Happy Jeans - Tcb 20s contest thread

Agreed on the stretch factor! I'd say given my size and frame, I'm closer to the farmer fit but it'll be good to mix things up. Also down with having some Japanese competition so long as we all on sufu can give them a good run for their money! ;D

2 hours ago, aho said:

Agreed on the stretch factor! I'd say given my size and frame, I'm closer to the farmer fit but it'll be good to mix things up. Also down with having some Japanese competition so long as we all on sufu can give them a good run for their money! ;D

I really hope one of those guys is Karl, his IG handle is @1188sft. One of the first era tcb fanboys and one hell of a pants fader. Today I've asked Inoue but I wasn't able to figure out from his reply if he's in or not... :D

So I wore mine under my bibs today at work and i'm afraid to say but i think im going to have to cut my suspender buttons off. Does anyone have an idea how to do it without destroying the waist band? I am constantly moving around (electrician) and need to be able to bend over a million times a day without having them dig in my waist.

I'm excited for the Japanese to join, the more the merrier for sure but nervous I'm not going to place anymore haha, when we only had 20 contenders I felt like it was a shoo-in.

47 minutes ago, bartlebyyphonics said:

karl is the dude you want in. but does he not have 20/30s tux already?

a carpenter/ furniture maker?

his pants will be fearsome worn...

yes he already has the 20s...

Meanwhile there is two new guys ready to join, one from New Zeland and one....drum roll.....from Italy! Living in Switzerland but still one of us ; )
I'm triying to give this dude some sizing help, but I have an hard time to figure it out myself, and I'm worried asking Inoue will make this an excessive size up. He wears a pair of RMC lot 004 in a size 30. His waist is 87 cm, and the RMC measure 42,5 cm waist BIG style, so 85 cm, which makes sense. To me he would be either a 33 or 34 on TCB. the RMC have a low front rise (24.5 cm) though. Please someone either similar size or familiar with RMC sizing could help this dude out? Does it make any sense that discrepancy between rmc sizing and tcb sizing? I'd almost say 33. Is there anyone with first hand 33 size measurements?

cheers for your help.

Edited by volvo240thebest

Sorry unable to help with sizing :(

A few points:

-Hilarious that anytime someone posts an ig handle, I open it up only to find I already am following the person! dude is very good at fading jeans.....
-Suspender buttons: Not sure how to separate them, but I'm curious what suspenders everyone went with?
-Exposed rivets: any good methods for hammering them down? Or do we just....hammer them?!
-Denim brother/sisterhood: I love that this contest has pulled me both back into the denim world, but also made sufu fun for me again! Forgive me if I post countless posts with little information just to keep the conversation flowing...

2 minutes ago, aho said:

-Suspender buttons: Not sure how to separate them, but I'm curious what suspenders everyone went with?
-Denim brother/sisterhood: I love that this contest has pulled me both back into the denim world, but also made sufu fun for me again! Forgive me if I post countless posts with little information just to keep the conversation flowing...

re suspenders I didn't feel to spend big money on them, so I bought a job lot (!) of three pairs by Lee 101 on ebay for dirt cheap (20/25 euro can't remember). Those Lee 101 suspenders come free with some of their jeans. Another cheap alternative (at least for euro guys) it's go with surplus suspenders. UK Royal air force (pale grey) or Czech army (army green). Today I worn the jeans with suspenders for the first time. So far so good, but I prefer the fit with a belt, opposite of my Warehouse "20s", where I much prefer the fit with suspenders rather than with a belt.

welcome back, I didn't notice your lack of interest, a week ago you were second in another jeans contest, FFS! perhaps a 3 days hiatus?

2 minutes ago, volvo240thebest said:

Am I the only one who thinks the forum's own photo uploading system screws the quality of pics a bit?

Totally agree.

@bartlebyyphonics same! No need for a belt when you cinch and have them sit just above the hips. 

5 hours ago, JDelage said:

Those rivets look like furniture killers....

Which is why Levi's ended up getting rid of them. :P They do look cool though.

5 hours ago, aho said:

-Exposed rivets: any good methods for hammering them down? Or do we just....hammer them?!

Pretty sure @mikecch just hand hammered the exposed rivets on his pair of Roys.

Edited by Iron Horse

5 hours ago, aho said:

Sorry unable to help with sizing :(

A few points:

-Hilarious that anytime someone posts an ig handle, I open it up only to find I already am following the person! dude is very good at fading jeans.....

U might need this tool to properly hammered the rivet , i will hammered one of my rivet and see if im liking it or not to apply on all the rivets

image.jpg

I hammer the rivets on most of my jeans, pretty much any rivet that could potentially scratch a leather belt. Nowadays I use a jewellery hammer, the same I use to install brass pins into boot soles.  Just make sure you have a solid 'anvil'. 

8 hours ago, volvo240thebest said:

yes he already has the 20s...

Meanwhile there is two new guys ready to join, one from New Zeland and one....drum roll.....from Italy! Living in Switzerland but still one of us ; )
I'm triying to give this dude some sizing help, but I have an hard time to figure it out myself, and I'm worried asking Inoue will make this an excessive size up. He wears a pair of RMC lot 004 in a size 30. His waist is 87 cm, and the RMC measure 42,5 cm waist BIG style, so 85 cm, which makes sense. To me he would be either a 33 or 34 on TCB. the RMC have a low front rise (24.5 cm) though. Please someone either similar size or familiar with RMC sizing could help this dude out? Does it make any sense that discrepancy between rmc sizing and tcb sizing? I'd almost say 33. Is there anyone with first hand 33 size measurements?

cheers for your help.

regarding RMC - I have Lot.001 and Lot.003 in W31 and W30. it seems like the dude might be a bit slimmer than I these days so I would recommend to size the TCB's at least W32 (my TCB size in the 50's & 60's models) if not W31. A W33 is also possible, but it's definitely on the wide side, which might be too much for a dude coming from a slim, tapered cut with only medium rise.
Is he wearing his Lot.004 tight or more on the lose/comfortable side?

also, I might get my W33 today to give better advice...

9 hours ago, not too tight said:

So I wore mine under my bibs today at work and i'm afraid to say but i think im going to have to cut my suspender buttons off. Does anyone have an idea how to do it without destroying the waist band? I am constantly moving around (electrician) and need to be able to bend over a million times a day without having them dig in my waist.

I'm excited for the Japanese to join, the more the merrier for sure but nervous I'm not going to place anymore haha, when we only had 20 contenders I felt like it was a shoo-in.

you'll need a wire cutter flat enough to get between the shank and the denim to cut the nail/thorn - or strong enough to cut through shank and nail (close the the denim).