Happy Jeans - Tcb 20s contest thread

14 hours ago, propellerbeanie said:

Hey @volvo240thebest, will these come one-washed or unwashed? Also, would it be best contacting TCB's Instagram in regards to back rise measurements or is there a better avenue? I'm interested, and am thinking of either the size 30 or 31...

sorry I didn't see the whole question here. The jeans can be ordered either raw or one wash. I'd go raw and just tell Inoue which inseam length you want after wash. This way you can fiddle with washing (first wash at lower temperatures and then if needed higher temperatures) in case you need to keep the jeans not shrunken to the max potential.

3 hours ago, volvo240thebest said:

hey you bunch of uneducated peasants! not one single comment on the patch?!? I think it's one of the best patches I've ever seen, I'd love to have the same design on a tshirt.

SUCH A GOOD CALL!! :) how can we make these into shirts? I know there's dozens of websites in screen images on shirts but I'm also assuming someone on this board has access to a more legit shirt maker ;) 

I can screen and/or discharge print the patch onto shirts if I can get a high-res copy of the image (or if it's ok for me to re-draw it)!

Also really tempted to enter this contest—tried on the 20s at The Shop last week and loved how they fit...

Edited by chicote

Anyone planning to make this their DWC pair as well? I guess you could start wearing your '20s in October since you're allowed to have a pair of jeans at 30 days of wear by the start of the DWC. I probably won't do that since I work at a Levi's store here in Australia, so I'll get more wear out of, say, a new pair of '76 501s.

I'm really quite interested in getting a pair of these even if it's just to wear occasionally because of the special leather patch and arcs, but I'd probably remove the suspender buttons. Since I have worn a pair of '33 501s in the past, I find the combination of suspender buttons and a belt to be a bit uncomfortable for my liking (it's not unbearable, but not preferable)... I may end up sewing buttons on the inside of the waistband like you sometimes see with trousers. Also @volvo240thebest, thanks for the clarification about the one-washed/unwashed - I will most likely go with the raw then nuke them in my washing machine. While I'm typing this, I have convinced myself to get a pair, so sign me up! =P

8 hours ago, volvo240thebest said:

hey you bunch of uneducated peasants! not one single comment on the patch?!? I think it's one of the best patches I've ever seen, I'd love to have the same design on a tshirt.

Did you help the design for the patch volvo? 

the patch is great - will certainly make an excellent T given a decent base quality. how about a white print on a blue body?

as for the jeans - I will go with the raw option in size W32 or W33 in standard length. W32 has been my preferred width for the 50's and 60's cuts, but I need to check if I have gotten fatter recently...

8 hours ago, chicote said:

I can screen and/or discharge print the patch onto shirts if I can get a high-res copy of the image (or if it's ok for me to re-draw it)!

Also really tempted to enter this contest—tried on the 20s at The Shop last week and loved how they fit...

DO IT! (like Shia sez)

Also: yr personal perspectives on the fit?

12 hours ago, volvo240thebest said:

sorry sir

lazily thought thanks to you and ed was covering it

but obs not.

dude, 'tis a mighty nice patch! happy to wear it into week jerky for 18 months!

give yr design friend props from me!

it got lost in all the niceness and pocket bag confusions!

I propose chicote t-shirt for the tour!

The patch was designed by the wife of one of my best friends. I work with her very often for concert posters and CD design. She's great.

I gave her some basic infos (do a Levi's inspired patch, and 'every pair not guaranteed') and she did everything else including drawing the cats. She also used some 20s inspired fonts. The initial design had a nut cracker slim tapered Jean silhouette, then we changed to a loose fit and if you look into the image you'll see the Jean has even suspender buttons.

Re t shirt design, let's do it.

I think the most reasonable thing would be asking to Inoue and Ed/Regiment store first, since they're working on this and investing a bit to cover the prizes as well.if they don't want to do it then I'd find the Chicote way very desirable, especially if it's a discharge print... White on blue or blue in white it'd make me happy. I don't wear black so black print or black t shirt is a no go for me.

@chicote Ill let you know once I hear back from Inoue and Ed about t shirts. I have high res illustrator/pdf/jpeg files of the patch.

I'm in the middle of one of the most amusing Google translate farces I've experienced with Inoue so far, regarding t shirts! I have no clue what he's saying, very enjoyable!

Ivə gathered somehow that he has a friends factory which make good t shirts but their standard numbers for production are 120 pieces minimum. He's going to ask how much is going to cost for about 40 t shirts.

• sufu1 changed the title to Happy Jeans - Tcb 20s contest thread