Happy Jeans - Tcb 20s contest thread

6 hours ago, aho said:

The denim after 5 washes (don't ask)!:

37644156035_5924798815_c.jpg

38531336031_796306c3f0_c.jpg

24659093808_f248a793de_c.jpg

38531333031_8e2c6fdc1e_c.jpg

And while I don't have a triple pleat, I CAN offer you the awkward Uniqlo mirror fit pics (Fullcount Type 1 under there somewhere):

38531326951_9663a0b01a_z.jpg

Was wondering how everyone's look so slim, but realized it's just the front angling. Here's my true JNCO fit:

26755769599_a82894a21c_z.jpg

Love the fit .... the whole outfit is great 

free charles manson put me over the edge. I also slipped in just under the wire thanks to volvo. I was waffling big time on this and his patience was excellent. 

went with W: 31 L: 34 - my measured waist is 31. was very tempted to go down one. 

Edited by erk

15 minutes ago, Cucoo said:

I'd say sizing down is definitely an option with this denim, but not needed, since they're really not enormous in the leg :)

yeah. they don't look very wide. I think they're actually going to be slimmer than my 50s at the hem. The thing I really care about is a fitted topblock. 

37 minutes ago, erk said:

went with W: 31 L: 34 - my measured waist is 31. was very tempted to go down one. 

What says Cucoo it's true. You can size down 1 easily on these if you want. With a tts sizing you'll be fine too of course, mine were sized tts and after a few days I just put the cinch into good use!

^^

hey erk, welcome aboard!

fyi i compared hems on my w.38 20s (after soak, wash and dryer) with w.36 (well worn) 50s and they matched up pretty exactly (somewhere down the thread when first got the jeans - pic here again, l-r, 50s > 20s) 

as cucoo sez, sizing down is def. possible with these as stretch is not insignificant (and certainly for mine, it stretched back to raw size, not tag size, so is now only w.38 when cinched...) - but agreeing w. volvo that cinch solves bagginess for tts fit (and suspenders for the oversize - i am still boggled at karl the IG-er going for w.40), and the fabric is such that it drapes well (for my personal wouldn't want the 50s fabric or fit baggy) and hangs well - is not superheavy and even with my oversize fit wearing with just belt does not create discomfort on hips...  i like these with some movement allowed... (i like the 50s as clamped on...)

and thanks again to volvo, ed and jsn (and inoue-san!) for facilitating all this, and getting the clan expanding!

50_vs_20_hem.png

^ I think you'll be grand with a 36, you're about my same size on many different jeans and mosdef a size up on this cut is not mandatory, unless you're our Japanese IG serial fader and overall tcb fanboy hero Karl, then you go for a size 40 cause you don't give a damn about how slim you look hahaha!

@erk re hem width the 20s on the same size are trimmer than the 50s. on a 36 50s are about 24.5 and 20s about 1 cm less +/-

I'm surprised how sleek the cut looks on most people, in fairness.

14 hours ago, aho said:

Here's my true JNCO fit:

26755769599_a82894a21c_z.jpg

I think the denim draping better once it's not freshly washed will lead to a "slimmer" look:

2017-11-20_12_26_30.thumb.jpg.bfdceaebfb230285a520bae98a99ce8d.jpg

2017-11-20_12_26_52.thumb.jpg.b8521cea4a7e250eb331ac34d33c7484.jpg

But to echo Volvo, they really do look slimmer than they feel. Today's outfit feat. suspenders under vest ^^

Oh and yesterday, doing some light construction work :D

2017-11-19_18_32_08.thumb.jpg.36ada55d6af001d6de7f4d08472951d1.jpg

not time for jeans evo, but here's some daughter evo. Jeans are 20s of course!

[damn she was born just before the 50s contest...now that I think about it...]

IMG-20171119-WA0002.jpg

Edited by volvo240thebest

Great to see you on board guys.

Erk, I went down a size because I'd worn the contest pair; I like the fit this way but enjoyed the 1 size up fit just as much, it feels more 1920s.

Thought you might appreciate the sight of some tweed, Erk. This one's a bit neglected, pulled it out this weekend and want to get it back into regular use again.

champ.jpg

23 hours ago, not too tight said:

@Paul T is that the mister freedom peacoat I spy in your hand? I sadly outgrew mine after only a year or two of owning it. 

I noticed the pocket bags are a twill not a duck, not a big deal but curious about the change.

Yes it is, I think this is might be the cheaper jcrew one, the lovely Mark Randall found it for me. Of course I never wear it if rain is forecast as I'm trying to keep that fabric dark.

Yes you're right, those pockets are a twill, it's so dark in my house in the morning when I get dressed that I never really noticed!

Edited by Paul T

Oh man, some good activity going on while I'm at work. Nice denim evo there Aho and good to see Erk and Broark also joining the 20's train!

On another note, it looks like I'll be at Selvedge Run in January, and so will Inoue. Anyone else of you toons swinging by? Would be fun to have a TCB 20's night out with Master-sama in Berlin!