Happy Jeans - Tcb 20s contest thread

As usual the selvedge run in Berlin fall right in the middle of the deadlines of the two most difficult funding applications I do for my work, the most hectic time of the year... I'll see what I can do but if I can make it it will be a last minute decision...

3 hours ago, volvo240thebest said:

not time for jeans evo, but here's some daughter evo. Jeans are 20s of course!

[damn she was born just before the 50s contest...now that I think about it...]

IMG-20171119-WA0002.jpg

think mine was born right around that time too.  I remember my initial fit pics were in her room with crib or changing table and all the gear that comes with it.  

We have another due in April, so it TCB has been present in one form or another for both kids. 

Edited by garden gnomes in space

35 minutes ago, garden gnomes in space said:

think mine was born right around that time too.  I remember my initial fit pics were in her room with crib or changing table and all the gear that comes with it.  

We have another due in April, so it TCB has been present in one form or another for both kids. 

congrats @garden gnomes in space great news. Know yet if it's going to be a boy or a girl this time?

23 minutes ago, nycsurfer530 said:

Little warmer in SF today, so wearing with green polka dot s/s shirt. 

IMG_2917.JPG

I wish I had sized my inseam the same as you, that nonchalant single cuff it's the bees knees for these jeans imo!

7 minutes ago, Topgearskin said:

Another 40w checking in. Delighted to get in under the wire.

last contest was with the Circle A d33s so looking forward to joining in here

great to have you in! Did you get in touch directly with Jason about the order?

^^  @Topgearskingreat, just wanted to make sure everything is fine re order!

Once I have the full Japanese contingent/last minute orders deets I'll update the OP with the definitive list of contestants. I hope to convince some of the Japanese guys to post here from time to time...

Edited by volvo240thebest

4 hours ago, Paul T said:

Great to see you on board guys.

Erk, I went down a size because I'd worn the contest pair; I like the fit this way but enjoyed the 1 size up fit just as much, it feels more 1920s.

Thought you might appreciate the sight of some tweed, Erk. This one's a bit neglected, pulled it out this weekend and want to get it back into regular use again.

champ.jpg

paulT you dirty dog. Is that a tweed champ I'm seeing? 

@volvo240thebest We are having a boy this time around.  

BTW, I was never too concerned about the exposed rivets ripping shit up until yesterday when i was sliding around on our floor taking pics of my daughter and her friend and I realized I scratched the shit out of our floor haha

Edited by garden gnomes in space

20 hours ago, Bobbo said:

Oh man, some good activity going on while I'm at work. Nice denim evo there Aho and good to see Erk and Broark also joining the 20's train!

On another note, it looks like I'll be at Selvedge Run in January, and so will Inoue. Anyone else of you toons swinging by? Would be fun to have a TCB 20's night out with Master-sama in Berlin!

20 hours ago, volvo240thebest said:

As usual the selvedge run in Berlin fall right in the middle of the deadlines of the two most difficult funding applications I do for my work, the most hectic time of the year... I'll see what I can do but if I can make it it will be a last minute decision...

yup - this one sucks just like the last one did! again, it's in the middle of the week and, much like @volvo240thebest, I have currently scheduled a hot project phase for that week...let's see if things change once we get closer, but I can certainly do the weekend before or after - if Volvo can make it he can stay at our place.

speaking of Berlin, just came back from a nice weekend - some of our high school bands were playing at some sort of anniversary event: 33 years of Twang Tone (a Berlin 7" vinyl label). it was fun to go back in time to 1984 (and before). lots of beat, sixties, garage punk, soul and mod sounds!

IMG_5238.JPG

IMG_5240.JPG

IMG_5244.JPG

IMG_5246.JPG

IMG_5250.JPG

IMG_5254.JPG

for sure, nobody got any younger, but they certainly didn't get any quieter!

Edited by Foxy2

10 hours ago, erk said:

paulT you dirty dog. Is that a tweed champ I'm seeing? 

1954. A bargain from the early days of eBay, must have been 2005 or earlier. It's looking pretty good considering my nipper coloured the top with red felt pen when he was a toddler. I'm just working out how to use it with/ source an external speaker cab which I think will sound awesome.

On 11/14/2017 at 1:41 PM, bartlebyyphonics said:

[sorry, feel like i'm blitzing the thread: will shut up after this]

but in the mood for sharing...

slightly better lit fit-pix with more references

this time: the million dollar hat man tom mix

pictured in the 20s with something akin to the triple pleat (similar pockets and slender arms, but only a double)

and the most extreme blanket coat (with something fitwise akin to jeggings...)

1920s simulacra, then and now...

001.jpg

003.jpg

On 11/18/2017 at 3:17 PM, mandel9000 said:

Sorry, I couldn't help myself!
IMG_1042.thumb.jpg.16c6626693e924533607da582a3c134c.jpg

On 11/18/2017 at 9:32 PM, bartlebyyphonics said:

boom! nice look mandel!

now; more pix to follow 2morrow

but intergenerational triple-pleatism achieved today!

IMG_4419.JPG

IMG_4422.JPG

On 11/19/2017 at 4:29 PM, Paul T said:

Sometimes you just got to copy the cool kids

fitwith3pleat.jpg

all this talk about the triple pleat and all that posing & voguing made me feel incomplete after realizing I'm missing one in my personal collection.

since the coolest one from recent memory is part of Bowery Blue Makers' offering I decided to place an order...

3.jpg

_DSC3232a.jpg

_DSC3235a.jpg

^ loving it

its time to cite some georg simmel on all this citation

(writing in 1904, published in english in 1957)

“Fashion is the imitation of a given example and satisfies the demand for social adaptation; it leads the individual upon the road which all travel, it furnishes a general condition, which resolves the conduct of every individual into a mere example… fashion represents nothing more than one of the many forms of life by the aid of which we seek to combine in uniform spheres of activity the tendency towards social equalization with the desire for individual differentiation and change.”

[a struggle of individuality and similarity... how we struggle!]

i am looking fwd to the establishment of a given set of tuxes and poses to better assess context and fadez!

Simmel.fashion.pdf

Funny what others have mentioned and that I find to be true, that the jeans look way more fitted than they feel. They're comfortably loose, I could probably do stretches in them without feeling constricted but they look rather slim in photos. At least sized true, like I did.

(And not to put an emphasis on the female anatomy after all that we've been through here ;), but if I size by my true waist (29-30) it means filling out the seat and the thighs more, whereas a man wearing the same size is probably slimmer in those areas and will rock the jeans looser.)

Edited by mandel9000
clarification

2 hours ago, Foxy2 said:

all this talk about the triple pleat and all that posing & voguing made me feel incomplete after realizing I'm missing one in my personal collection.

since the coolest one from recent memory is part of Bowery Blue Makers' offering I decided to place an order...

3.jpg

LOL! Can't wait to see it. They do look fabulou, altho' I wish they'd produced it in a lighter weight. But something that fades in less than a couple of years would be welcome.

I've worn mine as a blouse, indoors and out, for a full year and I reckon it will be another one or more likely two before it starts to show genuine wear (the light weight, while it gives a different feel, means it creases and crumples significantly less, plus that 1880s Cone denim simply doesn't crock).