Happy Jeans - Tcb 20s contest thread

2 hours ago, propellerbeanie said:

When you guys tumble dry, do you turn the jeans inside out or not? I've turned them inside out in the past, but it ends up making "reverse folded" lines on the outseam if that makes sense, and I can't seem to iron them out.

yup, that can happen - no f...'s given!

Nice photos Volvo!

My pair has stretched all it will in the waist and the chinch works just fine in keeping them up, don't even need to wear a belt :) I'm afraid they'll turn out too light for winter though :( Temps fell to around 3° over the weekend and it gets chilly in the 20s. It's fine for work days where I'm only outside for a cigarette's length every few hours but I won't stand around the Christkindlmarkt all evening in them I guess.

^ the glorious mysteries of thermal underwear i guess... breaking out my uniqlo x monster hunter thermals for that very reason... 

on a more historical but related note; any consensus on when denim waist overalls/jeans moved from being over-trousers that protect a 'nicer' pair into a pair of trousers in their own right? is it around 20s or more 50s?

8 minutes ago, bartlebyyphonics said:

^ the glorious mysteries of thermal underwear i guess... breaking out my uniqlo x monster hunter thermals for that very reason... 

on a more historical but related note; any consensus on when denim waist overalls/jeans moved from being over-trousers that protect a 'nicer' pair into a pair of trousers in their own right? is it around 20s or more 50s?

Interesting question. Definitely gone by the 30s - women wore them as fashion-wear by then, so I suspect it was only bib overalls conventionally worn over trousers. And there were good numbers wore them as regular pants well before then, even from the late 1800s, so I suspect they were only over-trousers for some people, not all. FOr instance, Can't Bust Em's Frisko Jeens, worn by sailors, were never over-garments.

Edited by Paul T

On 11/13/2017 at 9:57 PM, bartlebyyphonics said:

Maybe also a question related to the disappearance of specific jobs/professions - mining comes to mind...

also, some more fit shots from tonight:

4025AA6E-A71E-464B-AFFE-FFB49DDBFA85.jpeg

7406B0AD-4CEC-41EE-B3FC-2FC2416093B8.jpeg

CAA20B37-41DD-4FDC-8785-B0E273F2C606.jpeg

Edited by Foxy2

^

indeed indeed

nice fit foxy sir

also a work pic

(apologies for poor quality, taken in haste and shared merely to demonstrate silhouette)

one object among others

via d'aurevilly on beau brummell

"[the dandy] elevated himself to the rank of an object"

IMG_4297.JPG

Edited by bartlebyyphonics

^

scary indeed!!! 

this is now my autumn work uniform... (have been grinding a post overalls and lvc-44 combo until now)

i am going with the triple pleat rather vest / waistcoat bizz to cover the suspenders - but am on look out for vests for spring summer...

the boots are much worn, much loved grenson (from the pre-outsourcing days, recently resoled, at the cheaney factory)

but to increase the doppelganging madness - i also have the cheaney veldtschoen: i found at good price in sale, having snaffled them up, looked afterwards for any discussion on them online saw your blog post... and your extensive love of the veldtschoen - respect!

22 hours ago, bartlebyyphonics said:

002_copy.jpg

love Tom Mix, but I'm digging the belt buckle to the left!
maybe it's time to get a belt of that type set up?

Edited by Foxy2

22 minutes ago, Foxy2 said:

love Tom Nix, but I'm digging the belt buckle to the left!
maybe it's time to get a belt of that type set up?

I think it would look perfect paired with your Trickers, :D

yeah, I looked at their shop on Etsy earlier this year when some of their belt buckles got shown around here on SuFu...

not sure what to think of the quality of their leather?

1 hour ago, Foxy2 said:

yeah, I looked at their shop on Etsy earlier this year when some of their belt buckles got shown around here on SuFu...

not sure what to think of the quality of their leather?

Theyre quite ok! Just as expected of any souvenir belt from that era!

DD9DE585-9E25-4B01-9CBC-45F1E08752C2.jpeg

62F23ABF-8F3B-415C-9C6B-8E9FA8CAD767.jpeg

420DBB57-DA9F-4848-89C5-553D769027D7.jpeg

288B323B-761A-4F59-8910-90DD29DDE1FC.jpeg

Thanks for the info, Ed!
Always liked the design of the buckles, but wasn't convinced about the leather - maybe, I'll order one these days...

the buckles are reproductions and cost around $90 - with a plain (embossed) belt these are $140-150 (at this point the price is comparable to some of basic belts form Japanese denim brands) - with studs and workmanship the prices go up significantly...I understand that the belts are produced and assembled in the US.

Edited by Foxy2

They don't say (on the inside of the belt it's printed: Topgrain Cowhide Made In USA) - on Etsy it says they are shipping (directly?) from the US.
On their acewesternbelts website it says all belts are made in Sendai, Japan - which means "assembled" since the buckles and belts are sourced from the US.

Their international business could be handled differently than their Japan business, who knows...

Edited by Foxy2

I guess yours got shipped directly (Japan - Philippines makes more sense than Japan - USA - Philippines) - maybe that's what they do for custom orders?

Edited by Foxy2