothes point precisely to our self-awareness as ‘selves’ wedded to bodies seen in public)

certainly some models of marxist dogma point to the ‘sleeping masses’ possessed by a ‘herd mentality’[a nietzschean conceit re: slave morality & christianity] who must be awoken but this is not my intention whatsoever, apologies if my gnomic pronouncements make it seem so… i try to participate and self-implicate, not pontificate, nor eviscerate, but lines blurrr

certainly most people reading this forum and thread, let alone posting on this thread and participating in this contest are far from asleep nor are they animals

to be here, imo, indicates a thorough understanding of many many many & multivalent facets of consumption (which constitutes our cultural environment and dictates to a large degree the possible forms of social relation available to us) as well as an appreciation of history and workwear heritage, love of design, detailed workmanship and the like; indicating a pretty high degree of self-reflexivity, commitment to detail and craft, dissatisfaction with unethical fashion practices and also an interest in actively constituting and contributing to self-organised community based on shared interests and practices…

this thread as example thereof... 

certainly in terms of self-surveillance; much like the context of consumption; this is our condition as much as anything else; social media as a form of self-publishing and self-promotion also goes hand-in-hand with a possible expansion in modes of communication and expanded models of sociality… 

there is much to explore here (so very much of it positive, some of it contradictions that most often reflect the contradictions of a wider context) and i wish to be as open as possible in my engagement and i do not wish to limit the conditions of possibility of expression nor to limit anyone’s enjoyment or participation of the forum, of the thread or of the competition.

if i have done, i offer my apologies.

but to keep to my friday update and confessional proclamation:

my usual indigo uniform du jour

lvc type i w. contest jawns

a walk across my favourite bridge

waterloo from north to south

offering great views west to east

checking dramatic clouds and warming light temperature of setting sun

the sky-line a frenzy of construction

optics

london as a realtor’s town…

my bus-reading’s front-page offering a bitter conjoinment of capitalist realism

anxiety, delight, despairing entertainment: given form in pulsatile rendition

property, fashion and celebrity

spectacle, urbanism and the colonisation of everyday life?

forget debord and lefebvre?

nevrar!

IMG_5678.jpg

IMG_5684.jpg

IMG_5685.jpg

IMG_5687.jpg

IMG_5689.jpg

IMG_5692.jpg

IMG_5698.jpg

IMG_5699.jpg

IMG_5695.jpg

IMG_5700.jpg

IMG_5701.jpg

Edited by bartlebyyphonics

3 hours ago, volvo240thebest said:

Happy news for the Happy jeans thread: 15 days before the end of the work contract (in pure bunga bunga land fashion) an Italian peasant has been confirmed as director of a posh chamber music festival for another three years with a substantial improvement of wage.

Quality entertainment for elderly German tourists in Northern Italy has been secured!

Time to do what Italian peasants do when work goes well, buy a flashy Rolex haha! [kidding].

VERY HAPPY NEWS INDEED!

53 minutes ago, bartlebyyphonics said:

I am sorry if any of my posts, or my style of posting, have caused offence or self-policing. All here have my respect. No hate from me.

I don’t thinks so - at least not from my side!

3 hours ago, bartlebyyphonics said:

No offense at all. My post was meant in jest with perhaps a touch of sarcasm (that I didn't make that clearer was my fault). foxy's choice of words ('confession') simply had me thinking some light foucault allusions ought to be next in line after the marx, gramsci, agamben, etc. that have come to circulate here and in the regular tcb thread.