Happy Jeans - Tcb 20s contest thread

Fresh out of the dryer— I can’t let @aho be the only serial washer/dryer! More pics to come later with my real camera but evo is crazy fast compared to other TCB fabrics. 

Edited by nycsurfer530
. . .

Gwan dad faderz! I'm resolute to not wash for a while, we'll see in the long run....

I'm too swamped with work to manage posting decent denim pics these, days, I'll work on it in the next few days hopefully...

Meanwhile some stage action featuring my extra long black flute (haha) and some cuffology/bootology, and yet another crap fit pic from this morning

A6ySrcy.jpg

pNSLfKG.jpg

Edited by volvo240thebest

&

has anyone any thoughts on the weaving / construction of the fabric?

with the 50s the irregularities popped out pretty quick: 20s fabric has them more quietly hidden it seems... (some sly little horizontal shudders awaiting revelation?)

posting 2x tcb20s weave details

IMG_5124.JPG

IMG_5125.JPG

comp. to nearest 2x temporal neighbours in the lvc-cone line-up:

first 201 (to which it seems remarkably similar)

IMG_5122.JPG

and then 1915

IMG_5123.JPG

then an example of 50s irregularities we all know and love...

IMG_5145.JPG

IMG_5147.JPG

Edited by bartlebyyphonics

8 hours ago, Foxy2 said:

If we are the Leisure Class I wonder what our wives are wearing?

maybe we should post a picture of of their typical outfits to document similarities or difference to our tour gear...

My wife has a tcb 50s boys jacket. Maybe I’ll get a picture of her wearing it with me and the 20s. 

On 11/20/2017 at 12:16 PM, Paul T said:

Thought you might appreciate the sight of some tweed, Erk. This one's a bit neglected, pulled it out this weekend and want to get it back into regular use again.

champ.jpg

xpkOq4h.jpg

meant to post this a while back but got side tracked. @Paul T may have himself a super cool tweed champ - but does he have a super weird '65 univox U-45b? This is all I've got in the way of vintage amps. Its pretty fun though. Had it all recapped and tubed when I got it ( and rigged it up with an ext. cab jack too - haven't tried it yet though.)  

yesyesyes, super-jealous! That's beautiful.

I'm having to make some heavy decisions to maintain my guitar fleet. Think my tagged Valencia 55s might have to go to help pay for my Jazzmaster refinish. PLus other stuff I guess. I know also some people sold their Roys, how much did they fetch?

5 minutes ago, Paul T said:

yesyesyes, super-jealous! That's beautiful.

I'm having to make some heavy decisions to maintain my guitar fleet. Think my tagged Valencia 55s might have to go to help pay for my Jazzmaster refinish. PLus other stuff I guess. I know also some people sold their Roys, how much did they fetch?

Guitar maintenance can be a real bank buster. I’ve got a Gretsch that needs new frets really bad. It’s just sittin there waiting for me :( 

I sold my Roy’s fairly cheap to a denimbro member. I didn’t want to make a bunch of money off of them just wanted to keep them in the community. Those were higher minded days. Now I probably wouldn’t have done that. 

RAF suspenders in unused condition arrived today:

2017-12-01_14_18_19.thumb.jpg.ed78694655d92e1be83ed23ed4b82a46.jpg

I like them better than the Czech army ones - leather instead of faux leather and most importantly, they lie flat against back and belly. The Czech ones are sewn in a way that makes for strange protrusions that are uncomfortable when worn. I hope this pic shows what I'm talking about:

2017-12-01_15_21_36.thumb.jpg.6d41d8044fdaaa186ddeb0c9a4745ff2.jpg

And here's an unconnected fit pic from earlier this week

2017-11-30_10_57_38.thumb.jpg.c311defdc921d8c7d31a2072a6528389.jpg

6 hours ago, volvo240thebest said:

Gwan dad faderz! I'm resolute to not wash for a while, we'll see in the long run....

I'm too swamped with work to manage posting decent denim pics these, days, I'll work on it in the next few days hopefully...

Meanwhile some stage action featuring my extra long black flute (haha) and some cuffology/bootology, and yet another crap fit pic from this morning

A6ySrcy.jpg

pNSLfKG.jpg

STOP IMAGINING YOUR FLUTE AS A DICK VOLVO THATS DISGUSTING!!!!

33 minutes ago, Broark said:

What pairs and what size? I'm always looking for old Roy that I don't have...

It's the Roy contest ones. They will essentially be 32/33 or so.

...although as I post them, I"m not sure if I can sell them. I actually designed the fabric (with Ralph Tharpe), when the hell will that ever happen again?...

Frontall.jpg

back.jpg

Edited by Paul T

1 hour ago, Cucoo said:

It's not really an upgrade price wise, got them for a similar amount of like €13 including shipping. They work fine, but I doubt the "one size fits all", I've extended them all the way and they fit but they shouldn't be any shorter.

Yeah, I'm actually eyeballing some brooks brothers ones. There's a BB store in town here, so I can check them out in person and then hunt down a pair I like on ebay (sticker price is much too high).  

3 hours ago, Paul T said:

It's the Roy contest ones. They will essentially be 32/33 or so.

...although as I post them, I"m not sure if I can sell them. I actually designed the fabric (with Ralph Tharpe), when the hell will that ever happen again?...

Frontall.jpg

back.jpg

If you do sell them, think of me....

lol!

the arcs so fine the proportion seems wrong with the added danglers (with additions gone the reach up / lift of the arcs freed visually; aesthetics n eye of the beholder)

gonna go with one levis on one fc-ish on the other for a little while

Edited by bartlebyyphonics

I don't think this needs reiteration, but Sir Paul T, DO NOT SELL YOUR CONTEST ROYS! 

Too much sentimental and historical value there, particularly given your involvement. It's my only regret in my denim life, selling off my pair.......

Side note: My pair is developing some really lovely train tracks! It's also hard to keep track of all the great posts on here since it's so active, but that's a good thing!

Edited by aho