Happy Jeans - Tcb 20s contest thread

On 11/6/2017 at 5:23 PM, MileHighEvertonian said:

Not the most adept with the tailor's tape, but here's what I got pre-soak, size 36:

W: 48.5 cm/~19in

FR: 33 cm / 13in

BR: 45 / 17 3/4

TH (1 inch below crotch): 35 cm / 13 3/4in

Knee (12 inches below crotch): 27cm / 10 3/4in

Hem: 24 cm / 9 1/2in

Inseam (requested 84 cm post-shrink): 90 cm / 35 1/2in.

Updated specs after 1 hot tap water soak and hang dry over night, then a hot machine wash 'n' dry this evening:

W: 44cm

FR: 31

BR: 41

TH: 33

Knee: 25

Hem: 22

Inseam: 83.5

Edited by MileHighEvertonian

Nuking them as we speak...Maxed out all the wash settings for heat, spin dry, and deep clean mode; They shrank exactly how I wanted them to, and I'm now roasting them in the drier for an hour max heat. Not my normal process but I need these to shrink max fast and I've no intention of giving them any "special treatment" (I babied my contest Ooe's.....)

Edited by aho

8 hours ago, volvo240thebest said:

Yeah guys just wear the jeans as 1 +/- week of wear in the long run doesn't make a big difference.

I don't mind either.

already send Jason a forum mail about the tracking number for my pair...

Edited by Foxy2

1 hour ago, aho said:

Nuking them as we speak...Maxed out all the wash settings for heat, spin dry, and deep clean mode; They shrank exactly how I wanted them to, and I'm now roasting them in the drier for an hour max heat. Not my normal process but I need these to shrink max fast and I've no intention of giving them any "special treatment" (I babied my contest Ooe's.....)

Blimey, this contest is getting hardcore already!

RE: front rise 

Comparing the official TCB size chart on the first page with my own after wash measurements, they're more or less identical. Mine measure <1 cm less in the waist, thigh and desired inseam. The only place where they differ significantly is the front rise which I have at 30 cm - 2,5 cm or a full inch higher than the TCB measurements. A deviation I for one am very, very happy about! 

45 minutes ago, erk said:

Someone’s got a rubber ruler over at tcb. That rise measurement was one of the reasons I sat this out. 

The jeans look awesome tho. Congrats everybody. This’ll be a fun one to watch. 

Yeah couldn't agree more. I swear to God I did all I could. If you check the op you'll see pics of how tcb measure their jeans  but still I didn't manage to straighten this out correctly. I know people like you or @dr_heech would have jumped on this if the jeans had a higher front rise. Next time I'll send @bobbo to Kurashiki to take measurements lol!

nonetheless I couldn't be happier with all the good fits we are seeing here. The 20s seems to work well with everybody so far and that's great. They are my favorite tcb fit of all for sure, and I feel it'll be dead easy to stay loyal to these pants for 18 months.

day 2 with the jeans, day 1 with the full 20s/30s tux, plus old Navigare watch cap, Deluxeware sweat, Edwin peacoat and rw8111.

P_20171108_150348_1-01.jpeg

2 minutes ago, volvo240thebest said:

Yeah couldn't agree more. I swear to God I did all I could. If you check the op you'll see pics of how tcb measure their jeans  but still I didn't manage to straighten this out correctly. I know people like you or @dr_heech would have jumped on this if the jeans had a higher front rise. Next time I'll send @bobbo to Kurashiki to take measurements lol

don't beat yourself up about it. its not your fault. I thought you nailed it, this is totally on them. All their sizing charts seem to be a bit wacky. 

fit looks great! 

just heard back from @jsn - jeans are expected to arrive in Moscow on Monday, maybe earlier...

they left Manila on Monday and made it through China and Korea so far.

Edited by Foxy2

Absolutely loving this fit- much better now it's my proper size vs the world tour pair. Nice to have a single cuff (sorry Volvo). Debating about the washing frequency; I want to do different frequencies than my 30s jacket. 

IMG_2837.JPG

IMG_2842.JPG

Edited by nycsurfer530

^ then I'd go frequent washes on jeans and less washes on jacket. Nothing better than a mixed tuxedo with darker top and lighter bottom IMO!

Yet another great fit! Getting these jeans was a 3+ months farce, but now that we see the results we could almost mark it down as a collective triumph!
c'mon guys post your fits, I'm curious to see how the cut works for everybody. Most curious to see the jumbo W40 fit on @Inimitable N! !

Ok Ed, I love you and your Asian Charles Bronson swag but this is harassment. It already takes guts to be a female on SuFu let alone participate in a contest that has you posting images of clothing fitting your body.  She's already asked once to drop the 'joke'.  Lets welcome Mandel not run her out of town. 

Edited by garden gnomes in space

mmh shall we just stop it Ed? you know only too well how much I enjoy to take the piss out of others (be it men, women, cats or gods!), but this time it's maybe better to keep it nice and quiet, and just not offend the sensivity of other people.  you can keep take the piss out of me, and I'll be most happy to exchange it back, you fat filthy filipino stalker!

[ggis was quicker!]

Edited by volvo240thebest

Im really liking being back in jeans.  This cut is very nice, would actually like to see it in a non-cinch, non-repro offering.  Denim reminds me of Full Counts 13.7 oz offering as the texture and hand feel similar.  I picked the arcs last night to resemble the levi's arc so Im in full repro mode, with the exception of the suspender buttons.  

RE: Rusty buttons.  Mine are still minty and shiny, interesting to see some rust on others.  maybe my eco-washer is too kind on these things.  

Edited by garden gnomes in space

Well put, garden gnomes and Volvo! Ed, I don't mind people taking the piss out of me every now and then and I appreciate nasty jokes as much as the next person. More, even. Keep being you, by all means, just tone down the chauvinist banter. If this is going to be the reaction every time I post a fit pic, I'll simply stop posting them. It's getting tired and old and certainly won't encourage more women to participate here. Pro-tip: Next time you want to write nice hips, just go with nice fit. 

16 minutes ago, garden gnomes in space said:

RE: Rusty buttons.  Mine are still minty and shiny, interesting to see some rust on others.  maybe my eco-washer is too kind on these things.  

it will happen soon! I have rust on the jacket already, not yet on the jeans. I never use echo mode for jeans whatsoever, I just want them to float in as much water as possible.
it's already echo enough to buy non wash jeans, echo mode ruined my first pair of 60s and I won't do it any more...I got some unaesthetic flod crinkles because of it, I think.

13 minutes ago, volvo240thebest said:

it will happen soon! I have rust on the jacket already, not yet on the jeans. I never use echo mode for jeans whatsoever, I just want them to float in as much water as possible.
it's already echo enough to buy non wash jeans, echo mode ruined my first pair of 60s and I won't do it any more...I got some unaesthetic flod crinkles because of it, I think.

I cant figure out how to wash non-eco.  Every wash cycle is like a fucking puddle with the clothes slopping around in it.  Probably could get better results on the banks of the ganges...

59 minutes ago, garden gnomes in space said:

I cant figure out how to wash non-eco.  Every wash cycle is like a fucking puddle with the clothes slopping around in it.  Probably could get better results on the banks of the ganges...

my washing machine has two different modes for 30° C, echo or standard. from 40° C onwards it's only standard wash. I tend to wash jeans always at 40° unless for any reason I need a 60° nuclear wash...

1 hour ago, mandel9000 said:

If this is going to be the reaction every time I post a fit pic, I'll simply stop posting them. It's getting tired and old and certainly won't encourage more women to participate here. Pro-tip: Next time you want to write nice hips, just go with nice fit. 

I think we're all glad that you decided to speak up instead of just not posting - can't speak for everyone but I think most guys at least rolled their eyes at Ed's "cat-calling" ;) 

Here's me today:

DSC_2653.thumb.JPG.27bf925b73391d149bd9d73b9729e60f.JPG

Once the knees settle down I'm golden :) I did adjust the cuffs later on to get a small break over the boots.

Oh, and it's true that you don't even notice the suspender buttons under a (thin-ish) belt.

21 minutes ago, volvo240thebest said:

my washing machine has two different modes for 30° C, echo or standard. from 40° C onwards it's only standard wash. I tend to wash jeans always at 40° unless for any reason I need a 60° nuclear wash...

My machine does pretty much every cycle "eco", and to make things worse the "dark clothes" setting uses less agitation on top of that :D It's fine for black t-shirts etc. but not the best setting to shrink new denim.