Happy Jeans - Tcb 20s contest thread

23 minutes ago, MJF9 said:

The belt loops with a little wear... 

20171107_133549.jpg

Sorry guys, the contest is over - MJF9 is the winner!
no point in trying to catch up...

31 minutes ago, edmond said:

We have 

1 32

1  33 

1 36

1 38 

last 4 pairs in the store 

30 minutes ago, volvo240thebest said:

the wise businessman bought some extra contest pairs ^ I knew @mandel9000 #showmethearcs pic would have caused a sudden increase of sales.

Ya'll think I could shrink that 32 down enough to fit me anywhere close to the One Wash sized 30 that I spoke of?

It would make me very happy if we could just let that joke go and focus on the contest from now on. 

I did take some photos (and fit-pics) after washing and drying but the sun is going down right about now and they came out a little dark, so I think I'll wait until tomorrow. I've worn the jeans for half an hour now and they've already stretched out quite a lot. Very soft and comfy too. 

9 hours ago, Foxy2 said:

how comes this peasant has no central heating but owns a washing machine? isn't the peasant's wife (along with the 5 children) supposed to go to the river for that while you labour in the fields?

Great pics everybody! looks like fun!

will certainly be the last to receive the denim - EMS Russia is not that fast...

Peasant with benefits.  

#12 been put on for the first time, too ;) Inseam shrinked to the desired length to the cm, thighs are 30cm, front rise is 1,5cm bigger than the chart said but better than the other way around :D Anyways, I think they shrunk enough to just start wearing, no need to nuke them. They feel very light and comfy, exactly what I wanted - as I mentioned before my main intention was to replace an old pair of LVC '55 that was my main around-the-house pair. Speaking of the '55, the legs actually match 1:1, can't really tell by this pic but they line up perfectly:

DSC_2626.thumb.JPG.008b600b0f03dd3ab1a0a2fbd2c61a88.JPG

So I'm liking this fit, a lot! My only critique right now would be that the back pockets are pretty tiny. Other than that, really nice cut, full but not railroad-worker-costume-full. Denim is pretty light (at least compared to what I'm wearing most of the time) but of course feels and looks great.

Not sure how to cuff them either, 5cm double cuff should work for a start until the denim settles a bit.

Fit, please excuse the "a toddler lives here" room

DSC_2640.thumb.JPG.c2cfac96acbb71598103d499aaa1ce21.JPG

Edited by Cucoo

Found mine in the flower bed!

Sizing looks perfect for me assuming we get a good deal of shrinkage. Hoping for sun tomorrow. Then I'm looking forward to getting all my chunky boots out again.

Too dark for pix, but I especially like the indigo pocket bags, which are less bulky than I imagined, and evoke the Roy contest jeans for me. If it's like the US stuff, those pockets will bleed like a bastard and we will all have attractive blue groins.

#19 arrived yesterday! due to my current show schedule it was too dark and too late for anything more to happen to the largest pair in the contest... well, except for being rapidly removed from the DHL bag!

measurements and pictures to come.. I opted to go "oversize" in order to get some real shrink out of 'em, so expect a litany of data ;)

^^

inimitable n; oversized fit-bro fist bump...

shrinking, nuking and expanding; lets see what that fabric got...

great updates all!

holding off from soak til got access/time for industrial dryer

oh! thirding mandel's request

& when new thread gonna kik in?

& sorry for n00bsville questions;

official start date?

rules?

terms of conduct?

banned methods?

end date?

[messing around; end and finish is rly the query]

Edited by bartlebyyphonics

Hey Mandel sorry for the bad jokes, pun was intended more ed side than you of course but I'll try to not use it any more haha, point taken ;)

Re thread actually I've asked to Wayne to edit the title of this thread and keeping this  thread in use.

On 2017-11-03 at 6:56 PM, volvo240thebest said:

sure we'll start once everybody has the jeans. In case someone receives the pair earlier we could admit a bit of amnisty wear, cause 2 weeks more wear on the long run don't make a friggin difference IMO. 18 months sharp from the date. I guess with nov 15th it's a very optimistic guesstimate. Pity I have a trip for concerts in Hungary nov 11th-14th   which would have been fun to document for the contest. Volvo's invasion of Hungary...

I think this sounds alright. A week or two don't make a difference.

• sufu1 changed the title to Happy Jeans - Tcb 20s contest thread
On 6/1/2017 at 4:44 AM, volvo240thebest said:

TCB 20s
Replica of a 1922 pair of Levi's 501 from Hajime Inoue's personal collection. typical details of a 1920's pair of jeans, straight cut, cinchback, exposed back pocket rivets, crotch rivet, suspender buttons, iron buttons that will rust instantly.
Fabric: 8x8 Memphis cotton denim, 12.5 oz weight. Superb fabric, I must say!

Quoting from volvo very first post