Happy Jeans - Tcb 20s contest thread

^ nice

a day of symposium-ism

vauxhall

london

gasworks [a gallery, situated nr some ex-gasworks]

nr. oval, some cricket shite n all

a series of talks in relation to a contra-internet show by zach blas:

an artwork among other: a distributed network become 3-d and peeled…

some concepts worthy of sharing

[tell me stfu whenev’s bros]

utopian plagiarism / some other bizz around /pol/ and their ol’ kek-magic / (and where did transgression go) / … that irony and paranoia are not good bed-fellows / some dialectics between opacity and transparency / [the drone as that which makes the world transparent whilst the operator and their code of conduct is the most hidden] / the black box in original cybernetic theory as a user hooked up to a feedback system 

[hello algorithmic kultr]

a bonus chart of netflix api system alongside discussion of parametric architecture of google campus and the contemporary grammar of power

[an aesthetic question for today: how to give visible form to perplexity and irresolvability of subjectivity in these conditions]

+ jawnz!

IMG_4752.JPG

IMG_4753.JPG

IMG_4768.JPG

IMG_4770.JPG

IMG_4772.JPG

IMG_4773.JPG

IMG_4777.JPG

IMG_4779.JPG

IMG_4780.JPG

IMG_4782.JPG

IMG_4786.JPG

IMG_4789.JPG

IMG_4802.JPG

IMG_4809.JPG

IMG_4812.JPG

IMG_4815.JPG

Edited by bartlebyyphonics

^really appreciate that chapter on utopian plagiarism—relates to some research i'm doing on house and techno re theories put forth by kodwo eshun and steve goodman: audio as a virus, electronic culture as a futuristic referent to the past (sankofa), etc. thanks for the reference!

^ noice: from critical art ensemble i believe: ricardo dominguez [key member of c.a.e.] big influence for blas [seen him speak: is good]

kodwo eshun's 'more brilliant than the sun' is good read for afro-futurism via sun ra / hancock / 4 hero etc.

kode9 / steve goodman good listening [altho i feeling iglooghost most rite now for my technobabble]

one of the key discussions of the day was how might AI look back retrospectively on human culture via roko's basilisk thought experiment

[kinda the absolute opposite of the futurism eshun et al gives us]

edit: srsly wanky; but got signed copy of eshun book; he one quick talker... with good ear for a slogan

IMG_4820.JPG

Warm soaked my Johnny come not so latelys Friday evening. Only saw 1-2cm shrinkage in the measured areas (less than i expected) but left a very noticeable blue ring round the bath. (That got me a telling off).

nice and crispy after an air dry. Been wearing them since and am very happy. They were very rough on my delicate ballerina legs (the 40w must have given that away, eh) but that's not a problem.

i think I haven't got all the shrink out of them yet so I'm planning to wear them for a while then do a hot wash and machine dry. 

Sunday morning Norse Projects and Birkenstock 

IMG_4211.JPG

Question regarding the cinch back.  Is there a right or wrong way to use it?  Meaning, i see some people tucking it behind the belt loop and others over it.  Just curious if there was an intended way or if its user choice.  

@Foxy2 gotta say im really looking forward to your updates as Moscow (and Russia really) really interests me

We had an amazing weekend in Whitstable, one of the few places in the East Coast where the sun sets over the water.

It's said that Volvo's compatriot, the Emperor Claudius, invaded England based on report of the excellent oysters. Claudius was no idiot.

First lot here are Whitstable Natives. Fourth photos is of the oyster beds. More to come...

1crab.jpg

2evening.jpg

3fishandchips.jpg

4morning.jpg

5oysters.jpg

6lobster.jpg

7mussels.jpg

8evening.jpg

9queeny.jpg

Edited by Paul T

1 hour ago, garden gnomes in space said:

Question regarding the cinch back.  Is there a right or wrong way to use it?  Meaning, i see some people tucking it behind the belt loop and others over it.  Just curious if there was an intended way or if its user choice.  

@Foxy2 gotta say im really looking forward to your updates as Moscow (and Russia really) really interests me

If you want/need to wear a belt you kinda need to put it behind the belt loop, so that's the way I did it even though I don't need a belt. Not sure what the 'proper' way is.

12 hours ago, garden gnomes in space said:

this will have to wait until earlier next year - it's already getting pretty dark and cold here in Moscow.
besides, until Christmas almost all weekends are scheduled for trips to Berlin, London and Scotland. between Christmas and early next year the jeans will be seeing the Inner Hebrides and the Scottish Highlands.

nice updates all!

reporting domestic sunday bizz due to its 20s theme

visiting some newborn twins in an apartment block that strongly incorporates a bit of the ol' corbusier spirit (a 30s build of a 20s ideology)

plus cute dog, vidal sasoon wedge cut from 1974 as decoration, a decorated denim shirt

IMG_4835.JPG

IMG_4846.JPG

IMG_4888.JPG

IMG_4899.JPG

IMG_4867.JPG

IMG_4868.JPG

IMG_4907.JPG

IMG_4905.JPG

IMG_4831.JPG

Greetings from Stockholm. I traveled north to visit friends and see Joakim Thåström perform. Excellent gig as always.

The day before that we went for some beers on Söder, starting at Röda Kvarnen, a classic place where supporters of the local fotboll club Hammarby hangs out but also alot of journalists. It's been named quite a few times now during the #metoo storm but no sexual assaults to be seen this weekend.

We went on to Akkurat, my favorite bar in Stockholm which has both good food and a crazy big list of craft beers from around the world. 

Omnipollo was our final stop, a nice Stockholm based brewery that opened their own small bar on Söder with tasty pizza and rotating 10 draught beers from their own brewery and some guests. Always a treat to go here too.

Now I'm just sipping on a coffee at Johan & Nyström, waiting on my train back home to Gothenburg. 

Have a good week people!IMG_5592.thumb.JPG.4887c9930a3b71e1f6b055aa8d3aa2ab.JPGIMG_5597.thumb.JPG.c681b80e3b7dfa1967a4bd26e851aea6.JPGIMG_5599.thumb.JPG.a90675f58d8829a2e253e693bcbf062b.JPGIMG_5605.thumb.JPG.72db77041eb21e9b20219e8e5923ca1d.JPGIMG_5611.thumb.JPG.af6c8acdbc7833e1426d3eaedbdd8348.JPG

IMG_5608.JPG

Lovely updates everyone!

It seems I can't escape my typical wash routine, so my pair is continually lightening up without any contrast. At least it'll be "authentic fadez" by my standards! This is in sharp contrast with my contest Ooe's, which held on to their indigo like super glue, but I'm enjoying the ride and look forward to how they'll turn out, even if completely washed out by the end of our run!

Great updates!

Busy week at work equals few posts from me, but I do have news for the first half of December: This coming Saturday I’m joining a friend on a road trip through Sweden, Denmark, Germany and France, to arrive at our destination Céret (in the South of France quite close to the Spanish border and Barcelona) almost a week later. We’ll be traveling with a dog (a cute but horribly misbehaved shiba - the only kind, I hear) and staying in B&Bs in small towns I’ve never even heard of before. I promise lots of photos!

Our working title for the trip is “Thelma, Louise & Luna” (the shiba). We’ve already argued about who gets to be Geena Davis...

We’re stopping in Smørum (DK), passing by Hamburg and Hannover but staying in Waldeck (near WildtierPark Edersee), then through the Rhein valley (with a stop in Lorelei) and staying in Wissembourg (FR) and then Landaville. The last night before Céret will be spent in a castle in Saint-Basile. Let me know if you have any tips or insights at our stops or along the way! 

BBC19AC1-1B16-4E0A-ADDF-0D305C12C969.thumb.png.332d8df03c93f754e5c4d08396f47eff.png

My only mission is to buy a new marinière in France, I’ve worn my Armor-Lux to pieces. 

11 hours ago, nycsurfer530 said:

Was off work today so I when hiking from my place in San Francisco across the Golden Gate Bridge and up into the Marin Headlands. In all roughly 12 miles hiked- I took a cab back into the city though. One really cool thing about the Marin headlands is the abandoned military buildings from WWII as well as some other abandoned buildings atop the mountain we hiked full of graffiti. My friends dog was obsessed with hunting and would shove his head into holes. 

No denim pics but I’ll have some soon. I’ll likely give them their first was since the initial wash soon. 

Oddly enough, in the 13 years I have lived here I have never set foot up there.  Its one of those things I have been meaning to do for so long its become a sort of joke.  Some great views for sure though  

so many great updates guys!

@mandel9000 what a great plan, bring along your cat too haha!

I still have to post a couple pics from my week, need to run through the pics I've taken on camera yet.
Today's big news is that I've bought an electronic cigarette, I'll try to give up cigarettes and still cultivate my massive nicotine addiction through it. Let's see if I can handle it...

2 hours ago, garden gnomes in space said:

Oddly enough, in the 13 years I have lived here I have never set foot up there.  Its one of those things I have been meaning to do for so long its become a sort of joke.  Some great views for sure though  

It’s defintely worth the trip! Super beautiful. 

We gotta get a 20s meetup!

2 minutes ago, Broark said:

Can’t wait to get my pair, hopefully Jason sends me a tracking number soon. :ph34r: I think I’m the only Texas contestant? Gotta go to a ranch for full 20’s vibes. 

:D Too bad we didn't have the 20s yet last May when I was on vacation in Texas - didn't have time the time to even think of scheduling any meetups but I would've tried harder for a TCB 20s meetup ;)

3 hours ago, volvo240thebest said:

Today's big news is that I've bought an electronic cigarette, I'll try to give up cigarettes and still cultivate my massive nicotine addiction through it. Let's see if I can handle it...

Both my wife and me have switched back to cigarettes after trying e-cigs multiple times... there's just something an e-cig cannot replace. But best of luck to you ;)