Happy Jeans - Tcb 20s contest thread

Super excited to finally have them in hand. Im gonna throw mine in a quick hot wash with light spin. the waist seems to be perfect and comfortable rise for sure.

did anyone else notice the belt loops look like a different denim? maybe its just my imagination

Edited by not too tight

DAMN!

Maybe it's just the relief of finally having them in hand, first raw denim in almost two years, or the swag of cinch, suspenders, exposed rivets etc. but I have to say these jeans have pulled me back into the denim fray. Not that I went anywhere. The fabric itself seems to be a bleeder, and shrank a ton, but stretched back out a ton as well. These are the loosest jeans I've owned since my JNCO's in middle school, and I have to say they are cozy as all hell, perfect for the upcoming cooler months. My only issue is I have no idea how to wear loose jeans, but I'll begin channeling my inner freemanmitsuru shortly. Should've come prepared like volvo with some engineer boots! 

18 hours ago, volvo240thebest said:

Then peasant dryer

P_20171106_204551.jpg

how comes this peasant has no central heating but owns a washing machine? isn't the peasant's wife (along with the 5 children) supposed to go to the river for that while you labour in the fields?

Great pics everybody! looks like fun!

will certainly be the last to receive the denim - EMS Russia is not that fast...

Edited by Foxy2

I turned mine right side out after hang drying inside out over night, still wet but yes, they shrank up a lot. I'll compare to the given measurements tonight to see if they're done or if I have to "borrow" my Mum's dryer. Did a quick comparison with my LVC '55 and lying flat the legs are the same width, top block is much roomier of course, but I think the fit will be great. Denim is very soft and folding lines have almost disappeared on their own.

By the way, any ideas on how to protect other clothes from the buckle prongs once we start to just throw them in with the rest of our laundry? (Part of the buckle has apparently been pressing on the patch on my pair when in the wash, too, some indigo transfer occurred). Just keeping the buckle closed would work I guess, I left it open for the first wash so the denim could shrink freely.

9 hours ago, Broark said:

Maybe Ed, let me think on it. I wanted a pair without the suspender buttons but I guess I could just remove them myself.

Don't worry about suspenders buttons they're barely noticeable under a belt! Others will confirm, not a bother comfort wise!

One last question before I potentially jump off the cliff and into a pair of 20's, how sharp are the back rivets?
I know I could just hammer them down, but I'm concerned about the leather seats in my car.

41 minutes ago, Broark said:

One last question before I potentially jump off the cliff and into a pair of 20's, how sharp are the back rivets?
I know I could just hammer them down, but I'm concerned about the leather seats in my car.

the rivets sit high enough to not be a problem unless you drive with your ass very far from the back seat. I just drove a couple hours this morning and didn't make any harm. I've worn another pair of 20's style jeans before (wh 1004) the only chance you have to ruin a chair or a sofa is if/when you sit very low/far from the back seat (eg sit with your feet on a table, denimbro feet up friday style if you know what I mean haha!).

P_20171107_140216-01.jpeg

Edited by volvo240thebest

3 hours ago, volvo240thebest said:

Lighter denim for the belt loops as per og specs!

Day 1 pair #1

I still need to fiddle around with cuffs... Very happy with the fit nonetheless!

P_20171107_102841-01.jpeg

Ofcourse Volvo would nail the fit on the first try. This looks so good

Somebody bow out on their size 30 and send them my way! Damn hahaha

5 hours ago, mandel9000 said:

Aha! It's quite different from the main denim. Lighter (in weight) for sure, and at first I thought it looked a bit like duck. Will be interesting to see how it fades compared to the rest of the jean. 

The belt loops with a little wear... 

20171107_133549.jpg

Whoah, they shrank! Figured I'd take advantage of the industrial laundry in the basement of my building to get all shrinkage out before we begin. I brought a measuring tape and did some quick measurements when moving the jeans from the washer to the dryer just now. Rise was still 11.5-11.75" which is more than enough for me. Waist is spot-on at 30" and the inseam at 79 cm, just as requested. 

• sufu1 changed the title to Happy Jeans - Tcb 20s contest thread