Happy Jeans - Tcb 20s contest thread

So how many do you have then (and how many did you sell)?! We need to know, as it's always a good yardstick when we are challenged by significant others - "Well, if you think I'm bad, there's this other bloke on an Internet forum who has denim jackets and pairs of jeans"!

8 hours ago, Maynard Friedman said:

So how many do you have then (and how many did you sell)?! We need to know, as it's always a good yardstick when we are challenged by significant others - "Well, if you think I'm bad, there's this other bloke on an Internet forum who has denim jackets and pairs of jeans"!

You'll get no enabling from me my friend. I think I have three original  70505, might have charity-shopped one or two of those, plus a great, knackered Lee Rider which I gave to nipper, who also has a lovely 50s Maverick. Not too bad, eh? We won't mention the Rickson armourer's top, TCB navy jumper, but that could well be that.

@nycsurfer, looking great!

5 hours ago, garden gnomes in space said:

how are you guys already getting rusty buttons?  I have washed mine 2x and have only gone 1 day without wearing since arrival and the buttons look like they were just polished

Did you air dry?

I don't think they'll rust from wear.

19 hours ago, Topgearskin said:

They've arrived (*loud cheer*)

there are only a few better text messages than "there's a parcel here for you from Japan"

very impressed so far, will do the traditional fit evaluation in due course. 

Those early contestants (I'd presume) would be pleased to know that Johnny come lately doesn't get the indigo pocket bags, so the twenty are still "the twenty"

doesnt detract for me, really pleased to jump on when I did.

Woah, wait. Some people from the 2nd batch are getting their jeans already? Does this mean that mine could arrive soon. I better start calling in sick to work so I can wait by the door for the package

how disgraceful that no one has been posting on this thread for 3 hours ?!?

little bit of a real life update for you fine guys...

I'm at the beginning of a wee little tour between Italy and France with one of my best musical mates and friends this guy here!

U26nNRH.jpg

known as either Mad Mike or Princess...an incredible guitarist, although he looks like a total naff guy. We go very well together. My problem with musical colleagues is that I'm too eccentric for many of them, well this guy is more eccentric than me...

we starfted off with a very nice house concert in Provence, hosted by lovely people.

NwXPO3M.jpg

few piccies of that posh provençal villa

mEcr13h.jpg

qmPNJjk.jpg

xaOwGR8.jpg

qOSXiJc.jpg

exceptional synthetic men care products delivery from Glasgow:

abYhGuk.jpg

I'm a big fan of that minty tea tree shower gel, also known as "THE BALL TINGLER". Makes start the day with a chuckle (and tingling balls haha!).
Perhaps you may want to read this extremely hilarious article about the ball tingler gel shower:

https://m.facebook.com/iknowineedtostoptalkingblog/photos/a.1170993456244856.1073741827.197680063576205/1518578458153019/?type=3

Totally addicted to the petroleum jelly lip balm as well. Best stuff I've found in an entire life of search to keep my lips supple enough to play the flute (Maynard I wrote this for you)

Jeans!

6l2o0OE.jpg

Edited by volvo240thebest

Great stuff vulva and thank you, I'm addicted to that lip balm with aloe vera too ('Allo Vera!).

Is Provence the Tuscany of France or is it the other way round? Both are European boltholes for the chattering classes in the UK, so I'm sure you fit in very well :P

Edited by Maynard Friedman

19 hours ago, garden gnomes in space said:

how are you guys already getting rusty buttons?  I have washed mine 2x and have only gone 1 day without wearing since arrival and the buttons look like they were just polished

Most of my rusting happened when I threw my jeans in the wash and accidentally I left them overnight in the washer before drying. 

Edited by nycsurfer530

8 hours ago, volvo240thebest said:

I'm a big fan of that minty tea tree shower gel, also known as "THE BALL TINGLER". Makes start the day with a chuckle (and tingling balls haha!).
Perhaps you may want to read this extremely hilarious article about the ball tingler gel shower:

https://m.facebook.com/iknowineedtostoptalkingblog/photos/a.1170993456244856.1073741827.197680063576205/1518578458153019/?type=3

lol. and thank you for confirming my suspicion finally that beneath your macho macho man taobao flute farmer exterior there's a delicate front bottom just waitin to be tingled, vulva! :D 

dis thread takin care of bizniz every day!

9 hours ago, volvo240thebest said:

abYhGuk.jpg

Haha! i can 1000% confirmed this as i experience it first hand. That one time i got to a gym and forgot to bring my toiletries that i need to borrow me friend a shower gel and he hand over the gel without saying anything about it and i swear it was very uncomfortable feeling, i nag like a bitch for the rest of day and never again.

^

nice posts!

in honour of mighty rusty buttons and food pix provided by @nycsurfer530 and @aho 

i post some rust and food preparation tools patina

an old rusty car seen in kent coast this summer; never seen such a finish before! (apologies for non-tcb outfit)

patina on carbon steel usuba and funayuki; a medley of blues and more... 

edit: in case you think i total psycho (i am, but...) - here is link to whole kitchen knife patina thread on other forum: like jeans fading, but for chefs...

IMG_2524.jpg

IMG_2530.jpg

IMG_2531.jpg

IMG_4733.JPG

IMG_4739.JPG

IMG_4747.JPG

Edited by bartlebyyphonics

I believe most of us will get the obsession with patina, rust & knives.

personally, I have been looking into knives fairly the other day - will have to get a basic forged kit and learn to use and sharpen them...

^ nice: a rabbit hole awaits

basic tip: carbon steel easier to sharpen (and keeps edge much longer) than stainless steel, but needs to be kept dry (but if rust rather than patina does form, 'bar keepers friend' quickly removes it)

k-sabatier does 'au carbone' line and of japanese knife style, nakiri is the easiest shape to start learning sharpening with (one straight edge, no belly or tip) - but no rock cutting, just chop (a nakiri partners well with a utility or 'petty')

a combination stone of 1000/3000 is a good starting investment (lower grits are to quickly add edge, reshape and fix chips - but can remove too much metal whilst learning - higher grits for polishing and extreme edges)

but; back to tcb; my buttons not rusted yet, that's for sure... 

Greetings from Verona. Tonight I play here and some local friends organized a visit to the Cantina Sociale di Valpolicella where I had the most appropriate ore gig wine tasting...

_DSC3230.JPG

_DSC3233.JPG

_DSC3243.JPG

_DSC3226.JPG

_DSC3234.JPG

_DSC3241-01.jpeg

Edited by volvo240thebest